*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night

+14
Pectus
TheShaydeeOne
Orford
Jay Scott
SpaaTTeLi
Snippers
capitan
kerrermanisNL
Lone
Voodoo
Chris_Kampfgurke
ExeTick
Lt.brad
kopite73
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night  Empty any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night

Post by kopite73 Wed 14 Mar - 6:57:07

any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night  666915 or is it easy to pic up during the misioins
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night  Empty Re: any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night

Post by Lt.brad Wed 14 Mar - 8:58:16

I'm not sure If im on in the weekend evenings...
But if i'm there, no problem!

Are the UO mods installed and updated (sixupdater thingy)? and is ACRE working already?

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night  Empty Re: any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night

Post by kopite73 Wed 14 Mar - 9:07:34

six uodater yes acre no ill sort that tonight ithink
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Wed 14 Mar - 12:06:19

I will be there if I get acre to work.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Wed 14 Mar - 20:05:20

what about havin a basic course at UO server itself?
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Wed 14 Mar - 20:15:39

Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:what about havin a basic course at UO server itself?

Personally, I much prefer it when brad hosts - with me being from the UK (Kop applies too here) Ping is only like 30~40, rather than 100~, it's easier to use our own TS, and it's just all-round easy to communicate - IE, if the missions screwed we can restart straight away etc.

Just my thoughts, but whatever Razz
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wed 14 Mar - 20:53:21

Damn you all and making me want to buy UO when I'm home at easter!

Lone

Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Wed 14 Mar - 21:09:20

sounds good voodo i think orford hosted too once b4.
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Thu 15 Mar - 0:32:29

kopite73 wrote:sounds good voodo i think orford hosted too once b4.

I know Brad's a quality host, but I feel bad for putting his name forward Razz I know orford can do it, but I may/may not be able to play because I can't connect to Snippers or Chris, but for some reason I can connect to others like brad but f**k knows why
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Thu 15 Mar - 7:25:54

Voodoo wrote:
kopite73 wrote:sounds good voodo i think orford hosted too once b4.

I know Brad's a quality host, but I feel bad for putting his name forward Razz I know orford can do it, but I may/may not be able to play because I can't connect to Snippers or Chris, but for some reason I can connect to others like brad but f**k knows why

I couldn't either, but snippers found out that if you download hamachi you can connect. So I'm able to play with snippers now
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 15 Mar - 9:14:33

Yea so lets get a little coop game going on friday night? Best way to learn is to play :)

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Thu 15 Mar - 11:26:25

@ Those with with connection issues
Yeah hamachi is great for those who can't connect, those who can already connect won't need hamachi as it will host it over both the internet and the through hamachi :D. Friday night sounds great I am in!

@Kop
Kop I suspect a very small tweak will be required after fixing the issues John and Exetick have 100% I now know how to fix your game 100%, if anyone is having issues with six updater I think I have mastered it to a Tee now.

You need to run steam as admin, to do this right click on the desktop shortcut go to the compatability tab and tick "always run this as administrator". Then run/restart steam and launch arma 2 once to the main menu and then exit. Now six updater will detect your arma 2 installation.

The reason it did not before was because when you deleted operation arrowhead (under my instruction) it deleted some entries in the registry, running steam as admin and launching arma2 once will fix this, and now six updater will detect the games properly.

@Chris
It would like to play with UO, but they always expect a very high competency not just with the game but with their command procedures. If we were to place a few of us on their server we would want to be in one squad which means having to a squad leader that understands these (I believe none of us do). They are also a simulation community not a gaming one, so they take everything serious. There will be long periods of waiting for orders and it will require a great deal of discipline and focus.

I think for now we are best teaching and getting everyone to grips with being able to do everything they will encounter on the battlefield. From packing the correct medical supplies, to using secondary weapons, proper radio communication setting up emplacements. We should so do a test mission of mobilizing up a FOB

Another great thing we could try would be to play Arma 2: PR and see how it would go with quite a load of us playing.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 15 Mar - 11:54:05

Yea, personally, I didn't enjoy my time playing on UO. Far too serious. I'm all for realistic gameplay, but its still a game, if I wanted to be in the military, I'd have joined!

I will also be about on Sunday for those that want to play.

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Thu 15 Mar - 14:16:50

friday will only be possible if we start around 20:30 GMT, have late shift
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Thu 15 Mar - 14:37:18

I cant play on friday. and I will probably be home late on saturday :(

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaaTTeLi Fri 16 Mar - 0:18:44

I was thinking on buying ArmA X anniversary edition which has these:

• Arma: Cold War Assault (aka Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis)
  • Arma: Resistance (aka Operation Flashpoint: Resistance)
  • Arma: Armed Assault
  • Arma: Combat Operations
  • Arma: Queens Gambit
  • Arma II
  • Arma II: Operation Arrowhead
  • Arma II: British Armed Forces
  • Arma II: Private Military Company
I have spent 40€ in worse things... Whats bugging me is I have tried the free version but couldn't get a feel to the game. Yeah if I buy this a noob night would be sweet!
SpaaTTeLi
SpaaTTeLi

Registration date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Fri 16 Mar - 1:43:42

SpaaTTeLi wrote:I was thinking on buying ArmA X anniversary edition which has these:

• Arma II
I have spent 40€ in worse things... Whats bugging me is I have tried the free version but couldn't get a feel to the game. Yeah if I buy this a noob night would be sweet!

Ma starting kit as well, its good
Arma1 is too outdated so useles imo...
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Fri 16 Mar - 7:39:14

SpaaTTeLi wrote:I was thinking on buying ArmA X anniversary edition which has these:

• Arma II

You only need arma 2 and arma2: operation arrowhead, you can get them in a bundle on steam. This is a bit cheaper http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/ . PMC and BAF are only 'booster' packs and they provide a lite version with crappy placeholder textures anyway so you can still use the equipment from them without owning them.

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 16 Mar - 9:34:01

So i tried to come and play last night but failed

ACRE is up to date, and connected to TS3. Ran everything as admin as usual, but it never muted anyone, I could hear everyone the whole time. Except when I disconnected, then ACRE would mute TS3 for me.....what a load.

Any ideas?

Nothing has changed since the last time I played and it all was fine then. I refuse to uninstall/reinstall everything as I dont have the time nor patience.

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Fri 16 Mar - 10:18:18

Lets try it again, but from the start, should be fine then I think
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Fri 16 Mar - 13:27:43

capitan wrote:So i tried to come and play last night but failed

ACRE is up to date, and connected to TS3. Ran everything as admin as usual, but it never muted anyone, I could hear everyone the whole time. Except when I disconnected, then ACRE would mute TS3 for me.....what a load.

Any ideas?

Nothing has changed since the last time I played and it all was fine then. I refuse to uninstall/reinstall everything as I dont have the time nor patience.

The fact that ACRE had some control is a good sign. I would say first try joining at the start and see what happens, could well work. Another possibility is just ensuring the right 64bit or 32bit plugin was installed (may be why it had partial control.

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 17 Mar - 10:10:16

Mine games are installing toot toot!

- Am gunna need ALOOOOOT of help with this me thinks Razz

- And you boyz are gunna need ALOOOT of patience Razz
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 17 Mar - 10:39:54

This game is so slow and intence you can learn as you play.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 17 Mar - 10:43:42

Cool cant wait.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sat 17 Mar - 14:37:39

Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:

• Arma II

I got this for £17 new at game.. saved me a fortune.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sat 17 Mar - 18:44:00

Voodoo wrote:
Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:

• Arma II

I got this for £17 new at game.. saved me a fortune.

thats about 25€ isn't it? that was my price as well.
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaaTTeLi Tue 20 Mar - 1:01:07

Not really surprised that finnish shops are expensive :/. Maybe ill try to get it from some online shop from EU...
SpaaTTeLi
SpaaTTeLi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 20 Mar - 14:55:52

Buy it from steam, you only need the smaller package.. 25 quid it is! My first game on with the lads and i killed Bin laden lol and i took his Golden AK

rrrrrrrrrrrr yer make rooooom for the Scottster! =D
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaaTTeLi Tue 20 Mar - 15:05:19

Jay Scott wrote:Buy it from steam, you only need the smaller package.. 25 quid it is! My first game on with the lads and i killed Bin laden lol and i took his Golden AK

rrrrrrrrrrrr yer make rooooom for the Scottster! =D
steam = illuminati
I'd rather not rely on steam if I want to play games.. But ill check it out.
SpaaTTeLi
SpaaTTeLi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 20 Mar - 15:08:47

You dont have to run it through steam you plonker, you run it through sixupdater.

Steam = Mary Jane!

"Killuminati all through your body that blows like a 12 gauge shotty!"
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaaTTeLi Tue 20 Mar - 15:12:42

Jay Scott wrote:You dont have to run it through steam you plonker, you run it through sixupdater.

Steam = Mary Jane!

And I prefer to pay in cash... Easier to get hold off.

E: And I want to be Osama (only ingame any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night  757254).
SpaaTTeLi
SpaaTTeLi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 20 Mar - 15:27:19

lol
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 20 Mar - 17:09:55

SpaaTTeLi wrote:
Jay Scott wrote:You dont have to run it through steam you plonker, you run it through sixupdater.

Steam = Mary Jane!

And I prefer to pay in cash... Easier to get hold off.

E: And I want to be Osama (only ingame any chance of a noob training night at the weekend maybe fri or sat night  757254).

Do you like.. mug people or something? Because digital money is way easier to get hold of xD
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 20 Mar - 20:37:50

Did you hear that ferrari outside my house earlier on lol
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaaTTeLi Tue 20 Mar - 21:24:13

[quote="kerrermanisNL"]
SpaaTTeLi wrote:
Jay Scott wrote:..Offtopic..

Do you like.. mug people or something?
lol not really. But lets leave this it's getting offtopic enough...
SpaaTTeLi
SpaaTTeLi

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 20 Mar - 23:11:04

Yeah you're right.. How'bout it though scot? Reckon we need a training night after having you're first awesome mission? Went quite well didn't it (except for the fact we ran out of time Razz)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Wed 21 Mar - 8:20:37

kerrermanisNL wrote:Yeah you're right.. How'bout it though scot? Reckon we need a training night after having you're first awesome mission? Went quite well didn't it (except for the fact we ran out of time Razz)

I thought it was awesome even though my ACRE was broke for that mission. I could just hear a mess of voices.

And holy sh*tballs when I was sitting in that grass and those insurgent dudes were walking past me like an inch away. I was wondering why everyone was prone then I pressed alt and turned my head around to dudes walking past me looking in our general direction.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pectus Thu 22 Mar - 1:31:43

So.. How is this ? I remember when the beta 0.1(?) was first released and i watched a few gameplay videos. Looked clumsy and clunky as f**k and the PVP lagged horribly, (visible model warping all the time) but I was told this is a ArmA 2 "feature" and that it got patched away.

How is the player base compared to PR:BF2, in numbers and in quality ? Thinking of buying ArmA 2, but i still remain very skeptical.

Pectus

Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 22 Mar - 8:25:44

We play combined ops, using the same mods as the united operation server. We don't play PR ArmA yet. Some do but there's to many people playing it like PR:BF2. ArmA2 is more of a sim and using the game engine to give PR better graphic makes the ArmA2 greatness a bit lost on the player base tab

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Thu 22 Mar - 8:48:47

Orford wrote:We play combined ops, using the same mods as the united operation server. We don't play PR ArmA yet. Some do but there's to many people playing it like PR:BF2. ArmA2 is more of a sim and using the game engine to give PR better graphic makes the ArmA2 greatness a bit lost on the player base tab

If PR ARMA would have integration ACRE I would play it...now it sucks :)

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 22 Mar - 9:03:39

Lt.brad wrote:
Orford wrote:We play combined ops, using the same mods as the united operation server. We don't play PR ArmA yet. Some do but there's to many people playing it like PR:BF2. ArmA2 is more of a sim and using the game engine to give PR better graphic makes the ArmA2 greatness a bit lost on the player base tab

If PR ARMA would have integration ACRE I would play it...now it sucks :)

^^
Also this, comms suck bad.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Thu 22 Mar - 12:34:05

Finished my year final year project, one coursework to do SO GUYS FRIDAY NIGHT WHOS IN?

I can host!

Snippers

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Thu 22 Mar - 12:35:51

Im totaly in! Im so horny for some Arma atm! :)

Edit : Im more horny for my new keyboard I "should" be able to get today if I get my code.

Last edited by ExeTick on Thu 22 Mar - 13:26:48; edited 2 times in total

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Thu 22 Mar - 12:39:53

Oh God, you guys are sorely tempting me to buy this.
I've only just been paid and I can almost feel the money slipping out of my fingers
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 22 Mar - 13:26:01

Go GO GO, CAS mission and let me and Klutz get some hydras on the go.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Thu 22 Mar - 13:34:15

ive edited the socom mission so we can get apache support ;p

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Thu 22 Mar - 13:37:13

Snippers wrote:Finished my year final year project, one coursework to do SO GUYS FRIDAY NIGHT WHOS IN?

I can host!

Whoohoo! I'm glad it's done and we can now focus on the more important things in life like simulated warfare in the virtual realm :D .

Orford wrote:Go GO GO, CAS mission and let me and Klutz get some hydras on the go.

This man speaks the truth, but don't pick a map with power/phone lines Wink

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 22 Mar - 14:24:12

Fan f*****g dabby dozzy!

@ Pectus.. Buy it!

@ Pigeon.. Buy it!

^^ Trust me.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 22 Mar - 14:24:31

Congratz btw Snipperooonie Razz
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 22 Mar - 14:51:55

YES. friday night. be there or be square (and a c-word)

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next