*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay

+9
Bl0ke91
kopite73
speedhound1-WYD-
Naytdawg
capitan
Xxghost87xX
kerrermanisNL
Viglen
Da-Fort
13 posters

Go down

Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay Empty Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay

Post by Da-Fort Tue 16 Aug - 20:20:22

For those who haven't watched the trailer yet, feast your eyes!

As always, click on the video and go directly to YouTube to watch it in 1080p fullscreen.

+1 Jets

I'm not completely sure about the choppers, if they use the same system like BC2 I'll be dissapointed.
I also saw the pilot spot enemy fighters, that means that they are still using the socialize button and with it tagging.
Fighters also seem a tad bit on the slow side but that might just be me.

I wonder what kind of jets we will be able to use. Hopefully a single person fighter and a dual bomber.

Other than that BF3 is gearing up to be a really enjoyable game.
I'm not sure if you guys have been looking at the squad names but I see "Noken" quite a lot.
Makes me wish I made a series of funny Battlefield videos.

Last edited by Da-Fort on Tue 16 Aug - 22:24:17; edited 1 time in total
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay Empty Re: Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay

Post by Viglen Tue 16 Aug - 21:37:04

Jaw = floor
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay Empty Re: Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 16 Aug - 21:52:15

Yeah pretty impressive, and no it's not just you who find the planes slow. But what can they do, its not like they have a small country available to fight on ;P

I find this particular map quite interesting looking, especially if it is for conquest. I just hope that they don't follow BC2 and make every damn conquest map just a straight line of flags because that really sucks.. But I still have hope because karkand is also in BF3, and that isnt in a straight line. So here's hoping!
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 16 Aug - 22:02:46

I thought the jets in BF2 were fast and they were on fairly small maps.
I wonder if they are going to keep using the AAA canons or maybe use the AA emplacements. Probably the former.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xxghost87xX Tue 16 Aug - 22:17:34

I made a mess
Xxghost87xX
Xxghost87xX
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Tue 16 Aug - 22:41:12

Looks awesome. Commo rose confirmed for PC :D

KM Troedsson
Oh BTW, like I just confirmed in my first interview: There will be a commo rose on PC in #BF3 but it's not in the build shown at #GamesCom.

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 16 Aug - 23:29:02

Awesome! I loved the commo rose! This is really great news for me Razz
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Tue 16 Aug - 23:42:09

Looks too pretty to be a battlefield :(

If it was any good we would all be playing bc2 wouldn't we!?
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Wed 17 Aug - 1:41:20

good point well put Nayt.

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Wed 17 Aug - 9:47:10

its good bc2 but its good if you like to stay alive for approx 1 min,

these games are great untill you get used to the pace of PR and the tacticle side of games not just run shoot run shoot die

dont get me wrong ill buy it ill play it but i will probaly hate it too lol

it will be the type of game ya play alone but we will see what its like it looks like too much going on to enjoy.
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay Empty Vanilla again?

Post by Bl0ke91 Wed 17 Aug - 10:04:32

I agree with kopite because I think that playing BF3 after Reality will only bring disappointment...

Because BF2 was "action based" I (fortunately) ended up playing this more balanced reality mod.
I guess I'll miss the teamplay and cohesion and just go back to a vanilla gaming with teamkilling players and vehicle stealers.

Good chance i'll play it for a while, but I stick to reality.
Solution: PR2 (Based on BF3 Wink)
Bl0ke91
Bl0ke91

Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 17 Aug - 10:39:46

Im not gonna lie, I've had a lot of great times playing hardcore mode BC2 with a squad of mates. The game is far from perfect, and yea, is a completely different experience from PR. But I like both styles, BF3 looks to have a bit of both BC2 and BF2 in it, and that can't be a bad thing.

If you play BF3 expecting PR style gameplay, you will definitely be disappointed! There is a reason there are only a few 100 people playing PR, it's not for everyone (or even most people). Your average person just isnt interested in realism/slower paced gameplay.

I love PR, but sometimes I just wanna sprint around and shoot people in the face Razz so i can't wait for this

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 17 Aug - 13:28:38

Had a quick look at the Jet's part with are Kev this morning!

SHITE!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Wed 17 Aug - 14:15:24

just watched... AWSUM!
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Wed 17 Aug - 14:25:58

N.B. PR2 won't be based on BF3
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Wed 17 Aug - 15:48:41

No SDK for BF3. This is probably old news but I want to nip all false hope in the bud. Their statement was "Our engine is too difficult".
I thought the Crysis engine was too difficult but people seem to be able to make mods for it.

Here is a link from moddb.

To be honest, it does take a lot of effort and money to make a decent SDK. It is just not something you make in a couple of days. As long as no 3rd party programs have been used it can be done but setting up a comprehensive manual and thumbing things down will take months. In the interview it stated that an SDK was not their concern. Hopefully they will outsource the work to someone to actually make one.

For all you conspiracy theorists, you can just blame it on EA for planning DLC.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Wed 17 Aug - 16:05:00

I read somewhere that they might release mod support after a couple of years.. Which gives me hope. Not sure if this was actually from someone from bf 3 though
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 17 Aug - 16:09:52

It's hardly a conspiracy theory; Yes, it is not simple to put out an SDK and the related documentation (modders create a lot of this themselves anyway). But it is hardly 'too difficult'. They mean to say, it is not cost effective. It'll cost them money to support the mod community, rather than making money from DLC. (I would think (unfounded) that the DLC income from consoles alone would cover the cost of development)

Our engine is too difficult
There is nothing super human about the devs at DICE. Yes they may have been using their internal SDK/tools for a while, but there is nothing stopping modders learning this. It may be difficult, but it is clearly possible if DICE can manage it.

I did read somewhere some believable excuses for a lack of mod tools, due to the rendering and engine pipeline being extremely complex, meaning levels/models etc cannot be compiled in a reasonable time by the average desktop machine. How much truth is in this I do not know.

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Wed 17 Aug - 18:32:59

capitan wrote:I did read somewhere some believable excuses for a lack of mod tools, due to the rendering and engine pipeline being extremely complex, meaning levels/models etc cannot be compiled in a reasonable time by the average desktop machine. How much truth is in this I do not know.

Nail on the head right there. I can you tell you that it is true - I know a couple of lads working for EA, one directly involved with DICE - so it's exceptionally unlikely that we will see an SDK turn up for BF3 for a very long time, if at all. :(

And the jets do look slow, but think about it. The air space (from that video anyway) looks to be a LOT smaller than that available in BF2, so they've had to slow the jets down a fair whack to make it feasible.

Still looking forward to it regardless peace
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Wed 17 Aug - 18:58:19

Just blame it all on EA, there cack.
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 17 Aug - 23:18:36

SHITE!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down