*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1-man locked squads - The conspiracy

+5
Stealthgato
Jay Scott
Voodoo
ExeTick
Tarranauha200
9 posters

Go down

1-man locked squads - The conspiracy Empty 1-man locked squads - The conspiracy

Post by Tarranauha200 Fri 18 Nov - 20:11:15

Now, there are plenty of 1-man locked squads. Usually created by lone snipers a.k.a noobs. But sometimes they are made by skilled players that operate CAS and TRANS. I feel that these squads are ofter ignored and not taken as seriuous treat. Now I will tell you bit about these squads.

Firstly, these squads take the precious squad space for nothing. It can be really damaging if someone wants to make INF squad. These people who make 1-man CAS/TRANS never open that squad, they need to be resinged/kicked/banned.

Secondly, its rule breaking! As these squads are often ignored and kept as "minor treat" new players will think that its ok to TK annoying squad leader and break rules in general. Everyone can imagine where this will end up.

Thirdly, these guys who make these squads think they are kings of the world. They think they can do all the CAS/TRANS themself. When asked to unlock they will often start flaming and arguing. Let me give you example from todays round on barracuda:

I have been teamswitched to US from china.
*I see 1-man locked CAS and I ask if he is waiting for someone to join*
SL: Im not waiting
Me: Then unlock its not allowed to have 1-man locked squads
SL: No
Me: Its against rules Unlock
SL: No I wont
Me: !R X 1-man squad
!R switch me to back to china plz
SL: Haha, now he is requesting switch cause he cant use havy assets.

You can see what he is doing, starting to flame with uncorrect arguments(as I had been in china before just got teamswitched). I feel that if these people are allowed to continue, their attitude will become worse and thats when we have problems. I think this is exactly what happened with the OD-S, they were allowed to continue and their attitude became worse.

Dear NWA admins, I hope that you will now take these 1-man locked squads more seriously. It is not "ok" to have locked CAS squad just becoase SL feels he can do it all byhimself and doesnt want to work as a team. These squads are not minor treat, the attitudes of SL`s will evolve worse and thats when they will become real problems makes.

TL;DR
Resing/unlock to damn squads!

-Tarranauha20, the great conspiracy theorist

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

1-man locked squads - The conspiracy Empty Re: 1-man locked squads - The conspiracy

Post by ExeTick Fri 18 Nov - 20:21:45

well 1-man locked squad is allowed if its cas huey or trans. not all the time but if theres no need for lets say 2 trans choppers he doesnt need to open up the squad. but on operation barracuda theres 2 cas hueys so he have to open his squad so someone can take the second cas huey. since theres not allowed to have 1 in spare.

like muttrah city theres only 1 cas huey so its allowed to solo that squad.

but infantry squads that is 1 manned is not allowed.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

1-man locked squads - The conspiracy Empty Re: 1-man locked squads - The conspiracy

Post by Tarranauha200 Fri 18 Nov - 20:42:08

1-man CAS is not efficient. With 2 persons you could have co-pilot/dedicated spotter+pilot, with 3 person you could have these all!

Even 2-man huey CAS squad haves onboard thermals and lazing system at their disposal.

And 1-man trans should really combine with the APC squad if posible, since they both do the same job; transport and support.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Fri 18 Nov - 20:48:28

yes but cas huey have no use for spotter since cas huey always have to move.

kiowa is great with a spotter.

and about the apc and transport in same squad is a bad idea since apc is for close support with there guns. transport huey or chinook dont have any guns at all so they cant support anything. the only chopper that is able to support infantry is blackhawk but that is not allowed to NwA servers.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Fri 18 Nov - 20:52:01

Choppas support with crates and APC`s with guns. They could do well in same squad. Also the FLIR is usefull for spotting any AA/lazing main target when attacking general area.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Fri 18 Nov - 21:10:51

Yes, but then you get mumble conflicts. If I want an APC on the ground to suppress that building at so-and-so but out of local mumble range, It'd be a ballache to ask the Chopper pilot SL to then talk to his driver/gunner to do it, who has to land to place a marker on the grid requested, and likewise if you wanted a pickup from the huey when you've got to go through the APC SL.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Fri 18 Nov - 22:29:05

You stupid little people beleave anything that the media tells to you! Dont you get it whitout folium hats you will be BRAINWASHED?!?! (You can order them at www.tarraconspiracyitsthefeds.com for 100 bucks each)

Really thats not big problem, ofcource it will slow down the info a bit but not drasticly.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Fri 18 Nov - 23:24:37

That "Slow down" Can be a make-or-break moment. Many, MANY times I've been saved by a last-minute Hellfire/Hydra volley on intense maps like Muttrah, even a sniper on some parts.

It's not the most major thing, but.. some people just can't/don't want to SL, if there's a squad space then I don't see a problem, but If I have 3~4 people needing a squad leader, I'll ask if a space can be made for an infantry squad.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Fri 18 Nov - 23:56:39

I think it will never happend that apcs and transport choppers have to be in the same squad. it will never happend because its like voodoo says. it will be hard to communicate with the apc or transchopper.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 19 Nov - 0:16:36

1 man locked squad is against server rules! No matter what you are doing. If you are flying Blackhawk on US Kokan maybe this is ok? if you r a one man locked sniper this is a big no no! if you are a one man locked cas huey on muttrah maybe this is ok? if you are a one man locked squad squad you r sa no no hope this helps
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Sat 19 Nov - 1:16:12

sometimes but its rare trans choppers is allowed to have a solo squad because sometimes even 1 transchopper wont get something to do. but I think an admin have to approve to the solo squad of trans chopper.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthgato Sat 19 Nov - 4:32:02

Tarranauha200 wrote:And 1-man trans should really combine with the APC squad if posible, since they both do the same job; transport and support.

No. Just no. When I get the Blackhawk in Kokan for example I want to be alone in my squad. I want to place down my own move markers and I don't want my comms to have to go through a busy APC crew or having to relay information to them (even more now when only the SL has comms with other SLs, SMs can't anymore with new mumble). And I don't want people coming into my squad, taking kits and annoying me.
Stealthgato
Stealthgato

Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger_6 Sat 19 Nov - 7:56:34

I would personally allow some one man locked squads, for instance if there are two choppers and it's best that one stays grounded as a reserve and also mitigate quicker ticket loss.
Danger_6
Danger_6

Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 19 Nov - 8:34:08

I agree with Stealth! nice to see you btw Stealth its been awhile! i have lost [3dAC] Teamspeak so if its not to much to ask could you pm me the info again please?
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Sat 19 Nov - 8:56:09

Danger_6 wrote:I would personally allow some one man locked squads, for instance if there are two choppers and it's best that one stays grounded as a reserve and also mitigate quicker ticket loss.

I beleave kop banned two person on kashan for this, they were using only one CAS chopper and not letting anyone in their squad.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger_6 Sat 19 Nov - 9:04:11

Tarranauha200 wrote:
Danger_6 wrote:I would personally allow some one man locked squads, for instance if there are two choppers and it's best that one stays grounded as a reserve and also mitigate quicker ticket loss.

I beleave kop banned two person on kashan for this, they were using only one CAS chopper and not letting anyone in their squad.

That is Kashan however. I understand his reasoning there. It's a large map and having assets on the battlefield is KEY to each team.

Having 1 trans chopper grounded is completely different. (for Kokan)
Danger_6
Danger_6

Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 19 Nov - 9:07:34

Tarra you just gotta use your Noodle!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Sat 19 Nov - 9:10:20

One man locked sqs are allowed when for example kokan the Blackhawk.

Admin decision is final

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Sat 19 Nov - 9:34:52

Well, it seems that everyone haves their own opinion about this.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Bemetson Sat 19 Nov - 10:27:34

Ofcourse everyone has their own point of view in this :D

9 squads, 32 players:

Alpha: INF - 6
Bravo: INF - 6
Charlie: APC - 4
Delta: APC/Tank - 4
Echo: Sniper - 1
Foxtrot: Mortar - 2
Golf: CAS - 2
Hotel: Trans - 1
India: ??? - 6

9 squads, 32 players. You do the math. And if there are too many singlemanlockedsquads, use !r to bother vincent to resign someone :D:D
Bemetson
Bemetson

Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Sat 19 Nov - 11:17:16

everyones opinion always sayd that 1 man squads could be allowed tarra.

on big maps I love to not see a sniper squad. when we need as much infantry running around.

ExeTick

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Sat 19 Nov - 11:25:22

Tara I hope you realize every admin will take it into consideration how many free (untaken) squads there are versus how many 1 one man locked/unassigned players there are. As admins we try to do what's best and we do this by reviewing things on a case by case basis. The rule remains because it gives something that is enforceable in the event that there are a lot of one man locked squads, it would look bad if we start enforcing non existing rules wouldn't it?

Truth is it is up to the discretion of the admin on duty. I will only start disbanding one man lock squads if space is needed. I will certainly take into account if that person is a pilot etc.

I hope this explains why it is important for the rule to remain.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sat 19 Nov - 13:10:53

Yup, Some situations there can (And sometimes needs) to be a 1 man locked squad, so many times on Muttrah (It happens the most, hence why It's my primary example, but other maps suffer) do I see full vehicle squads, but no-one makes infantry, so the 3/4 hueys now have zilch to do, when even just one might get bored of waiting for tasks, the APC's have no infantry to cover/ give them intel, which makes the APC's inefficient. :/
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down