*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with my laptop :(

+2
ExeTick
Enzo89
6 posters

Go down

Problems with my laptop :( Empty Problems with my laptop :(

Post by Enzo89 Tue 13 Dec - 13:45:40

i haven't been able to play pr for the past couple of days ad my laptop as all of a sudden been acting up, it started ever since i downloaded either the xmas pack or ts3 :(

The other morning i booted up my laptop which it took forever to get to desktop and then it was just mega slow from there, i instantly thought it was a virus so then i tried to do a virus scan with avg but wouldn't let me, so i very slowly downloaded advanced system care, ran some scans then got a little bit faster, i tried uninstalling ts3, i restarted my laptop about 10 times lol (thought it would somehow sort it out) whilst rebooting, it did a disk checker and said there was an error in c/ drive, so i tried various scans that deals with them sort or errors but still no help, then i tried to run pr which wouldn't run, then i tried bf2 which booted but when i clicked on a server it stopped at 62% and then crashed. after that i tried to run some other games like minecraft, cod mw2, battlefield play4free they all worked it was just battlefield 2.

I think the only option here is to just restore my comp back to factory settings, but i don't have a windows disk.

Do any of you guys know how to do this and would like to help me out, i need my pr fix :(

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Problems with my laptop :( Empty Re: Problems with my laptop :(

Post by ExeTick Tue 13 Dec - 13:54:49

it really sound like you have virus one your computer.

the only way to get rid of all viruses you have on your computer is to reinstall windows.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Tue 13 Dec - 14:06:15

lol i havent got the windows disk, i eventually did the avg scan but didnt pick up any threats, i just need to restore it somehow, if i restored it to factory settings and then still had the problem then id just have to buy a new copy of windows

you know how to restore to factory settings? i have an acer aspire if that helps

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaggletoot87 Tue 13 Dec - 14:21:12

Restoring, getting to backup point ect wont help much.... just get Windows, format disc and install all drivers ect ( im using driver genius for that cuz some drivers are v hard to find or even unavaible though searching net whats weird)
I also recommend : Ccleaner - great free program for cleaning registry/cookies and all kind of needless crap. Spybot search&destroy - also free, great for all kind of spyware wich sloes down ur pc and internet connection. AVG tuneup 2011 not free but you know... Torrents :) - great for optimising PC performance , internet connection, all kind of hidden windows options. To that pack add your favourite Anti-virus\firewall and by doing few scans of each once a week and a quick defragmentation once a month or so your PC will run at full speed all the time with no problems. I didnt have to format my disc for like 2 years or more now and even though i got a preety old pc now it still runs great with no problems.

Snaggletoot87

Registration date : 2011-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 13 Dec - 14:24:21

Do a system restore, go back a few weeks i would try this before doing anything major.

Snipper and Orford are the gents you really would like to hear from.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Tue 13 Dec - 14:30:34

maybe its a virus....but ive a got a lappy too and what i do everytime i boot it is go to Task Manager - process- delete/stop all the process that really are not need and it makes a lot of difference.
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Tue 13 Dec - 16:05:09

ok so now ive tried avg, ccleaner, advanced windows care about 5 different tools on them problems to tackle this issue and its still not working.

can someone give me a step by step guide to restore my laptop to an eariler time or even back to factory settings please

my laptop is an acer aspire and runs windows 7

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Tue 13 Dec - 17:03:44

virus program or malware or spyware programs never deletes every virus/malware/spyware. only way to delete every virus with virus program is to start your windows threw USB memory so your not using your Windows hardrive. (teached me that in school).

but you can never ever delete every virus with virus scan. thats impossible.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Tue 13 Dec - 17:09:12

I have 2 hardriver in my computer atm.

1st hardrive is my windows nothing else.

2nd hardrive is all my games and programs.

the only hardrive I have to reinstall is my windows hardrive.
I dont have to worrie about virus in my games/program hardrive because 95% of all viruses/malware/spyware is going to your windows.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Tue 13 Dec - 18:25:09

Do a check disk, let windows sort it self out, google how to safe mode and or make it check on startup
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 13 Dec - 20:15:42

System restore to a date when everything was working ok.. i dont no were you go to do this but i no it might work!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Thu 15 Dec - 0:44:51

lol ive tried the disckcheker and just says it can't solve it due to errors in thge hardisk and it wont let me restore it as there is no restore points plus i keep getting messages popping up saying Hard disk failyer immanent and that it is going to fail soon, so basically my laptop is fucked lol, also i can't run it in safe mode i can't do a lot of things to try to fix it.

I'm going to take it to have a guy to have a look at it and see what happens from there thanks for your help anyways guys :)

was wondering if i could put my trial on hold until i get it fixed?

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Thu 15 Dec - 0:50:10

well that sounds like your hardrive is bad.

but I would still recommend to reinstall it first then see what happends.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 15 Dec - 4:21:24

My hard drive did that and disk checker/scan disk whatever it's called when it does it before windows loads checked it, found errors and fixed it
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Thu 15 Dec - 18:37:50

yeah i know what you mean mate but it scans it tells me theres errors but doesn't fix it just tells me to do a system restore and that my hard drive is about to fail.

when i launch my laptop i press f2 and it takes me to a setup but its protected by a bios password and i have no idea what it is so i have to take a battery out of the back for 5 mins then it forgets the password and then i can restore it back to factory settings then it will be sorted, gonna try it now see what happens

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down