*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Another Zombie Mod

+40
ukVandal
ULTralViolet.xxx
BXV-[Tr]
F3rit
Sincoza
sugnat
kerrermanisNL
stormy4528
Viglen
Delta
Smurf_cfc
Bullet2Hart
JohnScholten
kopite73
Lt.brad
Xazper
KingPaavo
DanielViros
H.sta
ExeTick
SpaaTTeLi
fillsson
Orford
OnePigeon
Chris_Kampfgurke
Da-Fort
Robskiet
bJN.uk
JToTheDog
SwaggerNL
Voodoo
SirBaconStrips
Jay Scott
Bounty
DeK_Thrasher
Fuggut
Lovvi
Vincent
capitan
Snippers
44 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Yet Another Zombie Mod - Page 2 Empty Re: Yet Another Zombie Mod

Post by Lovvi Sat 21 Apr - 19:19:20

About the installation guide picture: instead of having a picture of .rar files in the Addons folder, maybe have the .pbo files instead (may cause some confusion, because you have to unrar them anyway).
Lovvi
Lovvi

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Sun 22 Apr - 1:45:37

Yet Another Zombie Mod - Page 2 14l298j

Ohhh yeahh, this mod is truely epic love it :D

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Sun 22 Apr - 1:47:41

Well tonight's episode was certainly fun! Involved Snippers and Da-Fort leading with NVGs. Then me, Scholten, Smedy and Vekek were all following in pitch black. We had the great idea of assaulting the NW Airfield, which was actually quite hilarious until we got jumped by two Russian dudes sporting full automatics and decent gear altogether - that wiped Da-Fort, Scholten, Vekek and Smeddy, with Snippers frantically rushing about in the dark with NVGs trying to flank them, and me taking pot shots at all the muzzle flashes (actually sure I got several hits too!).

Miraculously, Da-Fort respawned on his body and managed to save all his kit! I got loaded up with some of the Russian guys kit and was introduced to the world of NVG. Oh my days it's awesome. No more sticking to the train tracks in pitch black for me :D

Rest of the night was spent doing some awesome town sweeps and loots. Unfortunately we lost Da-Fort during a server crash and he lost all his kit and respawned elsewhere after we crossed a good chunk of the map to catch up with Vekek and Smeddy, who I don't think liked our surprise flare ambush method of saying we'd arrived at his location lol

Me and Snippers almost tasted blood again in Drazhino, but annoyingly the gods were against us and the two muppets we were stalking got jumped by an overwhelming horde of brain-craving zombies - there were so many we couldn't even get close to loot their stuff!

There were a few nervous times, like when we had no option to go loud in the middle of Zelengorsk - queue us stacking in a little room with a Snipper's Winchester, Smeddy's .45 Revolver, my AK47 and Vekek's Crossbow all pointed at a single entry point... Nothing got through fight

We ended the night with looting a big farm complex, restocking guns and having us a little soiree in the woods... Camping
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sun 22 Apr - 2:06:32

MORE STORIES. I LOVE FOREPLAY.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 22 Apr - 2:15:54

Haha that night was awesome :D I was like "omg there's a flare and I can't see anything, IS THAT YOU GUYS!? no... Okay... OMG A GREEN LIGHT ITS DEFO SOMEONE HERE.. Oh its you guys" xD

I was kinda pissed when I was shot because SOMEONE through a flare on my head and me and snipp had to freaking run but I got pounded. I then had to scale half the map in pitch black to meet with Snipps, Da-fort and Bjn.

The last hour or so was kinda intense, I couldn't see a thing and with just a pistol raiding cities were hard.

But I have a confession to make xD

When you told him to shoot his Xbow at the guy in the doorway I thought you said "If he misses shoot him" so I waas like, well he hit him but he isn't down so I shot the zombie in the face... then we got swarmed haha :D was fun :)
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sun 22 Apr - 8:43:47

Sorry I had to go yesterday, As being on the verge of being sick wasn't the nicest feeling in the world, but oh my god when we found that AT4 :D be on today hopefully, but I'm still at the airfield :(
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Sun 22 Apr - 8:48:38

Which server have you guys been playing on? The European ones only seem to have 40 players max and are always full
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 22 Apr - 8:55:17

When the server's are full Pig just keep double clicking it. People disconnect often and it wont take you long to get in.. Wink
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Sun 22 Apr - 9:43:18

Cheers for the tip mate. Just had a quick pop and got straight on :) too early on a Sunday for most sensible people I guess.

It was the first time I've been on a server at night. Spawned next to a village full of zombies, none of which I could see, just hear with only my chemlighg to guide me. Nearly shat myself it was so tense. Managed to sneak my through, finding a Lee Enfield bolt action(of all guns) with two mags, and plenty of bandages and steel bolts. Didn't fire a shot yet still felt like a hero cool
This mod is awesome!
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 22 Apr - 11:02:19

Me and Lovvi have just been scouting out some villages for food and stuff, pitch black only my flashlight to guid the 2 of us! we got to a small town/village and got our brains chewed on. I lost my MP5, my hunting knife my light :@ grr am mad!

Mod is amazing!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Sun 22 Apr - 11:42:54

Just saw this...
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 22 Apr - 12:15:13

OnePigeon wrote:Cheers for the tip mate. Just had a quick pop and got straight on :) too early on a Sunday for most sensible people I guess.

It was the first time I've been on a server at night. Spawned next to a village full of zombies, none of which I could see, just hear with only my chemlighg to guide me. Nearly shat myself it was so tense. Managed to sneak my through, finding a Lee Enfield bolt action(of all guns) with two mags, and plenty of bandages and steel bolts. Didn't fire a shot yet still felt like a hero cool
This mod is awesome!

Pigeon find me :D (Smedly in game) I have like 10 Lee enfield rounds, my backpack is full of ammo lol :) im the ammo carrier XD
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sun 22 Apr - 14:43:42

Jay Scott wrote:When the server's are full Pig just keep double clicking it. People disconnect often and it wont take you long to get in.. Wink

Even better, just spam enter. Just button mash enter, I promise you, I joined before a guy even fully disconnected yesterday

"-Person is disconnecting-
*NwA*VoodooActual is Connecting
"-Person has disconnected"

:D
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 22 Apr - 15:28:29

RRAAAAAAGGGEEE FUCKINGGGG QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Sun 22 Apr - 15:34:11

Oh what happened now Scotty...
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 22 Apr - 15:34:52

I got ate by Zombies again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost everything again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Sun 22 Apr - 15:37:01

Go watch some Walking Dead, watch and learn. Watch and learn Razz
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaaTTeLi Sun 22 Apr - 16:15:18

I just bought Combined ops and downloading Day Z & Arma II PR. cyclops
SpaaTTeLi
SpaaTTeLi

Registration date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 22 Apr - 16:35:17

I hate you all.

One of you ********** shot me ! XD I lost everything because someone head shotted me when zombies were over running us haha :D

Im forever alone hunting for new gear :)
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 23 Apr - 1:41:07

Yet Another Zombie Mod - Page 2 21ag0tf
Group shot

Yet Another Zombie Mod - Page 2 W8sxvn
Having Dinner and processing the beef.

Another fantastic day, spent most of it moving around, was awesome we ambushed some guys in the NE airfield in the middle of the night but they killed me but we got them after stalking them.

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Mon 23 Apr - 2:10:11

Highlights of today:

• Gave 2 NVGs and 1 GPS (presents from a mutual friend)
  • Ran to Berezino and regrouped up with Capitan and co. Looted Berezinos hospital, apartment block and 2 supermarkets
  • Looted a random tent near the NE AF and disposed of items we or the "camper" did not need
  • Shot 2 Russians (Good shooting Bjn)
  • Ran around the north part of the map for hours
  • Get shot by some random dude I noticed whizzing past my binocs
  • Shot zombies
  • Rolled on the ground
  • Blood transfusion
  • Regrouping

But the best part was stalking that group of 4 people at the NE airfield. I am pretty sure 2 of them disconnected and the other 2 probably wanted to loot the airfield before disconnecting themselves.

When we came from Berezino the second time we raided that place, first one was during the day, we decided to loop up north to the airfield. Once there we went ontop of the NE hill overlooking the AF. Perfect timing as a group of 4 crossed the strip using flares and chemlights. I went to shadow them which is very easy when the enemy is using flares. They stood still for a couple of minutes to cook some meat. To be honest we could have shot them inside the forest and without NVGs for most of our group that would have been a disaster. I could not really make out if they had NVGs at that point because of the light emitting from the campfire nor did I want to risk getting any closer or break from cover.

It was with a sigh of relief to see them moving back to the airfield.
We had a very good shot on them when they were climbing the ladder on the ATC but after running that far we could not aim properly. Snippers took a grenade off Bjn to grenade them and I ran around to the other side of the hangers to drop a flare. Sadly Snippers got luck-shotted but I managed to fire 4 shots on one of them before dropping 2 flares into the hanger they were in.

After the initial engagement I looped around the back of the hangers to hopefully flank their rear. I never saw them because Chris apparently shot both of them. I wonder if he turned his gamma up because I am pretty sure you do not see anything with a CZ 550 in the dark.

We looted all the corpses and hid them.

It has to be noted that only Snippers and myself had NVGs. Since I was responsible of shadowing our prey Snippers had to lead our "blind" squadmembers. We could not use chems or flares since we had no idea if they had NVGs until they were stacking up next to a ladder. And I know how hard it is to lead people around when they cannot see anything. Not being able to use directional or visual aids it was a job well done and good listening on part of Bjn, Chris and Fug.

I would also like to say this. The first time I engaged the Russians I was soo scared and full of adrenaline because it was the first time I was engaging someone I could not actually see in open terrain. Good thing that Bjn saw them because they definatly saw me. I managed to get 3 hits on the Russian that had an MK 16 with thermals. But my aim was horrible. My hand was spazing trying to compensate for my own actions. Phew, now that is a sign that this is a good game. The time we engaged the group of 2 raiding the airfield I was not as scared but still had adrenaline pumping. It was the thrill of the hunt and I liked it.

More stuff happened in between like guiding Orange and Bjn into and back out of the NW airfield filled with zombies and a single player. The player was the reason we bugged out, you see. Or the time we were reconnoitering the NW airfield and got caught out in the open. Or the part where we were diving for our lost equipment.

EDIT: I approve of this mod but it is not for the faint of heart. You need to put some commitment into it to get the full experience. Running crosscountry is part of the game, not being able to see anything during the night or swapping out with a weapon because yours is out of ammo are only a couple of things that will happen to you. But the accomplishment is worth it.

EDIT2: John. The M4 2-shots zombies. Not sure about the M16 but it should be the same. Zombies have to go through a death animation before they hit the ground and possibly their lunge animation if they were attacking. It is quite possible you mist several shots and put more into the zombie when he was already dead during his animations.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 23 Apr - 8:14:56

Sounds awesome guys, you had a busy night. Im still up at the NE airfield whenever you all feel like making your way back!

I know what you mean about the adrenaline though. I bumped into some dude at NW airfield alone in the dark, we both crapped ourselves and opened up, my m4 came out on top but holy s**t, my heart was pounding! this game is intense!

EDIT: new map from facepunch forums - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14106901/buildings.png

It's still missing all the apartment blocks

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 23 Apr - 9:43:38

Actually rather tired from last night, couldn't get to sleep as my mind was still racing haha.

Itching just to get home and play this again - don't think any game has had quite that grip on me for a long time!

Capitan, there should be a few of us up near NE 'strip again - it was getting late when we all started to come off.

Do need to get a stash of NVGs though - the M14 AIM with the NVGs is pure rape. Love the fact I've now got 9x DMR mags for it as well! :D

Next port of call for me is to completely sort out my gear in my backpack - too many random things in it! That's one of my pet hates - you can't drag and drop things to exactly where you want them, so it looks messy!
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 23 Apr - 10:07:57

I just got munched on again.. EVERY FKING TIME !!

i get some good gear the zombies get me. :@

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 23 Apr - 10:16:14

What are you doing that's causing you to die so much!?

Are you trying to loot without attracting the zombs?

If they start chasing you, run out of the village / area you're in (look for big open fields ideally) BEFORE shooting. When you're running they can't hit you.

When you're in a space far away enough away to attract attention, turn around and run backwards - this way they still can't hit you, but you can get shots off at them whilst still moving. Rinse and repeat until they're all dead :)
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 23 Apr - 10:21:46

Yea work is gonna drag today! I should be on around 6-ish. I'm gonna bail on my housemates and just play this i think. Oh nice, I'm pretty much on the airstrip, hiding in a bush, i went looting this morning whilst waiting for the rain to stop, but nothing good...

Hanging around between berezino and the NE airstrip, around the east coast is probably a decent place to stay around. Lots of stuff to loot in berezino, and less annoying PvP-ers.

If you're on later scotty we'll try and find you tonight. If you stick with us you'll be fine. Listen to Bjn, don't shoot in towns, run far out the town before shooting. Also, as soon as you hear a zombie, crouch, and shift-walk. Use the sound/visibility indicators the whole time

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Mon 23 Apr - 10:25:57

Yeah scotty you have to keep crouched down and walking or lay down and wiggle through a village. I used to run in and try grab gear with guns flaring but now I sneak around and im able to survive, I also run away when they chase me and turn and shoot, it helps alot :D

Last night I didn't really get any decent weapons lol Razz I logged out in a shop after looting it then logged back in and looted it again haha :D I logged out at NE airfield last night, i'll prob get shot Razz

Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 23 Apr - 10:46:25

capitan wrote:Hanging around between berezino and the NE airstrip, around the east coast is probably a decent place to stay around. Lots of stuff to loot in berezino, and less annoying PvP-ers.

Sounds like a decent plan to be honest...

I've run in to quite a few people around the NE 'strip, but not really enough yet to make an informed decision as to if it's dangerous - the chaps we were stalking in pitch black last night weren't particularly good-geared (one had an M14, that was probably the 'best' piece of kit they had); however me and DaFort did run in to some Russians at the village just outside that 'strip, and they were geared to the teeth! One of them disconnected before we got to his body, but the one that was still there had the full standard survival supplies (inc GPS, Bino's and Rangefinders) and had a Mk16 w/ Thermal Scope! Frustratingly he disconnected as we were mid-looting his body, so it all disappeared!

Berezhino is a decent town - there's a lot of loot to be had there (two supermarkets, 3 appartment blocks, quite a few enterable townhouses) and has the joys of a hospital that most players tend to stay away from because it's an awkward thing to get near, and the routes through the town are usually packed with zombs so you have to be very careful. The courtyards in Berezhino are also very small as we found out last night. Several times we had DaFort scouting around then town ahead and Snippers was guiding three of us through with a chemlight + NVGs. There were points where we were telling them not to move as we could see zombs in the tiny amount of light the chemlights give off! Ultimately we did get cornered in one of gardens which resulted in us going loud - queue all five of us sprinting off to the fields in the East, trying to drop flares so we could see the sillhoutte of the zombs as they were running. Once we turned and shot they were dropping like flies - unfortunately the M14 I was using is as loud as a JDAM going off, so half the entire town were running towards us in the end! But we all survived and soldiered on!
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 23 Apr - 12:18:45

God damn I wanna play this game.

Whats the minimum cost of a rig that can run arma 2 and possibly 3 at high settings: 3
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Mon 23 Apr - 12:24:17

Hey guys, I've got a few more noob questions if anyone can help. I can't find any details on the in game VOIP. Is it set the same as the channels for chatting? So that if you have it set to "Direct Communication" then you talk to only the people around you? (this could even be wrong, I just don't get it)

Also, has anyone come across loot randomly floating in the air next buildings? It's annoying when i come across a single house in the wilderness, with only one zombie (which I've killed) then spot the loot next to the unenterable house but I can't pick it up. FRUSTRATING!
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 23 Apr - 12:37:14

OnePigeon wrote:Hey guys, I've got a few more noob questions if anyone can help. I can't find any details on the in game VOIP. Is it set the same as the channels for chatting? So that if you have it set to "Direct Communication" then you talk to only the people around you? (this could even be wrong, I just don't get it)

Exactly that bud - Direct Comms is for those within a certain distance - I'm not sure how far exactly, but at a guess I'd say between a 20 to 50m radius around you. If you're hunting other players though, refrain from using Direct Comms and listen for them using it, makes it much easier to track Wink

Also, has anyone come across loot randomly floating in the air next buildings? It's annoying when i come across a single house in the wilderness, with only one zombie (which I've killed) then spot the loot next to the unenterable house but I can't pick it up. FRUSTRATING!

Yup, it's a bit of a bug. Usually disconnecting back to lobby and reconnecting again will cure it / change the loot spawn.

On the subject of loot - if you see a wooden watch tower (usually dotted around the edge of a large section of trees) I highly suggest you go take a look. 90% of the time there will be a zomb presence there, and the majority of the time it will be more than one. However these towers seem to have some awesome weapon loot. They can be a bit tricky to get in to though - when you climb the ladder to the top you can slip off again, the way around it is to move forward and right at the same time. Alternatively you can also vault (V) which is 50/50 if it will work or not.
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Mon 23 Apr - 12:43:55

Cheers for the help bJN.

I've had troubles with ladders before having tried to climb up a crane at one of the docks yesterday. These things have so many ladders. After much trying I managed to get to the drivers box, which had 0 loot. I then tried to get on the first ladder and go back down, then promptly fell off and glitched through the crane falling all the way to the ground.
Snap - broken leg and what looked like a broken back(!) symbol, also unconscious. I respawned.
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 23 Apr - 12:46:16

To pigeon: There is a push-to-talk key that will let you talk over whatever channel you have selected. But you can also bind a key to only talk over direct, regardless of selected channel. This is what I have on my mousewheel. So i never mistakenly talk on global. (you can bind a key to each channel if you wish)

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Mon 23 Apr - 12:50:38

capitan wrote:To pigeon: There is a push-to-talk key that will let you talk over whatever channel you have selected. But you can also bind a key to only talk over direct, regardless of selected channel. This is what I have on my mousewheel. So i never mistakenly talk on global. (you can bind a key to each channel if you wish)

Ah ideal, I'll have a glance through the options. Thanks for that.

Silly question but I seem to remember in UO you press Ctrlx2 to lower your weapon. It doesn't seem to work in Dayz which is unfortunate as trying to appear non-threatening to other players while pointing your gun at their balls isn't ideal. Anyone know if that was mod-specific? (PS I never actually played vanilla Arma as it looked boring, so apologies if these are really stupid questions) :D
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 23 Apr - 12:54:21

You can lower your primary weapon by double tapping left control, yes. Pistols / sidearms, however, won't lower as far as I remember. Personally, I refuse to lower my weapon unless it's someone I know and trust :D

You just never knew what might be going through their head. I generally do though... my bullet Wink
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 23 Apr - 15:31:48

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Mon 23 Apr - 15:40:15

Cool! Does this mean it's best to now remove the folder in our OA directory then update via Six?

This has been the longest work day ever, I just want to get back and play this game. Can't stop finding things to read about it! ARG grrr
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 23 Apr - 15:44:47

I can't study either grrrr, damn addictive game, I made it back to the NE airfield, killed a guy there with a large coyote rucksack, he was following me through servers :/ but I beat him :D but then he disconnected straight away, so I couldn't loot anything urgh. 'fuedleud' or something like that if you see him.

That six updater link won't update the mod -.- there's no repo attached to it.

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovvi Mon 23 Apr - 15:49:37

OnePigeon wrote:Cool! Does this mean it's best to now remove the folder in our OA directory then update via Six?

This has been the longest work day ever, I just want to get back and play this game. Can't stop finding things to read about it! ARG grrr
Theres an option to check existing files or something, so you don't have to delete.
Lovvi
Lovvi

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 23 Apr - 16:19:45

EPIC!

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 23 Apr - 19:15:57

Wow. That was good. And there are cars?! How rare are those? Im still waiting for Kilroys new video.

Btw who can help with the pricing for an arma 2 pc?
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Tue 24 Apr - 0:04:35

Well today has resulted in some successful hunting with my M14.

Today's hunt resulted in one ~300m headshot on a chap in Berezino who was filling his water bottle behind the hospital, poor chap...

Another kill presented itself at the North East airstrip, although this was only a measly 70m shot, again to the face as the chap was about to move some stuff into his tent that he conveniently left out in the open.

After this, people started to leave so I went back up to our 'overwatch' position to the NE of the NE Airstrip (the wooded hill with some nice little walls) with Snippers to log out. Whilst there I thought I'd just hop between a few servers to see if there were any potential targets...

First server I hop on I couldn't see anything to begin with, so stayed put for a minute, and along came my third victim of the day moving around to the SE of the ATC. It was probably another ~300m shot, but no headshot this time unfortunately... He proceeded to disconnect instantly so no loots.

At this point I hopped server and waited for about 3 minutes and saw nothing, so I swapped back to US1 as a slot had just opened. I saw some movement as soon as I spawned in so got myself set up. There were two guys moving around outside the ATC and went round the back to go in. After a second or two a different bloke popped his head up on the ATC balcony. This one was a confirmed headshot, again ~300m.

The two chaps he was with then proceeded to leg it towards the hangars, probably unaware of where I actually was. I must admit, several shots were fired, and I know I legged one chap that ran for the back of the hangar as I saw a little spurt and he hit the ground instantly, but still crawling. He managed to get behind cover and I assume bandaged and morphined up as he came sprinting back out towards the ATC while his mate made a run for it out of the hangar and W/NW along the 'strip and into the huge field behind it that a cow usually resides in. Then came the mother of all shots. A single M14 round to the back of his face as he was running. Any takers on the distance? Well, the settings on the server was showing names and distances. I couldn't actually believe it...

854m!!!

To say I was gobsmacked was amazing. All the chat was then filled with accusations of "aimbotting", "noob clanning", "low-lifing". I think I spurred him on a little bit when he was saying what kind of a sad person sits and waits with a CZ550/M24. At which point I politely mentioned it was an M14 with Reflex (AIM) sight. Oh how he must be raging lol lol lol lol

Overall was a good day. We done a full raid on the Berezino hospital that involved us all sitting on the roof and me firing my M14. Queue the entire town's resident zombies screaming towards us. I lost count after the first minute of shooting and screaming. Thankfully, none of the zombies attempted to climb up the ladders to the roof, so it was easy pickings for us and we might have to employ this tactic again at some point... I did get to use my grenade though! I think it deserved to taste player blood rather than zombies, but there were so many packed together I couldn't resist cheers cool

f**k I love this game...
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Tue 24 Apr - 0:38:00

Just so everyone knows, 1.4 is being released through the next few hours. It does include the morality update, but you'll be pleased to hear that it won't bare and negative stat effects - it will simply change your character skin.

More info on bug fixes etc here: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=45
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Tue 24 Apr - 0:40:37

Ah nice :D This is why I love alpha's, frequent updates :3

Looks like character loading is fixed

and if you place tents it can spawn items? :o win!
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Tue 24 Apr - 8:55:27

Sounds interesting, we should get a whole band of bandits going. Won't be around til tomorrow night, im still in the trees up at the pedobear dam so hope some of you are near

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 24 Apr - 10:09:08

Here is the changelog with my opinion

Full changelog:

• [FIXED] PVP cooldown still activated on death (should be cleared so can respawn)
  • [FIXED] Backpack exploitable on disconnect (this is a big one! No more duplication using backpacks)
  • [FIXED] People can exploit unsaved states by disconnecting or alt+F4 before save (so people will lose their stuff when they die and alt+F4?)
  • [FIXED] Characters with alot in their backpack/inventory not able to connect (I'm glad this got fixed)
  • [FIXED] Fires can be placed in really screwed places
  • [FIXED] Tents require too long distance from other items (I thought it was a bit too hard to place tents near objects)
  • [FIXED] Multiple people can gut one animal
  • [NEW] All statistics now syncronized on disconnection, as well as regulary
  • [NEW] Players now have lower humanity when they kill survivors (-30) and bandits (-5)
  • [NEW] Players will change model to a Bandit when their humanity drops below 100
  • [NEW] Removed Space Bar binding (crap)
  • [NEW] Removed automatic respawn (more trouble than its worth) - players must go to player selection and back
  • [NEW] PTT is disabled for "All, Side, Command" and enabled for "Direct, Group, Vehicle" (now atleast my ears won't burst whenever someone uses Side)
  • [NEW] Offline Hunger/Thirst removed. You will still consume food/water, but running out will not screw you (awesome, I was getting woried that I had to keep playing as to not lose progress)
  • [NEW] ~200 static objects added to Chernogorsk
  • [NEW] ~100 static objects added to Stary Sobor
  • [NEW] Tented camps now may spawn loot

Last edited by Da-Fort on Tue 24 Apr - 10:31:53; edited 6 times in total
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Tue 24 Apr - 10:11:24

I haven't found a tent yet but I can't really work out what their use is. I mean, it's not like you'd want to sleep.
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Tue 24 Apr - 10:14:44

OnePigeon wrote:I haven't found a tent yet but I can't really work out what their use is. I mean, it's not like you'd want to sleep.

They are storage containers, that remain on the server and are saved. However at present their contents aren't saved. There is also danger that other players will come and loot them. Yesterday we visited pedobear dam, a funky place would be to place them inside the dam, as their 4 spots inside the dam, if you walk up from underneath the safe side. However marked locations on maps have high probability of being searched -.-

Either way changelog is looking good. I just think the group system is the next major feature. It would be awesome if they had a shacktac hud, but they only should do that if you had a GPS or something to prevent abuse in the dark.

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 24 Apr - 10:26:30

Maybe we should go bandit hunting?

EDIT: Any way of gaining morality? I wouldn't mind if the way to get it is very slow going. It is said that it can take 20 years to gain respect but 5 minutes to lose it.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Tue 24 Apr - 10:54:48

At the moment I think they're just testing this morality model a bit more. As I was coming off last night they were starting to pull the servers down and update them to 1.4. Apparently they did then revert them back to 1.3.3 for a while as well though. I haven't seen it myself, but I think you have something like 2500 morality? So you have to kill an awful lot of people in order to to the "bandit" stage...

With regards to regaining morality, referred to as humanity across several discussion boards, you can help other people by bandaging, giving blood etc etc - so you either kill or help, and that's about it really. Personally, I don't see the point - it would be nice to have more customisable skins rather than being forced upon you in my opinion.

As Snippers said, I feel there needs to be a "group" update, so you can all run around together and track where you all are. There is growing support for wanting to be able to customize the weapons a bit more, rather than finding crap weapons, or well kitted-out guns.
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next