*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad

+4
Eldau
kerrermanisNL
Voodoo
Bagger
8 posters

Go down

Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad Empty Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad

Post by Bagger Tue 25 Oct - 20:48:36

We had an awesome round on Bruning Sands as British running a tank squad.

Tank Squad Leader and Gunner Tank 1: VoodooActual (Clan Recruit)
Driver tank 1: Bagger.PR
50 cal gunner tank 1: Sonny (Clan Recruit)

Tank 2 Driver: Aalto
Gunner: Patchy
50 cal gunner: Cant remember name

Tank borrowers: Vandal and Orford very nice round good fun good teamwork, all around what PR haz to be.
I really had fun that round.

Very nice leading Voodoo.

Mumble communication for the win we did very good only lost 2 tanks that rount destroyed 6 NME tanks, 2 MTLB's, 1 COW and 1 BMP.

Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad I2Un23Ji76mgL
Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad IbxoK4gnzQCzRC

Last edited by Bagger on Tue 25 Oct - 20:59:40; edited 1 time in total
Bagger
Bagger

Registration date : 2011-09-02

Back to top Go down

Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad Empty Re: Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad

Post by Voodoo Tue 25 Oct - 20:55:40

Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad 129002371399

One of the greatest rounds teamwork wise, Very happy with my squad.. couldn't fault them for obedience and ability. That game is what defines PR for me!
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 25 Oct - 22:10:55

I'm pretty sure my squad (on MEC) took out your tanks.. Either that or those were apc's
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagger Tue 25 Oct - 22:20:46

we only lost 2 tanks, by a HAT 2 times, our tanks were untouchable by ur tanks, none of your armour destroyed one of our tanks
Bagger
Bagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Tue 25 Oct - 22:23:18

Yup.. Me, Bag and Sonny cornered a T-90 into a warehouse, Who was that!?

And nope, Not one piece of MEC Armour hit us.. Only two HAT's that we were under too heavy threat to spot and engage without bigger threats (namely your T-90's and BMP-3's) taking advantage
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Tue 25 Oct - 22:37:57

Wow thats some amazing skill you got taking out T-90s against a factions that doesn't deploy them

And i am not happy about it the work done by the MEC there.

Good job though UK
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Tue 25 Oct - 22:43:55

Do I detect sarcasm? They're either T-90's or T-72's, and T-72's would be pretty poor considering the Challenger 2 is a relatively new tank VS a 1970's T-72.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Tue 25 Oct - 23:13:35

Mec deploys the T80U if i am not wrong, i can tell you with over 90% security that they are not T-90s as they are another kind of technic gear.
The T-90 is the mix of the improved gear from the expensive T80 and the easily produced, but low tech T-72, but i guess you know that.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 25 Oct - 23:17:00

Voodoo wrote:Yup.. Me, Bag and Sonny cornered a T-90 into a warehouse, Who was that!?

And nope, Not one piece of MEC Armour hit us.. Only two HAT's that we were under too heavy threat to spot and engage without bigger threats (namely your T-90's and BMP-3's) taking advantage

Bagger wrote:we only lost 2 tanks, by a HAT 2 times, our tanks were
untouchable by ur tanks, none of your armour destroyed one of our
tanks

Yep that was my squad then (just to make clear that I wasnt in a tank
squad.. our tanks were being blown up like 500m. out of main Razz)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Tue 25 Oct - 23:18:03

Totally forgot about the T-80. Yeah, it's most probably that then.. On face value, they actually look reasonably similar.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Tue 25 Oct - 23:22:58

They do look reasonable alike, but i am some kind of vehicle nazi when it comes to finding the right ones.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Tue 25 Oct - 23:24:21

Yeah good game lads.. and I do remember the first time I heard a HAT rocket coming our way and I was like "oh shi" but was too late by then lol

Sonny

Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Tue 25 Oct - 23:26:34

Agreed Sonny - You did some great spots on those targets, and when Hat's are flying around.. damn they're too quick to even watch hit you Razz
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Tue 25 Oct - 23:28:43

Greeny wrote:They do look reasonable alike, but i am some kind of vehicle nazi when it comes to finding the right ones.

And yeah.. I'm the same, I just specialize about WW2 and Vietnam rather than Modern War, but I still know a decent wedge about UK and a bit about US vehicles Razz
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Tue 25 Oct - 23:42:31

I have a scary knowledge to spot enemy HATs inbound,and with a 50% survival chance for me when hit it's great.

I do specialize more in WW2 than anything else, not so much recently on the knowledge, but Vietnam was never worth alot for me. Modern war is rather interesting though. Facts like the front of the Abrams is a near linear to create heavy armour front and that the Merkava is the safest tank for it's crew in the world.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 25 Oct - 23:48:09

Haha this is pretty cool,i was on opposite sides tonight. So when you guys bummed out on being hit by hat, I got happy

Same with barracuda as the next map, reading that we first kicked arse, and then were overrun. So fun to read the other side of the story.. Btw on barracuda my squad was defending (north) rocks. I wonder who the squad was who was attacking us all the time. Had some fun firefights there.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 26 Oct - 0:01:15

Greeny wrote:I have a scary knowledge to spot enemy HATs inbound,and with a 50% survival chance for me when hit it's great.

I do specialize more in WW2 than anything else, not so much recently on the knowledge, but Vietnam was never worth alot for me. Modern war is rather interesting though. Facts like the front of the Abrams is a near linear to create heavy armour front and that the Merkava is the safest tank for it's crew in the world.

I was reading about the Merkava, very interesting design. Did you ever hear of the Old German Tanks that never got into production? Such as the E-100 (and the E-Series in general), The Pzkfw VIII Maus, the Pzkfw VII Lowë? Seriously, if those tanks had been designed two years earlier and had chance to perfect them.. Allied Armour would've seriously been decimated. Those things have bigger guns than our current MBT's (the Maus and Lowë have 128mm guns, If I'm correct) and are just crazy for something so powerful to have been designed 70 years ago - Imagine those upgraded with today's technology?

And Yes Kerrer, I LOVE reading other sides to the fight, unfortunately like now.. They're all usually about my demise, and not how the other team was slaughtered by my sqaud Wink
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by [3dAC] Patchy [NL] Wed 26 Oct - 0:06:20

Being engaged by two MEC tanks and killing them both (1shot and a 2 shot kill) while only being hit once made me feel good :)

Sure whas one hell of a good round we had there...

also killing that sneaky tow MTLB camping downed tanks on RTB whas good :)

[3dAC] Patchy [NL]

Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 26 Oct - 0:09:56

Paha, I was AFK when you got the first engagements, but.. You performed excellently following that when I was watching. Really, REALLY nice (You don't know how much I appreciate willing and obedient squad members, Me and Bagger had like an hour's convo on this) to have you and DAalto following orders.. and they worked clearly Razz

Can I call myself a Tank Commander yet, or do I need a few more rounds tanking? ;D
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by [3dAC] Patchy [NL] Wed 26 Oct - 0:14:58

Voodoo wrote:Paha, I was AFK when you got the first engagements, but.. You performed excellently following that when I was watching. Really, REALLY nice (You don't know how much I appreciate willing and obedient squad members, Me and Bagger had like an hour's convo on this) to have you and DAalto following orders.. and they worked clearly Razz

Can I call myself a Tank Commander yet, or do I need a few more rounds tanking? ;D

Lets do a few more and maby ill call you that someday :lol!:

[3dAC] Patchy [NL]

Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 26 Oct - 0:33:50

I've just found a new tactic we can use...

Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad 474-drive-me-closer-i-want-to-hit-them-with-my-sword
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 26 Oct - 0:38:44

Nice round, although Id give more props to the inf squads only 2 of them but they was given freedom to move by 3 very good tank crews.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 26 Oct - 0:52:10

The Infantry that we had was good, Just I feel they could've done a bit more (I know I wasn't there as an Infantryman, but still) considering 80% of the attacking armour was lying dead around the map, but our trans situation was pretty pitiful considering we had 2 pilots with no mumble, so it can't be helped.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Wed 26 Oct - 8:36:46

Well the Maus being the heaviest tank with a top speed of around 20km/h. All the german tanks, but the Lowe had some pretty weak top armour which made them somewhat weak against aircraft.
Not to mention the various breakdowns and instabilities.
Two years earlier into the war, would have changed it, but most of the heaviest german tanks weren't suited for half the soviet weather.
It would have made the most difference on the western front.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Wed 26 Oct - 11:47:56

not bad voodoo, as for being called "Tank Commander" i think it a touch to early. Maybe over this weekend u would get a chance to come up against me in a tank....than we could start talking about fun times or not lol Wink
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagger Wed 26 Oct - 12:00:25

Smurf_cfc wrote:not bad voodoo, as for being called "Tank Commander" i think it a touch to early. Maybe over this weekend u would get a chance to come up against me in a tank....than we could start talking about fun times or not lol Wink

By tank commander i mean he was leading the squad telling who where to go and what to do, he made every decision possible, that kept us for most instances alive.

Every one was following his orders leading us in to a fun and great game we all enjoyed
Bagger
Bagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 26 Oct - 12:38:05

Bagger wrote:
Smurf_cfc wrote:not bad voodoo, as for being called "Tank Commander" i think it a touch to early. Maybe over this weekend u would get a chance to come up against me in a tank....than we could start talking about fun times or not lol Wink

By tank commander i mean he was leading the squad telling who where to go and what to do, he made every decision possible, that kept us for most instances alive.

Every one was following his orders leading us in to a fun and great game we all enjoyed

^^this, it was a good game but I think smurf would ripp you a new one. peace :D

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 26 Oct - 15:54:15

I call a duel. Me and Bagger VS Smurf and anyone he wants.. so long as we get our challenger Wink
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Wed 26 Oct - 16:18:39

Voodoo wrote:I call a duel. Me and Bagger VS Smurf and anyone he wants.. so long as we get our challenger Wink

lol 1 day voodoo 1 day. Duel with tank v tank isnt really much a duel and would take forever to find each other..but leading a 6 man crew v another 6 man crew is much more challenging...but if i had to have a gunner it would prob be MasterG or Speed....no chance voodoo & bagger lol Razz

off topic...lol sorry had to post this. Had to work on THURSDAY(tommorow) at 14.00, woke up, shave etc suit on got on a train read the FOOKING PAPER(which had the date) got to work to be told its WEDNESDAY...scratch had couple of pints after that lol... "idiot"
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagger Wed 26 Oct - 22:07:04

A duel, u guys for real, all i wanted to say is that we had fun I did not say we were the best and this was just an example how a game should go.

And by that duel i must say i dont care honestly who is better, i had fun
Voodoo did a good job coordinating the squad wich shows that hes got some skills in leading.

I think trying to point who is better in a tank crew is kinda imature in my opinion, IT JUST A GAME!
Bagger
Bagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 26 Oct - 22:48:06

I need some more fun again! I had to ragequit from Basrah as Insurgency, I was just painfully bored, which is quite unusual :/
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Thu 27 Oct - 0:58:00

Bagger wrote:A duel, u guys for real, all i wanted to say is that we had fun I did not say we were the best and this was just an example how a game should go.

And by that duel i must say i dont care honestly who is better, i had fun
Voodoo did a good job coordinating the squad wich shows that hes got some skills in leading.

I think trying to point who is better in a tank crew is kinda imature in my opinion, IT JUST A GAME!

lol bagger the only person taking this seriously is u...it looks that way :D. Nobody said he is better than the other guy, u've taken things out of context, plus...being competitive in game or in life is natural(not everybody), doesnt have to be serious but friendly competition is healthy now and again. People saying that voodoo got skills in leading "Tanks" which is fine, but id like to think iam Rommel lol and would be nice to come up against somebody who knows what he is doing...i get a bigger buzz if i shoot down an apache/havoc with a tank/hat/lat/pistol etc cause its hard and its unique, same thing goes for good opponents.

Btw Tanks are not snipers "best sniper is the one who doesnt fire a single shot" in tanks world u wouldnt last long its the totall opposite.Wink
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Thu 27 Oct - 2:21:37

Rommel? Prepare to meet Montgomery! :D Agreed though, a bit of competition is good, just not so much as screaming and smashing crap because you took one more AP round that you did last time.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagger Thu 27 Oct - 16:18:36

i just had fun, and then ppl come OH BUT I WOULDVE KILLED U...
competition, no thank you
Bagger
Bagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 27 Oct - 17:05:35

but we was only having fun too, diffrence?

It was an awesome game every one did well. Im just saying Im better thats all. ;-)

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagger Thu 27 Oct - 18:47:50

I agree
Bagger
Bagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Thu 27 Oct - 22:55:52

Bagger wrote:we only lost 2 tanks, by a HAT 2 times, our tanks were untouchable by ur tanks, none of your armour destroyed one of our tanks

that ^^

and

this ^^ lol sounds like ur contradicting ur self.

p.s iam f**king rommel the best tank commander in my house 1 shot kill f**k u all Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad 666915
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagger Thu 27 Oct - 22:59:22

Smurf_cfc wrote:
Bagger wrote:we only lost 2 tanks, by a HAT 2 times, our tanks were untouchable by ur tanks, none of your armour destroyed one of our tanks

that ^^

and

this ^^ lol sounds like ur contradicting ur self.

p.s iam f**king rommel the best tank commander in my house 1 shot kill f**k u all Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad 666915

Im sure u are, all i said is that we had a very good round and we had fun... never said we were the best...

TALES FROM THE FRONT
thats what i did tell u a tale Burning Sand Awesome Tank Squad 912275
Bagger
Bagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Thu 27 Oct - 23:00:01

I think you'll find, Montgomery Beat Rommel Smurf! Research the Battle of El Alamein, you'll see Wink
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Thu 27 Oct - 23:14:43

Voodoo wrote:I think you'll find, Montgomery Beat Rommel Smurf! Research the Battle of El Alamein, you'll see Wink

lol i know voodoo....i love history, WW2 era is my fav...i really cant be arsed to go into detail regarding monty and rommel as ive just got back from work and iam pisssssed....drunk pissed not angry pisssed lol.Wink
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Fri 28 Oct - 2:06:23

Paha.. Just let me win then, I too love history and WW2 in general ;D
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Fri 28 Oct - 10:39:49

Just remember the amount of factors in all the battles, nothing is as black white if they fight equally. A wellsupplied force against a strong, but resource weakened does prove fatal in the end.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Fri 28 Oct - 21:13:20

Greeny wrote:Just remember the amount of factors in all the battles, nothing is as black white if they fight equally. A wellsupplied force against a strong, but resource weakened does prove fatal in the end.

as i would say " short but sweet " ^^

very well put.....i assume ur talking about monty (a well supplied) vs rommel (strong tactically, under supllied) battle..?

saying that Napolen comes to mind when he fought the russian's...regarding the supplies..
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Fri 28 Oct - 22:51:09

Yes. Monty was a well supplied, but weaker force against Rommel who in the end didn't have enough fuel to lead his forces around.

And the Napoleon deathmarch was really a clever move by the russians. Dragging the french army behind them as their supplies ran low. Just in enough range so the french would still hunt them. And in the end enough deserted to make the russians stronger. You are completely right there, didn't even think of Napoleons attempt at Russia
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down