*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delta has a problem...

4 posters

Go down

Delta has a problem... Empty Delta has a problem...

Post by Delta Tue 21 Dec - 22:16:49

right so yesterday for no apparent reason my PC starts blue screening like mad (within 5 mins of me booting it up) and then when it is supposed to reboot it doesnt, monitor says "No Signal", and Caps Lock, Num Lock, etc lights dont light up on keyboard, so it takes about 3-4 on and off's with the power button for it to come back on, anyway keeps blue screening more and more often and takes longer and longer before i can get the lights to light and screen to show something, but when it does always says System Boot Failure then either F1 for Setup or F2 for normal config (or words similar), keeps deterierating and now it refuses to ever come on, no matter how many on and off's (I sat thert for an hour and a half going on, nothing, off, on, nothing, off, etc), no matter how long I leave it either on or off, no matter when i plug the monitor on (ie press power button, leave for 5mins then plug in screen or have it plugged in straight from the go).

Anyone got any ideas - been reading a bit on t'internet and read it could be mobo, PSU or RAM, but i dont have any spare ram to try, the only PSU is in my parents PC (woe betide me if i go near that), and their PC has a DDR3 and AM3 mobo whereas mine is DDR2 and AM2+.

Full Specs if this helps:

mobo: Asus M3A32-MVP Delux (non wifi)
RAM : 1x2Gb DDR2 RAM, no make just bog standard stuff
PSU: OCZ 700W Stealth Xtreme
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition
GFX: ATi 4870 1Gb
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Delta has a problem... Empty Re: Delta has a problem...

Post by Naytdawg Tue 21 Dec - 22:50:07

If your brave, unplug stuff one at a time. Take a stick of ram out, take the other, take the soundcard out. Etc, until it gets it to work, your local to me no? No good by next Monday I'll help, if i can

Oh and I've still got my old ddr2 ram and psu
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Zer0 Wed 22 Dec - 3:53:59

Most likely is the PSU whos suplying wrong voltages to components,also the PSU is the one most likely to fail.SO, you really need yo put another psu in your comp to see if is really it.Meanwhile,i suggest to stop starting the computer untill you see iif its the psu or not,because you can dammage components for good(transistors from mobo and so on).
if you pass the psu test, like other said, you need to test components one by one(either by removing them and see if u got BSOD, or putting on another PC to see if they got blue screen).

PS did you check if CPU fan and video card fan are working?
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Wed 22 Dec - 11:45:56

yeah i checked all the fans are working, thing is i can't actually get a boot out of it so im not gona know if things are working until it boots if that makes sense. Am gona try with my parents PC's PSU and see what happens then

yeah i'm in Bury St Edmunds Nayt so closer than everyone else lol

UPDATE: right so my parents PC's PSU has only one 4 pin power output to the CPU and only one 4 pin PCI-E for GFX Card whereas my CPU has 2x4pin outputs and my GFX Card has 2x 4pin PCI-E, anyone got any ideas?
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zer0 Wed 22 Dec - 22:14:06

my north bridge supply has 2X4 pins wich i use only 1,also my gfx has 2X4 power pins and i use only 1. take a wild guess. Low is good.More is catastrophic in voltage world.
anyway...on CPU supply make sure colour cables are corresponding( between you PSu and parent's).
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Wed 22 Dec - 22:29:18

hey man i had similar probs, but my pc just died one evening got a mate to check it out swapped the psu and would boot but slower than usual. after fiddling with other bits and bobs found that my mobo was on its way out too, the lad that helps me build my pc's came down and was like pressin the on off switch multiple times sumtimes it would boot and sumtimes not but eventually stopped booting at all changed my mobo and kerching worked first time this prob dont help so sry for the rambling
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Thu 23 Dec - 13:57:14

it does help, its exactly what mine is doing, i think it may be the mobo which is a pain cos then do i get another old AM2+ and DDR2 mobo or fork out for a AM3 and DDR3 mobo plus new CPU and ram :S
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Thu 23 Dec - 14:30:37

right, another update: apparently my mobo, PSU and CPU are still under manufacturers warrenty so gona send my PC back to the shop and they are gona check it and replace the broken part(s), hopefully without me paying anything (other than postage)

however, this means that from around Jan 10th I wont be on until i get my pc back
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 23 Dec - 15:00:58

Result on the warranty!! Shame bout the time off :/
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Thu 23 Dec - 15:09:51

yh it sucks but at least i dont have to pay anything :)
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Fri 24 Dec - 22:36:00

good to hear hopefully will be sorted soon, so ya can get back on pr :)
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down