*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning Sands - 2001-08-05

+2
speedhound1-WYD-
Agemman
6 posters

Go down

Burning Sands - 2001-08-05 Empty Burning Sands - 2001-08-05

Post by Agemman Fri 5 Aug - 21:41:02

This was one of the most epic rounds in a long time for me. Started off with a random squad with people. Got a helicopter down to the Brits second flag, Water Treatment Plant, we set up a FOB and I checked for Mumble and kicked a few. Then we got going. We walked all the way to Arar Village, literally charged over 300 meters of open ground, I shot 4 guys in the face and we capped it. Water Treatment Plant went neutral again so we took a helicopter there like a baws. Killed two or three guys and capped it back. After that we took a heli down to the Airport and held out there for a while, neutralizing it as well. Then we got whiped and the enemy capped Arar again.

We got back in the city. Walked back to Arar and charged over the fields yet again. We killed more guys and capped it once more. By this time I heard a challenge from the armour squads. They refused to go near the airport due to a TOW. I thought they were weaklings so I had my squad charge the airport over open ground with the objective of knifing that TOW. This time we charged over 900 meters open ground with tanks in the area. We got down just past the road when a tank popped into view. Like a baws I started at it with my death-glare. It shot us all in the face instead. Everyone except for Skobixus. He dropped his kit, proned and played dead. The tank was literally 1 meter away from him for 3 minutes. Then it went away and he revived us all. We couldn't believe it and charged some more.

This time we made it to the fence and tried to go around. One slight problem was that a tank was inside there. Then it started to go around again. We ran like a... a... We ran fast. Found a hole in the ground and hid. The tank passed by close yet again but it didn't see it. Then we found some FOB with AA and s**t. We proceeded to kill them as easy as a Homer eats a doughnut. Then we got into some buildings and capped that s**t. By this time the tanks returned, along with helicopters. They started pounding our buildings but we got revived and actually got a rally point up to stop their cap.

After some extra pounding by something like two tanks and a BMP they decided to throw some infantry at us. I killed one guy, Opan killed like 4 of them and our blue guy got killed and teamswitched. Eventually they rushed over us... But Skob was alive in another building. He snuck past the tanks into ours. Sprayed rounds from his AR everywhere killing 4 of them. He was looking for the medic when he got killed.

After this we derped around the city killing random infantry since we knew we'd lose. It was something like 50 tickets left. My only question is why our entire team was stuck inside the city at a flag that wasn't in play. It seriously was us Wankers that capped Water Treatment twice, Arar twice and neutralized Airport twice. If more people would've joined our attacks we would've won really hard.

The game should've started around 20:56 CET (18:56 PRT). If it is possible I would love to have the BR-files of this.

Agemman

Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down

Burning Sands - 2001-08-05 Empty Re: Burning Sands - 2001-08-05

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Sat 6 Aug - 3:34:07

I was in the armour squad and you're correct, Danger and some others did show cowardice in the face of that TOW and it eventually ate them so me and Kop flanked them and killed it as well as the tank at domestic airport (you must have missed that kill), but it wan't really their fault, you see the whole round we (the armour squad) had constant, and i mean constant death from above, we all lost several tanks and our team had no answer (even when surrounded by AA emplacements SPAAG's and manpads) (oh yes and don't forget our superb CAS squadBurning Sands - 2001-08-05 867979 )........but yeah fast paced game (for those actually playing !!!)(it seemed like most wern't)

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Agemman Sat 6 Aug - 10:01:31

Yeah. The enemies CAS and our CAS won the game for MEC. We lost helicopters and they shot s**t down. Our armor was awesome though when you supported our advance into Arar.

Agemman

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sat 6 Aug - 12:03:27

I'm glad I didn't gun for those two arse bandits before (Not Shaydee, the other two) who got owned within 3 minutes. I don't fly, because I know there's a posibility of me f*****g up, not due to my skill (95% of the time, anyway) but 'cos my computers awful and it jutters when it comes to big cities/action spots, so I don't risk it. People who can't do stuff try and do stuff they can't do, and that's why we don't get nice things Razz

(After searching for 'This is why we can't have nice things', something even more relevant came up..)

Burning Sands - 2001-08-05 59c47_political-pictures-fighter-jet-oh-crap

But yeah, You and Kop did a superb job.. My driver not so much (Oh yeah, he was joking, we can take the challenger really..) -.-
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger_6 Sat 6 Aug - 12:43:16

To be honest 2 of my tanks shot 4 rounds at the tow and the railing stopped every one of those shots. We couldn't flank it as we had armour called in to our west. ;(

And it was a damned annoying round for us tankers as the gazelle had a field day as there was little to no AA support from the team.

Was a good round though, I think the infantry squads had a real blast! (If you'll pardon the pun.)
Danger_6
Danger_6

Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Agemman Sat 6 Aug - 12:44:35

Birdie was flying the Gazelle as well, and he's a good pilot. I had a blast though :)

Agemman

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger_6 Sat 6 Aug - 12:45:34

Note to others: This is why I love going as infantry squad leader - It's the only thing I am decent at Razz
Danger_6
Danger_6

Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Sat 6 Aug - 13:40:30

I was driving tank 2 in the tank sq and my gunner was having issues with his view distance. I saw at least 2 tanks, 1 bmp and the tow at different occasions but my gunner couldn't see as far as me... We could have easily taken those out if he saw as far as me. So Speedhound - that's why we acted cowardly about the tow.
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Agemman Sat 6 Aug - 14:39:32

fillsson wrote:I was driving tank 2 in the tank sq and my gunner was having issues with his view distance. I saw at least 2 tanks, 1 bmp and the tow at different occasions but my gunner couldn't see as far as me... We could have easily taken those out if he saw as far as me. So Speedhound - that's why we acted cowardly about the tow.

Sorry for the TK btw Razz I saw something in the corner of my eye and started shooting... Too bad that a nade hit you just as I revived you as well Razz

Agemman

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Sat 6 Aug - 15:10:06

Ah Blind Cowardice:lol!:

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BXV-[Tr] Sat 6 Aug - 15:42:19

I was flyin with Birdie and there was some other 2 guys who were using TS to talk with each other , so we had no comms between us . And yes after we got shot down over at the city , we jumped in to a tow vehicle and sprayed some rounds on ya guys :D

fillsson wrote:I was driving tank 2 in the tank sq and my gunner was
having issues with his view distance. I saw at least 2 tanks, 1 bmp and
the tow at different occasions but my gunner couldn't see as far as
me... We could have easily taken those out if he saw as far as me. So
Speedhound - that's why we acted cowardly about the tow.

I don't know if this is a bug what it happened to me and Zer0 as well . We were in a bmp in another map , and i was seeing a tank (it was pretty far away) but he couldn't then we swapped the seats but the tank was gone in my eyes , i just couldn't spot it . So i think the distance for driver and gunner is different a bit .
BXV-[Tr]
BXV-[Tr]
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down