*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joystick

5 posters

Go down

Joystick Empty Joystick

Post by Robskiet Sun 19 Jun - 12:10:24

I've been kind of interested in the heavy assets in PR these days. Been on the tanks, transport helis, and attack too,

But, I wanna fly a plane Wink I can already with the mouse and keyboard and land. However, it's buttfuck annoying since there is a weird jittery effect when I maneuver the plane. Probably because the ground thrusters are used when I moved the mouse forwards and backwards, which also controls the plane :/

Anyways, was wondering if someone could link me to a good cheap joystick that will let me fly on some bad ass sensitivity Wink
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Joystick Empty Re: Joystick

Post by Nixy23 Sun 19 Jun - 12:17:46

Flying with a joystick is hella hard man Razz I got a not-so-cheap Saitek X58-pro Joystick+Throttle here which I used in previous flight games (such as H.A.W.X. etc) but in PR I just can't get the feel of it. Mainly because you can't set the sensitivity with a joystick it is very hard. In my case, pushing the stick just a millimeter to the right causes my plane (or chopper, which is ten times worse) to make 7 barrel rolls and crash.

if you really wanna try it with a cheaper thing, just for 'teh lulz' be my guest. But overall I feel that with a mouse you have so much more control over the vehicle than with a stick Razz
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sun 19 Jun - 13:01:37

Logitech Attack 3, easy stick. My old stick.
Cyborg X, medium stick with twist function, FOV* controlstick and adjustable grip surfaces and trigger head. My new stick.
(*Field Of View controls is not workin' in PR for some reason.)
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sun 19 Jun - 13:03:31

Nixy23 wrote:Flying with a joystick is hella hard man Razz I got a not-so-cheap Saitek X58-pro Joystick+Throttle here which I used in previous flight games (such as H.A.W.X. etc) but in PR I just can't get the feel of it. Mainly because you can't set the sensitivity with a joystick it is very hard. In my case, pushing the stick just a millimeter to the right causes my plane (or chopper, which is ten times worse) to make 7 barrel rolls and crash.

Maybe you should TURN DOWN YOUR SENSITIVITY on your stick and maybe even in PR......... Wink Do'H! cool:
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sun 19 Jun - 13:07:52

you can turn down the sensitivity usually through the properties on ur control panel or "computer" tab.

. . .. I think
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sun 19 Jun - 13:30:31

I have tried to tune down the sensitivity in my software for the joystick, but that didn't do anything. Changing the sensitivity in-game doesn't do anything either, for some reason. It's already down to 1 o.O
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sun 19 Jun - 13:56:15

Then there is really somethin' wrong with your software to the stick, perhaps a reinstall could fix it?
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 19 Jun - 14:17:17

You FOV stick or HAT switch dose work in PR you need to set the control for it in vBF2 then it will carry over to PR. Some things on the joystick wont set when trying to apply them within PR but do in vanilla.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sun 19 Jun - 15:05:08

Yes, the HAT switch works but not like other games where it is a independent look thingy control thingy somethin'.
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 19 Jun - 15:35:40

get joy to key then set keys to view you want. then assigne the joystick button to that key eg if you set number pad 6 to look rear in a jet in game then set the hat up to number pad 6 in joy to key. the pressing hat up is the same as pressing number pad 6 then in game you get the rear view.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidMiloBoom Sun 19 Jun - 17:04:19

Logitech Attack 3 FTW, my current joystick
DavidMiloBoom
DavidMiloBoom
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member