*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf

3 posters

Go down

First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf Empty First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf

Post by Xazper Sat 16 Jul - 22:51:51

I really wish I had fraps on tonight.. First I defend souther bridge from several attempted crossings by the enemy inf. I managed to kill an enemy HAT guy and I went to take his kit. I sat for maybe 10-15 minutes on the south side of the road between the train bridge and the double laned bridge. Finally the tank rolled in and I picked up the HAT. It took me a few attempts to get it ready before I blacked out and had to try again, but each time the tank creeped more forward and past me. I had the perfect shot, 30 meters out and looking the other way. I managed to ready the HAT, aim down the scope, and BOOOM! Down goes the tank. The 2 crewmembers jumped out and I killed one with the L85. I picked up my Militia HAT kit and ran to the other crewmember and found him dead.
That was the first one...

I defended the south bridge for a while longer before heading out on the hunt with my militia HAT. I only got to the train bridge before I heard the Scimitar coming. I hid on the NE side of the road and bridge in the foliage, waiting for him. Suddenly one infantry stepped out under the bridge. I thought "Oh crab he's going to see me" but he didn't. Then came another, and then another. In total about 12 people came walking right by me, and none of them saw me. Then came the Scimitar. BOOM! Tandem rocket right in the kisser! I turned around and fled the scene before anyone know what happened.

I later got another HAT kit from a crate and got permission from my SL to go huntin'. I walked all the way from south bridge, to train bridge, to that train station/camp and up tot he road leading out of Brit main. There I saw a tank on the road, talking to a Logi. Then came a Landi and I tried to hide. I was still just a little too far away to risk it. I only had one shot! The logi and Landi left leaving the takn behind. The driver was out using his binocs and the gunner was facing forward, away from me. I pulled back a little and snuck around to the other side. I found a much better position on the tanks right (south) side. I wasn't more than 30 meters away again when I popped up and fired. The tank started to wobble and burn and the crew got out. I thought about rushing them and shooting them when they were bleeding but thought I'd rather retreat and save myself. I then had to walk all the way to the north of the map where the next cache was.

Not long after everyone was at the north protecting the new cache. It was a fierce battle, especially when the tank, Scimitar AND warrior rolled in together. The tank I managed to avoid, speeding around in my little techie. The warrior got killed by stationary SPG so no luck there. But then up north on the dirt road north of logging camp I saw the Scimitar again. I pulled back hoping he didn't see me, pulled out my LAT and snuck around to his side. I fired and hit him straight in the side. Unfortunaly he didn't die so I rushed back tot he techie and went to rearm at the FOB. I figured he'd be RTB'ing so I went the same way back hoping to flank some infantry. But when I got back there the Scimitar was still in the same spot! I jumped out and killed him with ease. It was a beautiful explosion as he blew up instantly!

Anyway that's my story. The game lasted for ~3 hours and I ended with a K/D of 28/8.

Now I'm going to make burgers and celebrate with an episode of Futurama. :lol:
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf Empty Re: First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Sun 17 Jul - 6:34:37

it was a roll over, very similar to iron ridge insurgency in fact but blufor didn't use their assets to anywhere near their potential, the first cache for example bled blufor horribly however if at any time the lynx had landed on the roof of the cache building they could have got that cache easily, in the whole match this tactic was never used....also blufor attacked in very predictable routes, had they flanked or even come from the diametrically opposite (to the predictable) direction they would have found often little or even no defence....another thing i noticed was any militia fob not hidden from the sky became insta targets for blufor (uav i pressume)....also during the round we (the militia) suffered two area attacks and they were NOT like area attacks of old, they were wide fast and horrible, clearing the whole area of defenders much more like the jdam than any area artillery attack of old !!! stats, top scorer on militia side and squad leader of best squad and yes it was easily the longest round of dragon fail i've ever played, had it been any longer i was thinking of decorating the L shaped building we were in......overall ? cant definitively comment for now but to predict that this map will become another gaza or iron ridge (especially with an untalented blufor) is pretty easy. First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf 867979 (for now)

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf Empty Re: First round of Dragon Fly as Militia (Insurgency) = 2 tanks, 2 Scimitars + buttload of inf

Post by Orford Sun 17 Jul - 13:01:48

Diffrent stroke for diffrent folks.

Nice to see the squad kept up with my tactics of defending south bridge. My PC crashed and when I managed to turn it back on it was running like a pig. So Icalled it a day.

Sounds like a good game xasper I was looking forward to some good cache defending with some decent kit. MAy be next time.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down