*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Problem...

5 posters

Go down

Serious Problem... Empty Serious Problem...

Post by devilhawk Tue 18 Aug - 12:24:54

I got my new mobo and CPU (ASUS m3n78 and phenom 6500 x4), installed them. then i started up windows again and no display was bieng shown on screen, the computer was running normaly( no beeping or s**t like that), but there was no display what so ever on the monitor... afterwords i put back in my shity athlon 64 and there was a display again... me and my dad tryed putting the phenom into his computer (diff GPU and CPU) and it also had the same effect... so after some thinking we put the phenom back in mine and switched to the intergrated graphics on the board, and it showed display, so this could only mean therres something wrong with the graphics card right? but my dads is a diff one and did the same so i dont quite know what to do, i think the processor isnt connecting or sending data to my 8800 or somthing like that, the web has been no use at all and theres nothing else i can think to do... if u have any ideas i would love to hear them please, would be usefull

thanks

BTW my mobo is socket am2+ so it isnt anything to do with that, and i reformatted.. that also did nothing..

devilhawk

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Serious Problem... Empty Re: Serious Problem...

Post by Metal.G3ar.So1id Tue 18 Aug - 13:07:48

I got an idea lol

Scrap the pc u r building, go intel, and evidia graphics, and you don't jave this problem : /

but seriously, it is the processor conflicting with something, maybe it has issues untill it has correct bios updates needed for that type of processor on any motherboard it can work on. And maybe 64bit operating system is needed, and maybe the both graphics cards did not display anything when running on both pc's becuase the processor was not running correctly due to a bios update?

I had a similar problem with a cpu a few years ago, crazy shi* was happening, i booted of onboard graphics, got onto windows, instealled bios firmware for a new type of cpu, and this solved the problem, my pci-express card worked fine, if this doesn't solve the problem then I don't know what will, I'd reccomend sending them back and going intel. Becuase when I had a similar problem is was ati + amd i was with

Metal.G3ar.So1id
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Tue 18 Aug - 16:37:55

U cannot just change the mobo and cpu and expect to just switch it back on. You need to do a fresh install of windows.

When windows installs it rights whats known as the IRQ table and sets the mobo chipset and memory controller of the mobo into the operating system. So basically your windows thinks its still running on your old mobo and looking for the componants that was plugged in to it ie sound graphics etc etc Windows may attempt to sort its self out but it never works as well as it could. Also all your drivers would of installed certain things spacific to your CPU and mobo some cpu`s have diffrent instruction sets and arcatecture than others. So if your graphics card gets the CPU to do alot of the work for desktop and 2D aplications then it will fail until your have a clean install.

new mobo may have your g-fix on IRQ 8 and the old mobo it could of been on IRQ 10. So windows would of done its nut until it found one.

You would get away with installing a new HDD |DVD-rom, sound card, grafix card, memory stick. But not Mobo and cpu that is the hart and soul of the PC mess with them and windows throws a fit.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Tue 18 Aug - 16:50:32

jus to point out that ati + amd work fine, im running an asus M3A32 mobo, AMD Phenom 9950 BE, and a ATi 4870 1Gb and everything runs fine on all OS's (XP, Vista, Win7, linux) etc

point 2, yeah agree with orford defo needs new install after putting new mobo and cpu in, if i put anything new in my pc i always do a format and re-install, even if it aint needed jus makes things run better i find
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Tue 18 Aug - 17:03:40

AIT and AMD are now one and the same AMD bought ATI a year or so ago. AMD now make all the GPU`s for the ATI range.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 18 Aug - 17:22:54

have you checked that you bus speed and voltage are set correctly in the bios to work with the CPU..
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Tue 18 Aug - 17:50:01

Will, i have reformatted mate, it was in the post.

and its got to be something to do with the phenom cuase i could run the graphics card when i put in the athlon 64.. so?

have tryed nearly everything now. getting hopeless, i cant play with these f*****g intergrated bollocks grphics..

devilhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 18 Aug - 18:12:38

different cpu's might need different bios setting. u cant just change the CPU and hope that the same settings will work.
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Tue 18 Aug - 18:18:58

if the motherboard supports the CPU then it should automaticley change any settings if needed right ? how would i change manualy

devilhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal.G3ar.So1id Tue 18 Aug - 20:17:19

No, the cpu may be suported on ur motherboard, same socket bla bla bla,

But that doesn't mean that its goona work straight away

Like i sais i had similar problem with myn, I get the right bios update for the specific CPU and it worked nice.

Usually go onto your MOTHERBOARd website and it should has the bios update for the exact same cpu, this is always the case with intel motherboards, probly will be same for you.

I'm like 90% sure it is your bios that needs updating, these cpu's that come out in last 2 years, have alot of problems when first installed, and bios updates fixes these problems, try it.

Metal.G3ar.So1id
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Tue 18 Aug - 20:26:24

i have updated the bios and there has been no change....

devilhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal.G3ar.So1id Tue 18 Aug - 20:30:50

omg the motherboard i just looked at supports NVIDIA graphics, not ati lol

Your motherboard, is NVIDIA as in nforce series

ati won't run on this atall, unless it specifically said, runs ati & envidia

but by looking at ur model of mobo it doesn't.

VGA

Integrated NVIDIA GeForce®️ 8 Series GPU
Hybrid SLI™️ Support (support Windows®️ Vista only.)
Supports HDMI™️ Technology with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200
Supports DVI with max. resolution up to 1600 × 1200
Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920 × 1440
Supports Microsoft®️ DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.0, Pixel Shader 4.0
Support PCIe 2.0 / 1.0 Architecture
Maximum shared memory of 256MB

THESE DETAILS ARE FORM YOUR MOTHERBOARD, AS U CAN SEE, NO ATI CROSSFIRE ETC ETC.

You have the wrong graphics card for your pc, buy ATI CROSSFIRE MOTHERBOARD INSTEAD, or buy nividia graphics card : )

This is forsure the reason why ur onboard graphics work, and your ati card didn't

Metal.G3ar.So1id
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 18 Aug - 20:36:45

that will be the reason!
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Wed 19 Aug - 14:03:09

lol ye but aint got ATI card lol

im gona try vista though

devilhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down