*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-spam topic

+10
Orford
ukVandal
deano-uk
Jay Scott
Daze
Xazper
Recon
Robskiet
MasterG
hitmanrules
14 posters

Go down

Anti-spam topic Empty Anti-spam topic

Post by hitmanrules Sat 15 Jan - 0:31:10

Was playing today as SL for a fair while and kinda got real fed up toward the end. Due to the amount of spam on voip and the amount of spam for me on SL, orders were not being heard or misunderstood and people misrepresented my silence on voip with indecision when in fact I was coordinating with the rest of the squads.i'll admit my sound levels arent properly done yet so mumble is loud and voip quiet but can we plz keep the bullshit to a minimum when we're fighting cos i'm abit tired of getting killed on my own then having my squad turn up 30seconds later,because they missed my order, then get killed because we didnt cover each other properly or missed some key information because people were talking about the weather, or some other thing that I have no interest in at that current moment. I know this is abit of a rant cos im annoyed, but just tired of people constantly talking and giving me useless information when i'm trying be organise not just my squad but the other squads aswell.
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Anti-spam topic Empty Re: Anti-spam topic

Post by MasterG Sat 15 Jan - 0:54:33

HEARD! and sorry for leaving earlier mate, Rage quit, to much "sh!t" on the comms.
PeacE!
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmanrules Sat 15 Jan - 0:58:43

don't worry gman, i think we can all say that there was too much going on in the comms and it was pissing us off, normally i dont rant like this, but ill admit...PR broke me tonight...

Btw we actually won that round 1-0 to chinese(even tho im whining about it) closest round ever! good play from the Americans(which added to the frustration).

Anti-spam topic Screen000l
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sat 15 Jan - 1:13:44

Cool cool and yes, waaaay to much sh!t on the comms..

SWEET! Win by 1 ticket.. Only tried that once before.. hehe.
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sat 15 Jan - 1:17:03

Hey yeah Master G, no hard feelings for tonight. It was a s**t box lol. hopefully we can have a good game later.

Honestly though, our tactics were very flawed getting the estate.

Fallujeah, I had fun, however, the team was horribely coordinated.

O well, this happens. I lost a bit of my soul tonight too Razz

And, I'll be more quiet on comms myself.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon Sat 15 Jan - 3:19:24

it was pretty fun do lol

Recon

Registration date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sat 15 Jan - 8:23:09

MasterG wrote:Cool cool and yes, waaaay to much sh!t on the comms..

SWEET! Win by 1 ticket.. Only tried that once before.. hehe.

Hah! I can top that. I've LOST on Muttrah with gues what; 0 (ZERO, null zip, nill) tickets! Don¨t think I have the screeny any more though.

And on topic:
Yeah I often find myself just about to ask "Now what?" when I remember "oh right he's probably coordinating on mumble, I'll shut up". When I squadlead myself though and it takes more than a few seconds I usually tell my squad "Hang on guys orders coming up" or something to let them know why we're sitting still.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Daze Sat 15 Jan - 9:58:04

well i would have asked them so stop talking crap, that usually works if you ask them, other wise you can always kick from your squad the ppl who it was

Last edited by thedaze on Sat 15 Jan - 10:41:06; edited 1 time in total
Daze
Daze
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 15 Jan - 10:10:16

If am looking for a serious game... i always lock the squad and only let players who i no and are experienced players in.

On Muttrah we did have a decent squad just the 1 pubber who was abit ov a chatterbox and rob gets egged on pretty easy. I think my pizza turned up at the right time last night. Razz
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Sat 15 Jan - 12:06:36

hey man dont know if i pissed ya off last nite sry if i did, i know what ya mean tho most of the time i cannot hear orders or intel coz voip sucks big time, a 2 channel mumble wud eliminate this would it not?. when the s**t hits the fan the last thing you need is for peeps to be talkin to much,ok if your calling out targets or that your injured/down thats fine but not when your tryin to concentrate on the task at hand. on another note "cough" rob "cough" stealth is a necessity if ya movin in to cap a flag or defence position the last thing ya want is to be seen, not havin a dig jus my thoughts sorry for the long post peace
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmanrules Sat 15 Jan - 12:52:59

nah wasn't mad at anyone in particular just got abit stressed with people talking at me all the time either on SL or Voip, i didn't mean to rant, you were a very good squad who have alot of good suggestions on what to do, thing is when the bullets start flying we cant have 3 different people asking me where to go and what to do which is where we fell short, and i think that was my shortcomings as a SL, i didn't take charge, there was alot of indecision and I didnt ask for comms silence or get them at the right levels so I could hear people clearly. next time I will sort that out
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sat 15 Jan - 13:05:33

deano-uk wrote:hey man dont know if i pissed ya off last nite sry if i did, i know what ya mean tho most of the time i cannot hear orders or intel coz voip sucks big time, a 2 channel mumble wud eliminate this would it not?. when the s**t hits the fan the last thing you need is for peeps to be talkin to much,ok if your calling out targets or that your injured/down thats fine but not when your tryin to concentrate on the task at hand. on another note "cough" rob "cough" stealth is a necessity if ya movin in to cap a flag or defence position the last thing ya want is to be seen, not havin a dig jus my thoughts sorry for the long post peace
Yeah no worries, I understand last night wasn't my best game. It was a whole bunch of factors that night that just put stress on all of us. I'll take that in note. Hopefully we can have a better game tonight.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sat 15 Jan - 13:09:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3dUfykR-_g
OLOLOL. Applicable to last nighjt?
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Sat 15 Jan - 14:22:43

As SL u are god to the 5 guys under your command. If comms are busy or fucked up noisy take control tell em all to stfu. If that dont work immediately kick em from the sqd even clan members, it's wot I would do.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Sat 15 Jan - 14:57:00

yo rob wasnt havin a go like i said, jus people take this game very seriously the only thing that bothered me was when we were movin in, i was ducked behind a hill and i had 2 nme in my sights then you ran across that perticular hill giving away our position to which then we started taking fire. i think your a great team player and know how to play the game well ,its the little things that win the game again jus my thoughts
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 15 Jan - 16:51:53

Fook yeh Vandal is mint when all of a suddent you get a "FOOKIN CLEAR NET" on the mumble SL channel.

As for 2 channel mumble only noobs who dont know when to stfu use 2 channel. SL`s channel for SL`s one for each side and a channel for every one else. If your in a fire fight DONT USE MUMBLE. Pass it up the chain of command. If your squad is broken up use voip first so your SL knows whats going on. Then if its safe use mumble to talk to your fireteam mate.

As a dad of 4 and often as a SL I have now got the skill set to filter out what is for me and what isnt I hear every thing but only remember what I need to know. The other night there was 5 sl`s in mumble and ppl in TS and my squad in voip. It is a head f**k but you got to get into it. Filter the info forget the BS. If some one is talking about the weather and what he had for tea then kick him out the squad or get one of the *NwA* mumble admins to kick him off the channel.

From a new member to a senior admin if the SL tells you to STFU as a squad member you do it. Otherwise dont bother playing.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sat 15 Jan - 17:36:27

Yeah I know your not don't worry, part of last night was my fault, and for the benifit of everyone, I'll be making sure that doesn't happen again. Razz
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Sat 15 Jan - 18:39:52

yo orford the only reason i suggested a 2 channel mumble setup was because i cant hear peeps on voip, i even have it it all the way up but mumble comes in as as clear as day sorry for the confusion peace
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 15 Jan - 19:47:25

If you alt tab out the game and lower your mumble volume in the windows sound settings and up your BF2 voulume until you get a good balance. I had to do this to get a good level between mumble PR and TS3.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Sat 15 Jan - 19:54:37

The windows mixer is your freind!

For mumble goto windows sound options (playback divices) on the task bar

then communications tab

then select DO NOTHING

Otherwise windows reduces all other noises to make mumble fit in :/

Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmanrules Sat 15 Jan - 21:30:17

yea it's true you get some idiots spamming in 2 channelm it's the same for 1 channel however people who spam get killed easier, but it's much easier to communicate as a squad when you can hear what direction your friends are in. using mumble should be a beneficial thing imo not count against your teamwork as a unit otherwise why use it? for the fun of not using it? come to think of it, i do enjoy not using a voice program :S . just my swing on things
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Sat 15 Jan - 22:41:56

ok, i just ended round, yeah mumbles noisy, but best bet, assign a mutekey, or just alt tab :)
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Sat 15 Jan - 23:12:45

spam spam spam just thought it was missing a bit of spam
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 15 Jan - 23:28:06

Kop plz get rid ov the fat fooker in your sig lol he is orrible man Razz

( looks like the fat thing from Blade 1 )
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CopyCat Mon 17 Jan - 21:46:00

As I am member of PRTA I am therefor encouraged to use pubbie squads (Squads filled with public players) but man do I feel with you Hitman. I've played for a while PR I enjoyed it every time and, when I play with pubbies or in pubbie squads. But when I lead myself, or for example Ziriix which is the only one that actually I do trust mostly. That thanks to my knowledge of his skills and his fast mind of simulating a scenario in his head, which turns out always working, tho I re edit it sometime :D. Anyway people reject us, people say we play our game, people says we don't do for any jizzle out in the jungle...

I anyway love to play a squad full of infantry only with those who I trust to open my back for, because I know, that guy ain't gonno let my back stay open. And now everyone knows why we are fed up after so long time playing with people who's there not to enjoy the highlight of teamwork and communication.

/CC

CopyCat

Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Sat 22 Jan - 16:04:49

Now exactly what you mean. That's why I hardly ever go SL. I s**t my pants with rage before anyone listens.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down