*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just some advice to all admins here

4 posters

Go down

Just some advice to all admins here Empty Just some advice to all admins here

Post by kennet9613 Mon 17 Jun - 17:42:35

I have read some topics here about people`s ban, and I think people are getting banned for no GOOD reason. First of all, You guys  ( NWA admins ) should give players on your  servers a warning before kicking/banning them from the server, because it really suck to get kicked out because you wrote a joke and the admins are missunderstanding it and bans you. So admins, just give players 1 chanse before kicking/banning them so they can explain themself if they say something that they shouldnt say or taking assets, crashing chopper etc...   This is just some advice I got for you admins, so hope this will be acceptable for you and give players last chanse because I know some of you admins do, but many does not, and just kick/ban players immediately. This will help NWA admins respect and players will knowing you  guys being being good admins. 

Thanks for me.      

KENNMAISTER2010

kennet9613

Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Just some advice to all admins here Empty Re: Just some advice to all admins here

Post by sugnat Mon 17 Jun - 17:48:30

Hey Kenn

Thanks for the feedback, but us admins are players ourselves and we enjoy playing the game as much as you and only admin because we like having a good server to play on, since we enjoy playing the game we sometimes don't have the time to listen to the excuses that are given for the stupidity that plagues PR sometimes, and so normally we are in rush and do the quickest thing which 90% of the time solves the issue, with the other 10% are innocent people caught in the cross fire.

So to sum up, admins make mistakes but however (and I think most of the PR community agree with us here) NwA generally have a no tolerance policy for a reason, which results in people who are disrupting the game being dealt with quickly, and occasionally we get the wrong bloke, which if this happens we are more than happy to remove the ban if it is given in error. 

Sug
sugnat
sugnat

Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Just some advice to all admins here Empty Re: Just some advice to all admins here

Post by Delta Mon 17 Jun - 18:25:01

Thanks for the feedback Kenn, as somebody previously banned for the situation you described (a joke that the admin's felt was offensive misunderstood) I believe this advice may have more than a little self interested involved in it.  However, it is rare that our admins ban for misdemeanors such as stealing an asset or crashing a chopper.  A player will get kicked, however, for some more important problems such as repeat tk's, repeat waste of assets, stealing and wasting an asset, etc.  This is to serve as a caution not to do the offense again.  If it is a pain to get back into the server then that is the desired outcome, you have time to think about why you were kicked and you will most probably not do it again.

I am also curious as to why you have posted this now, we haven't had a server up for at least 18 hours so what prompted this?
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Mon 17 Jun - 18:32:48

Understand, that if we ban for a joke it usually falls into 3 categories:

It's in good fun:  Generally implies the admin is either in on it or knows about it.  As long as it doesn't cross racism or hate speech, most admins would allow it.

It's spam/out of taste:  Usually you'll get a warning or multiple warnings for this depending on who is the admin.  Spam is a tad more lenient unless the one doing it is known to spam on a regular basis.  Out of Taste jokes normally could get a warning but might proceed to an instant kick of it's bad enough (example, City X just had a terrorist attack and you used a bomb car on a group of infantry and said something like "Continuing what was started in City X") could garner you an instant kick or even a temp ban.  Rare cases (or depending on the admin mood you might get a perm ban, especially if City X was in their country or someone they knew was affected.

Racism/Hate Speech:  These go straight to Temp Ban/Perm Ban.  9 times out of 10 it'll be an instant, permanent ban that you probably won't have the option to appeal.  If the admin is having a very good day or in an almost euphoric mood, you MIGHT very rarely get away with a kick.  Even if you're friends with an admin, someone who isn't your friend will get you for this as it is almost always reported externally.

Remember, your intentions of the joke does not matter.  All that matters is how it is interpreted by the powers that be.  So just because you think it's in good fun, for example saying something like "I will make all the Jews pay!" if you're Hamas after destroying a Merkava might net you a perm ban, even if you're just playing in the spirit of the faction.

-Crenshaw
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kennet9613 Tue 18 Jun - 12:29:41

I understand you guys, Just wanted to tell what I have seen and experienced self. Just 1 more thing, Whats going on with the NWA servers? Is it down ?

and Thanks for answer and reading my advice :) 

Thanks for me.

KENMMAISTER2010

kennet9613

Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down