*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last night: Operation Archer

+4
Xazper
kerrermanisNL
Jay Scott
DudeNukem91
8 posters

Go down

Last night: Operation Archer Empty Last night: Operation Archer

Post by DudeNukem91 Mon 17 Oct - 13:53:55

Hello guys,

First of all BIG 'thank you' to ALL the admins and clanmembers who are showing up, making it happen and/or making the best out of it (typical Dutch saying). I really like the Attitude.

I haven't introduced myself a bit on the forums. So I will tell you something about me, I am a guy, 20 years old and I am from Holland. And sort of, addicted to your servers, epsecially the one that is running insurgency. (Besides that, let's not talk about the amount of hours I made on the insurgencey server) That's that being said, the rest you can ask in-game if you like ;-).

I just wanted to share with you, that I really enjoyed the game last night
(Map: Operation Archer). Like many games I did enjoy on your server(s). Yesterday, I was playing on the Canadian side. I had bad feelings about this game, after seeing the caliber of players on the opposite team. I was getting afraid for some heavy-organized-guerilla-tactic-s**t. Kind of the whole NwA was on the otherside (Taliban). I tried to join Jonn his squad but he had chosen $paateli and DanielViros instead of meehh :'(... I'll never forget that John! Nevermind. The game started off rubbish. The chinooks did crash or got shot down in the first couple of minutes. I decided to set up my own squad, called "MUMBLE INF". It turns out I get dumped with a couple of guys who don't even have a mic. Same old story. Except a few guys who had, like NwA Anders and NwA Robskiet? And some other (I can't even remember, that must say something). We got the Intel, now we needed some sort of transport. No APC's up, so we drove the transport truck all the way to the SE of the known cache (E3k6). That was a big detour because we didn't (me and especially NwA Anders) trust the east main road. We were going from H8 to G3k1ish. The known cache was somewhere in D2k1ish? In E3k6 there were some crates dropped off by the chinook that killed me, happend in the first 5-10 minutes.

After a long while truckin', we almost arrived @ E3k6. But suddenly, we bumped up to some heavy-organized-guerilla-tactic-s**t! Stopped in G3k1ish. We had contact in NE tip of the map (M2k2ish). There were about 5-6 Talibans + stationary SPG waiting for us. We did engage them. After some collateral damage, we pulled ourselves together. And I decided to go to E3k6, we build a FOB overthere. About here, epic Mumble communication (in my eyes) between me and John was about to start off. We decided to attack the cache from the west side. We were walking all the way alongside the VCP, going over the Taliban main road, to the cache. Meanwhile an APC sqd had been set up, but got destroyed by a Gary. After all we managed to get the cache. Then a 2nd cache came up. Airport cache. Again, we were moving with 2 squads. Heading for the airport cache. After some talking John decided to go alongside the North border of the map. After we arrived @ the airport, my sqd set up on the bunker north-west of the Airport Tower (which was loaded with inf) and engaged the tower. As a form of distraction. Meanwhile, John moved in from the north. We took some casaulties on both sides. But managed to get the cache. After that, the APC was back up. And provided us some cover. Then a new cache appeared A6k7ish? John and me decided to go on foot with APC as cover, as mechanized infatry, ohh yeah! With a couple of times having contact during our trip to the cache, that made it even more wicked. I decided to go in the hill to the north of the known cache. While John was going in the mountain in B5-6. I got a little footage of the attack (will be uploading soon). After all, we managed to get the cache.

And so on, and so on..

People were leaving the game. That made me a tad sad. I am a bit curious on that one? Was it getting boring to be Taliban or was it getting late? I decided to stop aswell, with not much tickets to be spend 70+ and 2/3 caches to be destroyed.

Thanks to the guys in my sqd and thanks to John, the MEMBERS of that sqd (who were using SL mumble aswell) and the APC sqd on mumble for the great teamwork, what made the game even more exciting.

Like I said, I wanted to share this with you and I enjoyed the game. And will be looking for more, which is garaunteed on the NwA servers :). I hope you enjoyed the story/round as much as I did.

With that being said, did I miss or forgot something? Tell me about it, I am curious about your story :)

Dude.

Last night: Operation Archer Moz-screenshot

Last edited by DudeNukem91 on Mon 17 Oct - 14:25:46; edited 4 times in total
DudeNukem91
DudeNukem91

Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Last night: Operation Archer Empty Re: Last night: Operation Archer

Post by DudeNukem91 Mon 17 Oct - 13:56:30

Pff, one thing is sure. I could write a book about it. But I probably made alot of grammar mistakes, sorry for that.
DudeNukem91
DudeNukem91

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 17 Oct - 14:38:44

That Squad you stumbled across in the N/E corner was mine.

Squad Leader. Scotty

Marksman - Speedhound

Medic - Sonny

RPG-7 , Kopite

PKM gunner - Dobbeh

some other dude cant remember his name, that cache at Airport was a good fight! after taking endless rounds from several AR gunners and Marksman we dug in for some CQB! and your teamwork payed off you attack that Airport like Pro's coming in from the roof and lower floor. Sorry i couldn't stay till the end i was on PR for along time and was getting a head ache.

Always a pleasure to see you on the server Nukem.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Mon 17 Oct - 14:46:02

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see some footage :)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 17 Oct - 15:07:23

I played in that round as well. Mostly at the end though when people started leaving. My voip wasn't working (couldn't hear) so I decided to go hunt for the enemy mortars after getting hit straight on with one. I was followed around by neecaay or somesort and quickly found the mortars. We were being real sneaky just the two of us, being careful not to shoot too early and expose ourselves.
Unfortunately the mortars were within the DoD around A3 so I asked them to relocate and we started falling back. As we were running away we had been spotted and they were "walking" the rounds in behind us. We could hear them coming closer but we managed to escape. (Also I typed up in all caps to stop shooting and relocate immediately).
We thought we saw a techie drive to E3 ish compound so we went in there and checked all the houses. Then the mortars started shooting again and we followed the sound back to A3. With a bit of help from Vandal we made them move away (finally).
Later after we helped kill a cache we heard the mortars once more. We snuck to the north to F2 area, bypassing a couple of technicals and PKMs. We moved in from the north at the very border of the map and they never saw us coming. A couple of bullets later and their mortars were ours!
We had planned to wait around and ambush them when they came back but they had ragequit leaving only ~4 insurgents on the team. We effortlessly (Except for a brilliant SPG shot which hit squad 6 and killed a bunch of guys) killed the last two caches and I called it a night.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 17 Oct - 15:17:10

Omg,

Who got scared from the smoke on the airport tower?

BE HONEST :3

Was so epic, pity I got picked off by a sniper, really wanted to join that CBQ.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DudeNukem91 Mon 17 Oct - 17:36:06

@Scotty
Haha, I knew it. You guys scared us away. Airport was definately a good fight.

@kerrer
Hehe, it was. But I only got a tiny bit of recording 2-3 minutes. Will be uploading today or tomorrow.

@Xazper
The mortars on that team were doing a great job. They have nailed me a couple of times. Squad 6 was my squad. But I am not quite sure about the SPG shot anymore, perhaps I already left the game.

@Robskiet
I was quite surprised by the smoke aswell. Did you deploy them, how and what team were you on? You were in my sqd b4, but after that I havent seen. I wasn't sure if it was friendlies or not.
DudeNukem91
DudeNukem91

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 17 Oct - 17:50:57

The SPG shot was at the very last cache. Me and the pub had just caught up o you when you got hit with a frag that killed half the squad.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobbeh Mon 17 Oct - 17:52:56

Glad to know you enjoyed my mortars :D

Dobbeh

Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Mon 17 Oct - 17:53:00

Yeah mate that was some epic fight @ the airport - almost all our team was there and prolly most of yours so that made it quite intense, not to mention in the whole tower there were like only 2-3 medics - me and 1 or 2 other dudes which made us very busy. I truly enjoyed that firefight and it took a long time too which is what I applaud. Sadly for me my pc froze not long after you took out the ruins cache and I had to restart, decided to watch some tv after that coz I didnt have time to play another round anyway :) Rematch today? :p

Sonny

Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CommandoXVI Mon 17 Oct - 22:18:15

Scotty, I'm insulted that you forgot about me as "some dude I can't remember his name" :(.

I was responsible for the grenade launcher barrage on the enemies and killed 4-5 of them with it.

CommandoXVI

Registration date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down