*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC Tips

+4
bJN.uk
blip2
sugnat
DRodders
8 posters

Go down

APC Tips Empty APC Tips

Post by DRodders Wed 27 Apr - 23:12:57

I'm trying to learn how to use the APC effectively on singleplayer, although this is of course a lot different to online. So I was wondering if any of you guys had some good tips for me, so that I don't embarrass myself and annoy my team online!
DRodders
DRodders

Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

APC Tips Empty Re: APC Tips

Post by sugnat Wed 27 Apr - 23:42:18

Constant coms, with your other half..plus listen to your infantry SL's they sometimes have a better picture of the enemy movement than you
sugnat
sugnat

Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by blip2 Thu 28 Apr - 0:03:32

- Keep your eyes open (look behind you), chances are there is going to be a gary there!
- Watch your ammo
- APCs should support and transport infantry - mumble is essential and when you can pull off a successful insertion, covering fire and retreat after destroying the cache its awesome - points aren't bad either!
blip2
blip2

Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Thu 28 Apr - 0:43:56

In my opinion, both the gunner and the driver should be in the SL channel on mumble, as they can both relay important information to the rest of the team.

If driving, constantly be on the look out - if you are stopped so your gunner can take a shot, or cover an advance somewhere, don't look the same way. Scan the horizons behind and to the side of you, stop someone sneaking up.

Use what you have, and use it well. I see no end of APCs coming into close quarters to try and pick up a squad and get them out of there ASAP, but fail miserably. If you need to evac a squad, make it clear which way you are coming in, which way you will go out, and exactly how long you will stop for (this should be no more than 5 seconds). It's the Infantry's role to make sure they are ready, not yours. Use smokes as you come to cover the infantry movement, get in, and get out ASAP.

If you're the gunner, don't be afraid to tell the driver what to do. Most of the time he'll be looking the other way so isn't aware of what you can see or are trying to shoot. If he needs to move that extra inch pass a tree so you can see clearer, you damn well tell him!

If you see someone with an RPG on a rooftop, but ducking down behind a wall, it's better to use up ammunition in keeping him pinned down rather than giving him half a chance to pop up and take the shot - you have a lot of rounds, don't be afraid to use more than you normally would in order to get the job done!

Work in pairs. A lot of people would probably disagree with me on this, but I find it's always better on insurgency maps to have two APCs, at least, group together and work as a single unit carrying around troops. We did this the other day on Karbala. It involved two APCs, the Crow, one Kiowa, the MBT, and three infantry squads (one with a logi and HUMV). We won the round and had under 40 deaths, with a full server. When you work as a team, you win. It's simple really.

closed
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gijohn2 Thu 28 Apr - 8:33:11

Was that the game where i was in the tank ? If so that game was brilliant!

But yeah basically what BJN said , When ever i am the driver i constantly look around all the time , As for some reason insurgent cars dont make any noise? Shocked
gijohn2
gijohn2

Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DRodders Thu 28 Apr - 9:17:10

Some great tips, thanks guys :)
DRodders
DRodders

Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Thu 28 Apr - 12:29:02

I have awesome APC awareness skills when driving. I don't know how many times I've re-checked my combat-awareness and thought "this is gonna end bad". Then the gunner screams "forward! Here!. Stop!" and then kabooom.dead.
Listen to your gunner, but keep your apc safe.
Follow bJN.uk's post and you should be grand.

USE MUMBLE, COORDINATE, WORK WITH INF, WORK WITH OTHER ASSETS, TRANSPORT, ect.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 28 Apr - 16:21:53

retreat often, your more use to your team if you have to disappear for a couple of mins rather than 20 mins.

if the hull hasn't come to a steady rest the driver should switch seats for 2 secs, the hull should settle after that.

the driver is more useful staying in the vehicle, a dead driver is a useless APC.

all APC main guns overheat very quickly, become very strict with your rate of fire, with smaller calibers reload as often as you can, never waste an RTB opportunity.

don't use HEAT rounds on any insurgent vehicle AP only, remember this, it will save you.

some ATGM's need a stationary vehicle to use, using the BRDM spandrill AT4 is quite an art, be very patient, spam the missiles and you will be rewarded.

most APC heat rounds splash your fallen victims to dead dead very quickly, usefull if the squad your engaging has a usefull medic.

most (all?) hand held AT missiles and grenades have a minimum arming distance, if the fighting has got up close and personal, get closer still !!! retreat only when enemy is all dead.

miracles and teamwork DO happen, stay with your tracked vehicle and wait for a logi, mumble squad leader channel has made this once rare and beautiful thing more commonplace.

work with infantry, this can be very rewarding but only if there is mutual respect, if the infantry squad see's you just as a way to get a few more kills until you die leave them to their own fate.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE YOU DROP AMMO CRATES !!!!!! DO NOT SPAM THEM ALL OVER THE BATTLEFIELD !!!!!, you will be hoisted by your own petard

its your APC, if you have been requested to pick up a squad in a hot zone YOU leave when YOU need to, sod the stupid squad leader who spams WAIT WAIT !!

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Viglen Fri 20 May - 10:10:33

picking up what speed said about the spandrel this is why you have to wait a few seconds to fire Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELDie1b6C90&feature=related
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down