*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim]

+14
Nixy23
Smurf_cfc
ExeTick
Player_1
Snippers
deadly22sniper
Voodoo
kerrermanisNL
fillsson
TheShaydeeOne
Chris_Kampfgurke
capitan
Jay Scott
Da-Fort
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim]

Post by TheShaydeeOne Sun 28 Oct - 17:07:45

Got my 300i so far, probably will do the same as Snippers and upgrade later for the hornet.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Empty Star Citizen - Carriers [Space Sim]

Post by Da-Fort Sun 28 Oct - 21:14:14

Sorry to dash your dreams but CR said in an AMA that carriers will not be used in persistent multiplayer. He ended with a "not yet anyways". In vanilla MP Freelancer there were no capital ships you could fly but modders made it possible. A little bit shoddy with the collision boxes as they could not be changed, but possible. Maybe if people beg/nag/threaten enough and propose decent advantages and disadvantages then we might see official player-owned carriers. If not CR, then hopefully modders.

Here is the excerpt:
I am Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, Freelancer and the upcoming Star Citizen. AMA. by CommanderRobertsin IAmA
[–]CommanderRoberts[S] 4 points 5 minutes ago

I think everyone is getting over excited about the possibility of owning a carrier!
For the persistent universe we're not going to let players have one of those (yet anyway). Probably the max size on player controlled capital ships will be a destroyer. And a few fighters / bombers working together could take it out.

It is sad that CR does not want carriers in multiplayer. Personally, I always wanted a clan carrier that could be used for docking/repairing purposes. They also make for great rally points, immersion and big targets. Here are some of my ideas.

Green = Advantages
Red = Disadvantages

• Carriers may dock with stations that have docking tethers so the pilot can log out. That way the carrier does not need to be protected 24/7 even in non-PVP systems.
  • Players are able to dock with the carrier for repairs and a brief respite of flying. When the player logs back in he can undock from the carrier or the base the carrier is docked with.
  • Carriers would have to be able to stand up to some heavy missile fire before going down but not against a dedicated assault. Those being capital ships or several squadron of bombers. Bombers in that case could only carry small amounts of the hard hitting, slow torpedoes.
  • Because it is a capital ship it also has several forward facing torpedo tubes (2?) so it has some teeth against single capital ships. Like the bomber it would have to be so slow that it can be intercepted. (off-topic: A common pool for torpedoes on the carrier and bombers for some extra synergy would be cool)
  • A pilot may dock with the carrier to take command of a battery of guns. In the absence of a player the AI may take over with consent of the pilot.

• Carriers would have to dock with stations to buy ship repair items to have some sort of cost. Battlefield repairs would then use these vague repair items. Running out of those means no repairs for the fighters and no ship repairs for the carrier. Repairing would have to take some time, around 5 minutes for a heavily damaged fighter sounds good.
  • There would always be a need of a CAP around the carrier and a patrol of fighters going around for scouting information. This promotes teamwork and adds to the list of disadvantages.
  • NPC boarding ships, ordered by player-owned capital ships, would be nice to disable key systems of the ship but not to take it completely over. Makes things interesting. Talking about disabling systems, destroying the engine could cripple the speed but not disable it completely.
  • Because it is an extremely useful support ship it would have to be prohibitively expensive so that no one man that has a life could get one (read: excluding botting ofcourse).
  • The player-owned carrier could be a lot smaller than the one shown in the campaign. Only taking up 20-30 fighters maximum sounds like a good start.

So you see there are some really cool advantages and disadvantages to owning a carrier if properly implemented. Losing one is a devastating loss to the account of a clan but it does have its perks. I for one hope to see one of these mastodons majestically flying and secretly commanding one. (read: OK, I am nerding out!)

If he does concede to people requesting carriers then he had better not turn it into a stretch goal! 4 million for player-owned light carriers, that would be the day.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim]

Post by kerrermanisNL Mon 29 Oct - 22:05:35

About to hit the first stretch goal on Kickstarter :) Backers will get a repair robot from the start

-edit
Yay, reached Razz
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Tue 30 Oct - 1:18:47

Da-Fort wrote:Sorry to dash your dreams but CR said in an AMA that carriers will not be used in persistent multiplayer. He ended with a "not yet anyways". In vanilla MP Freelancer there were no capital ships you could fly but modders made it possible. A little bit shoddy with the collision boxes as they could not be changed, but possible. Maybe if people beg/nag/threaten enough and propose decent advantages and disadvantages then we might see official player-owned carriers. If not CR, then hopefully modders.

Here is the excerpt:
I am Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, Freelancer and the upcoming Star Citizen. AMA. by CommanderRobertsin IAmA
[–]CommanderRoberts[S] 4 points 5 minutes ago

I think everyone is getting over excited about the possibility of owning a carrier!
For the persistent universe we're not going to let players have one of those (yet anyway). Probably the max size on player controlled capital ships will be a destroyer. And a few fighters / bombers working together could take it out.

It is sad that CR does not want carriers in multiplayer. Personally, I always wanted a clan carrier that could be used for docking/repairing purposes. They also make for great rally points, immersion and big targets. Here are some of my ideas.

Green = Advantages
Red = Disadvantages

• Carriers may dock with stations that have docking tethers so the pilot can log out. That way the carrier does not need to be protected 24/7 even in non-PVP systems.
  • Players are able to dock with the carrier for repairs and a brief respite of flying. When the player logs back in he can undock from the carrier or the base the carrier is docked with.
  • Carriers would have to be able to stand up to some heavy missile fire before going down but not against a dedicated assault. Those being capital ships or several squadron of bombers. Bombers in that case could only carry small amounts of the hard hitting, slow torpedoes.
  • Because it is a capital ship it also has several forward facing torpedo tubes (2?) so it has some teeth against single capital ships. Like the bomber it would have to be so slow that it can be intercepted. (off-topic: A common pool for torpedoes on the carrier and bombers for some extra synergy would be cool)
  • A pilot may dock with the carrier to take command of a battery of guns. In the absence of a player the AI may take over with consent of the pilot.

• Carriers would have to dock with stations to buy ship repair items to have some sort of cost. Battlefield repairs would then use these vague repair items. Running out of those means no repairs for the fighters and no ship repairs for the carrier. Repairing would have to take some time, around 5 minutes for a heavily damaged fighter sounds good.
  • There would always be a need of a CAP around the carrier and a patrol of fighters going around for scouting information. This promotes teamwork and adds to the list of disadvantages.
  • NPC boarding ships, ordered by player-owned capital ships, would be nice to disable key systems of the ship but not to take it completely over. Makes things interesting. Talking about disabling systems, destroying the engine could cripple the speed but not disable it completely.
  • Because it is an extremely useful support ship it would have to be prohibitively expensive so that no one man that has a life could get one (read: excluding botting ofcourse).
  • The player-owned carrier could be a lot smaller than the one shown in the campaign. Only taking up 20-30 fighters maximum sounds like a good start.

So you see there are some really cool advantages and disadvantages to owning a carrier if properly implemented. Losing one is a devastating loss to the account of a clan but it does have its perks. I for one hope to see one of these mastodons majestically flying and secretly commanding one. (read: OK, I am nerding out!)

If he does concede to people requesting carriers then he had better not turn it into a stretch goal! 4 million for player-owned light carriers, that would be the day.

I'm aware of the fact that a bengal class (carrier shown in the vid) would be a logical problem:
a bit oversized for "commercial" use, no government would allow privateers to have ships as big as (or bigger than) their own army. the size you described seems reasonable. let me get to your plus-minus-list:

theese tethers would have to be either in a non combat zone, a heavy fortified station or something like that. since when do pirates and outlaws care about rules?
    hide them in an astroid field, in a particle fog or something like that. leave them in open space beyond scanner range at coordinates known only by ship users.

remember starlancer :D
    an attack on a capital must be allways planed ahead and planned well:
    - gather intel (longrange scans, asking out players, trading intel, scout missions)
    - make plan (according to class of capital, weaponry, fighters in it, weakpoints, your own forces)
    - get players involved (own clan, friends, even hire mercs)
    - pull it off!

you might have to hire a crew of NPCs for that. the more you hire, the more functions are in place when you have to "abandon" the ship. increases cost also obviously, so you have to use the ship as semi-freighter to maintain it.

price to pay for a big ship, so plan ahead.

promoting teamplay is a disadvantage? in a game that lives from social behavior and conflicts? how is that a bad thing?

or even spy work, sabotage and stuff :D

depends on how efficiant you trade. if trading the right goods in the right place, you might make millions.

no disadvantage for me seen here. 20 should be WAY mor than enough.
    if more needed, buy second carrier.

i hope there will be the opportunity of carriers, right away or in the future
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Tue 30 Oct - 15:25:07

ok, update time!

you guys browsing their website should look at the fics written there, "Spectrum Dispatch".
it tells storries about the SC universe and your options of actions and equipment included.

latest one striped down to facts

- changable IDs for one player: confirmed
- stealth techniques: confirmed
- deadly rockets (not only toys): most likely
- private (non-government) trading hubs: confirmed

Pledgers know now:
snippers
deadly
kerre
f3rit
rohzkov(u might know him, day z regular)
the airblade(myself:D)
da-fort (doing his pledge soon)
theshaydeeone
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Player_1 Thu 1 Nov - 18:44:21

There is an IAMA on Reddit which is supposedly Chris Roberts. I don't think it has been "confirmed" yet, but it's a good read nonetheless. Link

Player_1

Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Thu 1 Nov - 19:01:11

Player_1 wrote:There is an IAMA on Reddit which is supposedly Chris Roberts. I don't think it has been "confirmed" yet, but it's a good read nonetheless. Link

confirmed: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ask-chris-anything-again/

BTW: Jet, are you onboard? :D

Update time:

Alien race reviealed: the Xi'An

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Xian-front-300x238

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/meet-the-xian/
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Thu 1 Nov - 19:49:36

I hope you can play as them, haven't read the link yet :)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 2 Nov - 8:33:28

I dropped him some monies, so I'm in!

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Fri 2 Nov - 17:56:38

kerrermanisNL wrote:I hope you can play as them, haven't read the link yet :)

nope... well, not initialy, maybe on later updates

UPDATE: reached 2,5mil --> playable ship anvil gladiator (civilian variant from heavy military bomber)

Pledgers known by now:
snippers
deadly
kerre
f3rit
rohzkov(u might know him, day z regular)
the airblade(myself:D)
da-fort (doing his pledge soon)
theshaydeeone
captain
heavyweather
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Fri 2 Nov - 19:13:16

I got my money from work so I pledged now :)

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sat 3 Nov - 0:03:36

ExeTick wrote:I got my money from work so I pledged now :)

i know exactly what you will do. headhunter, the lonewulf edition, waiting people out till they feel safe, then headshot them into space :D

Pledgers known by now:
snippers
deadly
kerre
f3rit
airblade
da-fort
theshaydeeone
captain
heavyweather
exetick
rohzkov

we'll need a BIG ship :D
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Sat 3 Nov - 10:35:21

lool now I probably try to play with others Razz

even if I want to go alone.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 3 Nov - 11:58:16

I feel like being a pirate or smuggler somehow.. I'll probaply end up a good guy though Razz
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 12 Nov - 0:34:51

update: reached 3,25mio$

- new ship available: MISC Starfarer, a big liquid goods freighter
- star system unlocked: Orion (Weapon test/trade/smuggle system)
- star system unlocked: Tyrol (research system short before supernova, outlaw territory)

citizen cards are in the making, pics of the white, green and bronze ranks can be seen on the website
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Tue 13 Nov - 20:28:41

update: reached 3,4 mio$

- star system unlocked: Goss (binary stars with nebula around, tourist point, also hiding place for pirates)
- star system unlocked: Kellog (jungle world with rare animals, prison planet, strong police)
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Tue 13 Nov - 22:39:43

They're doing well. :)
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 13 Nov - 22:59:46

Mang, I want to see the 4 million mark for Pro mod tools !
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Fri 16 Nov - 2:40:42

YAY!!! CHRISTMAS FOR ME! They revealed the blueprints of one ship :D
Remember, still WIP, ship and especialy the fighter will be way more detailed when finished.
but its enough for me now, enjoy

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image01

when seeing the fighter dock, i doubt you can fit a bigger one in...
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image02

"S-foils on attack position"
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image03

"S-foils on cruise position"
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image04

P52 fighter (inspired by the jedi fighter, i think)
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image10

inside the turret
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image09

side cut
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image11

the bridge
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image12

from bridge over living area into fighter dock
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image13

docking bay/freight storrage
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image14

when fighter is released
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image15

sleeping area
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image16

blue prints
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Image17
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 16 Nov - 10:56:53

This game is shaping up to be amazing

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Fri 16 Nov - 22:19:13

Update time :D (hell, they're making progress fast)

reached 3.932.648$ in this very moment Happy

- new ship available: AD Retaliator (strategical bomber/medium freighter/basic explorer)
- new base type available: the smugglers asteroid
- star system unlocked: Cathcart (ancient galactic junkjard, no natural planets, pirate area)
- star system unlocked: Tal (Xi'An Empires factory system, large industry)
- star system unlocked: Geddon (volcanic world, home to the Banu protectorate(aliens?), chemical exports)
- star system unlocked: Ellis (tuning/cutomizing area, space races, fuel refinery)

and a new design to drool at :D

The RSI Freelancer (early design study)
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Freelancer_option1

Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Sat 17 Nov - 3:13:12

Holy cow. 4 million dollars with 2 days left. It is true what they said. Crowdsourcing is a marathon and the last couple of days are the sprint to the finish. If you have enough people interested that is. This has now been unlocked.

• 45 missions
  • 50 star systems
  • Persistent universe
  • Drake Cutlass (new ship)
  • Enhanced boarding (melee, upgradeable HUDs, zero-g external combat, Mag-boots)
  • Increased community updates (and webcasts)
  • MODDING TOOLS

Now the last 0.5 million would be nice to have. You can pilot cruisers if that stretch goal is reached. The last million adds a new base type and adds more systems, up to a total of 70, extended flight-sim support (think Track-IR and MFDs). Some more stuff is in between that is quite nice.

But as it stands the 4 million dollars has doubled the original goal of 2 million. With the private investment (10 million, I think) of Chris Roberts this game is going to be a very nice title. For those of you whom have not pledged yet you still have 2 more days. But I would not blame you if you want to wait until the actual game release. The game has an expected release year of 2014.

Here is a video of preliminary AI work. Mostly flying in formation.
This may look like simple AI to you but this stuff usually gets shown behind closed doors to publishers and investors.
For now it looks like it is possible to change formation on the fly. Also some effects like the lasers are WIP.
http://vimeo.com/53321312

Crowdsourcing campaign video for the last week.
http://vimeo.com/53293424

For those of you who have pledged but want a little bit more out of the game. Here are some add-ons you can buy for your game. You should still be able to buy the add-ons post-funding. There is no rush on this one. Personally I am going to buy the skins, the physical map and the soundtrack to the game.
https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/add-ons/
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 17 Nov - 12:36:08

Wow i have to say I didn't expect it to reach 4 million untill I saw the score yesterday. They really got a lot of money the last couple of days.. Yay!
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sat 17 Nov - 19:39:32

guys, snippers just sent me this:
Congratulation Citizens! Your dedication to the cause is impossible to deny. Working with the imperial fleet shipyards, I have secured one final lofty stretch goal for you: if we can reach the previously impossible $5.5 million level, then the Bengal carrier will be playable in the finished game. It will be very difficult to earn a Bengal… but when you do, it will be an amazing base for clans, squadrons and guilds. Can we get there?
In first place they said, carriers will be available, but the bengal remains in squadron 42 (so the single player) and the UEE space fleet (so NPCs).
Now we would get them, if goal is reached...

Jaw

Remember: the Bengal is this! (next to the bridge is a man-sized pendant)
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Carrier_small
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 17 Nov - 20:06:13

And they want to get 1,3 million in 2 days? I wish them luck lol No way that's going to happen (though I would like to be proven wrong)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Sun 18 Nov - 2:21:19

I hate him now.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Sun 18 Nov - 19:58:37

Last 23 hours!

I've added one of the skins to my basic pledge.

Da-Fort wrote:I hate him now.

Why's that?
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sun 18 Nov - 20:21:35

because he(Chris Roberts) is tempting us...
i can understand da fort.

btw: 4,8 mio as i post cheers
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 19 Nov - 3:17:03

Update time: Reached 5,2mio$ and still 14,5hours to go... Bengal class, here we come :D
no kidding, i realy think they can do it!

Features:
- Squadron 42 will be 50 missions long
- persistent universe will be, at startup, as big as privateer was in his days: 70 star systems to explore
- besides the UEE (United Earth Empire, humans) four alien races so far: Xi'An (friendly-neutral, no conflict known), Vanduul (hostile), Banu (unknown by now, but seem to be not hostile) and Kr'tak (no intel at all)
- inventory maintainance can be done by app for tablets

Unlocks since my last update, some allready mentioned by da fort

- new ship available: Drake Cutlass (pirate ship, has tractor beam)
- new ship available: Drake Caterpillar (modulatable armored freighter, "evil twin" of the freelancer)
- new ship available: Origin M50 (highspeed interceptor, low armor, tiny weapon loadout)
- new alien race: the Kr'tak (intel follows)
- new base type available: alien derelict (more intel to come as i get it)
- star system unlocked: Stanton (terraformed planets, owned by private companies, good trading ground)
- star system unlocked: Nul (dead system, slave market)
- star system unlocked: Kilian (UEE Navy training grounds, fleet constrution grounds)
- star system unlocked: Hadrian (traversing system between UEE and Xi'An teritory, strictly limited flying grounds)
- star system unlocked: Chronos (Synthworld project location, allways in need for building matrerial)
- star system unlocked: Kallis (infant system, high scientific research area, might be jump points to find)
- star system unlocked: Hades (gravejard of ancient civilization that destroyed themselves in a systemwide civil war)
- star system unlocked: Trise (home of Banu leads, the "Council")
- star system unlocked: Eealus (first Xi’An Empire’s prime nature preserve, three others existant, one as backup, two kept secret)
- star system unlocked: Oso (trading hub for all kinds)
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Mon 19 Nov - 6:45:39

Some more AI progress. They dynamically avoid asteroids, fighters and capital ships.
http://vimeo.com/53745615

EDIT: 150 000 dollars to go for the 5.5 million stretch goal with 12 hours left.

Last edited by Da-Fort on Mon 19 Nov - 7:30:34; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : math problems)
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 19 Nov - 7:27:08

150K with 11Hours... damn this is goin fast!
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Mon 19 Nov - 9:33:17

Here is an early view on a spaceport.
http://vimeo.com/53829036#

The Bengal carrier can be boarded and taken over on multiplayer. This is what I heard on the livestream here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/croberts68

20 000 dollars left with 9 hours left. Bengal carriers, here we come!

EDIT: 5.5 million hit on 8 hours and 30 minutes!
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Mon 19 Nov - 10:28:59

lol 500 bucks to go
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 19 Nov - 10:30:51

DONE! We have the BENGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1one
Happy days, Santa came early this year!
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 19 Nov - 10:37:18

Da-Fort wrote:Some more AI progress. They dynamically avoid asteroids, fighters and capital ships.
http://vimeo.com/53745615

Just....wow....its beautiful

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 19 Nov - 10:43:29

Hornet pledged for, I just couldn't stop myself! haha. As pledge ships come with a 'lifetime insurance' meaning if you lose them have a new one. Where as ships bought in game won't have that.

Really looking forward to this, going to have to a X52 pro and all sorts. I think a new rig is also in order (I should add not just for this game haha).

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 19 Nov - 11:08:03

Snippers wrote:Hornet pledged for, I just couldn't stop myself! haha. As pledge ships come with a 'lifetime insurance' meaning if you lose them have a new one. Where as ships bought in game won't have that.

Really looking forward to this, going to have to a X52 pro and all sorts. I think a new rig is also in order (I should add not just for this game haha).
AWWWWW YEEEE! will never loose ma constellation :D

note to self

things to buy til game release:
- new rig
- oculus rift
- saitek X52 pro done

what else boys?

Last edited by Chris_Kampfgurke on Mon 19 Nov - 12:23:58; edited 1 time in total
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Mon 19 Nov - 12:03:40

Good as time as any to buy track ir.. Though if you have the oculus rift it's kind of pointless. Razz
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Mon 19 Nov - 12:33:22

I'd much rather just play it with my mouse and keyboard. Especially if it's going to be involving cutting engines and weapons that have some form or traverse.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Mon 19 Nov - 17:48:00

6 million dollars with an hour to spare. 100 systems, orchestral score (read: I love these) and a free copy of the first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines. I am not sure what the last one is. I believe it to be a SP expansion. Maybe more stuff but their site is being swamped by people refreshing the page. Maybe Airblade can give us more information.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Mon 19 Nov - 19:59:51

Yeah, they did it! $6 million.

And for those of us who've already pledged during the crowd sourcing stage, we can buy more ships and add-ons for the next year at the same prices, with lifetime insurance!

What about pledges? Good news: those of you who got in on the ground floor are covered. Your ships have lifetime insurance policies and for the next year you will have the ability to purchase further tiers or upgrade existing ones at the initial prices. That's not true of everyone else: if you want to back Star Citizen and participate in this amazing community, you still can. but it's going to cost you a little extra as of now, and you aren't going to have as many extras (no lifetime insurance, for example.)
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 19 Nov - 21:25:46

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 Surprised
6 Million!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Tue 20 Nov - 0:45:04

i'm sooooo baffled by this game, pledge, crowd sourcing, life insurance WTFFFFF

looks good though
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 20 Nov - 15:11:10

On the SC website Behind Enemy Lines is a 16 mission campaign in the style of The Secret Missions.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Tue 20 Nov - 19:00:39

fund ended with 6.238.563 US Dollars... about 2.1mio more than the recent leader of the highest crowdfunded games ever. All ground pledgers can even upgrade their pledge in the next year. Within the last day, some people did... they are now corrected the fund to 6.366.485$

and now we will have, among all previous updates, 100 starsystems, orchestral score and a free copy of Squadron 42 - Behind Enemy Lines, the first add on for the single player. Like if 50 SP mission weren't enough...

never had a game i was looking mor forward to.
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sat 8 Dec - 15:09:08

Update: with corrected pledges and the grace period we now have 7mio USD for the game developement. Simply unbelievable!

now to the real ignition for this update: Chris revealed the early 3D model of the MISC Freelancer. So... enough text, here we go:

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 MISC-new-canopy01COLOR-copy1
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 MISC-new-canopy02-copy
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 MISC-new-canopy03-copy
Star Citizen - Squadron 42 trailer [Space Sim] - Page 2 MISC-new-canopy04-copy
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sat 8 Dec - 15:56:21

So I forgot I had not posted here yet. During the grace period I pledged for the Constellation Mk3 (the ship Chris has). If my next salary gets handed over to me I'm going to see what else there is for sale =P

Loving what I've seen so far!
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sat 15 Dec - 21:25:56

the new SC forum is online now. lets all register and form up the NwA section! :D
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sat 15 Dec - 22:02:39

Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sun 16 Dec - 16:01:53

Nice Google Docs spreadsheet containing most of the stats for the smaller ships.

Not entirely sure that all this data is 100% correct (and it can of course change during development of the game), but it gives a good impression of what is known so far.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next