*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Survey] BIG Arma Game planning

+9
Orford
Birka
Zach
ArcL!ght
kerrermanisNL
Smurf_cfc
Jay Scott
capitan
Snippers
13 posters

Go down

[Survey] BIG Arma Game planning Empty [Survey] BIG Arma Game planning

Post by Snippers Tue 18 Sep - 14:37:00

Hi guys, I would like to organize another big arma game for October, this is a discussion topic not a signup thread. I would appreciate it if you guys took the time to answer these questions:

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see (By this I mean the 'islands' such as clafgan,fallujah,chenarus,takistan,lingor,alibad)?

2)Gamemode preferences (Insurgency/domination/custom missions) inf/cas etc.?

3)Which of these proposed dates would be best for you 6th/13th/20th/27th October/Other (saturdays)?

4)What is the best method of letting you know about events (Forum topic/Forum PM/xfire/steam/teamspeak/email no need to give personal info here just what forms you like)?

5)Is there anything in particular your'd like to see more of?

6)How frequently would you like to play arma events to be? (Daily/Couple of days a week/Weekly/Monthly/Bi-Monthly)

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see (By this I mean the 'islands' such as clafgan,fallujah,chenarus,takistan,lingor,alibad,tropica,spritiz etc.)?
Alibad has some epic terrain and features to offer us and I think it could do us nicely :D

I would to play with more custom missions, and want to work on getting some nice infantry platoon operations working smoothly. I also think the odd TvT game would be fun too.

3)Which of these proposed dates would be best for you 6th/13th/20th/27th October/Other (saturdays)?
At this stage any suit me fine

4)What is the best method of letting you know about events (Forum topic/Forum PM/xfire/steam/teamspeak/email no need to give personal info here just what forms you like)?
I am always reading the forum, so no need to use other means for notifying me

Definitely more platoon operations, and more players :D

6)How frequently would you like to play arma events to be? (Daily/few days a week/Weekly/Monthly/Bi-Monthly)
Weekly would probably suit me best.

Last edited by Snippers on Tue 18 Sep - 15:56:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected dates)

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

[Survey] BIG Arma Game planning Empty Re: [Survey] BIG Arma Game planning

Post by capitan Tue 18 Sep - 15:09:06

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see (By this I mean the 'islands' such as clafgan,fallujah,chenarus,takistan,lingor,alibad)?
Personally, I really struggled performance wise on clafgan. Not a fan of fallujah. Lingor is nice. But no real preference here.
Any mission type is fine. Inf/CAS/Armor involvement is fine. I think we run into problems with doing missions designed for 40+ players. We simply don't have the numbers to be effective in these missions imo. Missions catered to our player count would be preferable. (so 20-30 for big games)
3)Which of these proposed dates would be best for you 8th/15th/22nd/29th October/Other (saturdays)?
Can't really be sure at this time, will make it known in the signup topic. Can't say im a fan of Saturday night....Much more likely to be around on a Sunday afternoon/evening. An earlier start on a sunday would be best imo
Forums is fine.
There is something I'd like to see less of - planning. I appreciate that planning needs to be done and a pat on the back to all you guys who organise and sort this stuff out for us to just turn up and play. However, I don't always have a lot of weekend game time and if I turn up on time for the mission, load in, and sit there for a while, while the SL's/CO have their planning/briefing. That can be a decent chunk of the evening already gone...Couldn't SL's (inf,CAS,whatever) and CO get all this stuff done before the bulk turn up, as some are not as patient as others and it can get noisy/undisciplined. Once we load in, should be ready for a brief from our respective SLs and then go.

What I'd really like to see is a google document outlining the basic plan, each squads job, radios to be taken and the relevant channels etc etc....? I know there is one but that just sorta shows who signed up/what squad they are in. If there was a tab for the plan/setup that would be EPIC. Post it in the signup topic and then everyone can have a read before they turn up/while waiting for s**t to get started and we'll all be 10x more informed.... Feel free to flame if i sound like an entitled c**t!
6)How frequently would you like to play arma events to be? (Daily/Couple of days a week/Weekly/Monthly/Bi-Monthly)
Monthly makes it more of an event and imo, more likely to give better numbers. Maybe a smaller scripted mission weekly/bimonthly.

I may have sounded like a d**k there, the games you lot have organised have been great and I know you all put alot of hard work into it, so Thanks!

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 18 Sep - 15:38:27

dito

I would like to start leading squads if that would ok with people. That be all.. :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Tue 18 Sep - 15:42:04

Hey Snippers,

We have a match on the 28th Sunday October, so please refrain from planing anything "BIG" on that day lol.

Much appreciated Wink
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 18 Sep - 17:53:48

capitan wrote:Couldn't SL's (inf,CAS,whatever) and CO get all this stuff done before the bulk turn up

Hey capitan, yes on some missions this is possible and we do try to do this when we do a scripted mission. However, what you have to realise is that when we do a domination match the mission/objectives are created randomly and therefor cannot be planned ahead of time.
Previous game we tried to even be quicker with the whole loading in part by using already set up kits. I believe there is still a lot of things we can tweak with this, and when we have it set up correctly it would even save more hassles. Thanks for the feedback!

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see (By this I mean the 'islands' such as clafgan,fallujah,chenarus,takistan,lingor,alibad,tropica,spritiz etc.)?
Anything goes for me

Anything would be fine with me, I get excited when thinking about TvT missions, I think this has got some real potential to be fun and realistic.

Any

I visit the forums every day so that's fine with me. Personally I wouldnt mind getting a mail saying a new arma event is up.

Good use of CAS or assets in general would be sweet. Personally I always prefer infantry though. But it would be sweet to call in CAS as inf.

6)How frequently would you like to play arma events to be? (Daily/few days a week/Weekly/Monthly/Bi-Monthly)
I think the "big" games are fine monthly, it's fine to have more arma events in one month though IMO.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcL!ght Wed 19 Sep - 9:05:24

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see (By this I mean
the 'islands' such as clafgan,fallujah,chenarus,takistan,lingor,alibad)?
No real preferance, but as long as AI doesn't kill me with his x-ray vision through the freaking forest.

I perfer custom missions, mosly inf, but would like to see combined arms operations.

6th, 20th.

4)What
is the best method of letting you know about events (Forum topic/Forum
PM/xfire/steam/teamspeak/email no need to give personal info here just
what forms you like)?
Forum topic/pm, steam/ts/email (that is anything i use)

More eastern style missions. We are constantly doing westerns. Or missions that are in the style of mountain warriors (but unfortunatly it's a solo mission)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfBOKugARY

Bi-monthly suits me best

ArcL!ght

Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Wed 19 Sep - 9:25:01

capitan wrote:Feel free to flame if i sound like an entitled c**t!
[Survey] BIG Arma Game planning Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlaN44T-Bbjwei7-BRe1NHR_z5TMNziLJR2sfwtLy20jySRzIrCQ

Haha, I kid. You brought up some really good points.

Any island is fine with me.

I prefer INS and Domi over most custom missions.

Any one is fine at the moment. The 27th is a bit close to my birthday so I might have some trouble with that one.

Any

5)Is there anything in particular you'd like to see more of?
I would like to see use of armor in support of infantry.

Weekly would be good for me whether it be Big Arma Game or just a 10-20 man mission.

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Birka Wed 19 Sep - 9:35:54

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see (By
this I mean the 'islands' such as
clafgan,fallujah,chenarus,takistan,lingor,alibad)

- Im fine with any.

- INS / Domi

]3)Which of these proposed dates would be best for you 6th/13th/20th/27th October/Other (saturdays)?

- Any of the above SHOULD work

4)What is the best method of letting you know about events
(Forum topic/Forum PM/xfire/steam/teamspeak/email no need to give
personal info here just what forms you like)?

- All works splendid.
5)Is there anything in particular you'd like to see more of?

- Insurgency

- Twice a month or more

And yes, funky colours are funky.
Birka
Birka

Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 19 Sep - 10:10:53

Any map, any time, domi or ins, more CAS and armour if number permitt, if I can make it i'll let you know on the day. If you want me to do a specific role let me know and i'll put 100% effort into making sure im available. Inf for me is dependant on how I feel on the day, flying is in my soul.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Wed 19 Sep - 15:59:44

Iam up for them all :)

Custom missions and domination/patrol ops - not a big fan of insurgency.

should be open on thouse dates.

something that lands in my mail - or just a notification when we join teamspeak :)

I havent been to any nwa arma nights, so all of it would be good to see more of Razz

2 times a month is good with me.
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnScholten Wed 19 Sep - 17:02:22

1)Are there any particular maps you would like to see?

One in which everyone feels home and happy about.

2)Are you the best player we have?

Second best, Birka comes first. And than Shaydee, but Shaydee and I are one.

All of the above as long as on saturdays.

4)What is the best method of letting you know about events?

By telegraph.

Events.

6)How frequently would you like to play arma events to be?

Twice a month/Daily

JohnScholten

Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by F3rit Wed 19 Sep - 18:47:54

1) I like Fallujah but any of them would be fine by me

2) Custom missions and domination

3) any Saturday is fine

4) TeamSpeak / Steam

5) Armour would be nice for support

6) Weekly would be nice
F3rit
F3rit

Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Fri 21 Sep - 11:40:38

1. Maps?

Chernarus, Zargabad. (I like the challenge of the terrain in Clafgan, but I was having problems with the performance of the map view.)

2. Game mode?

Ins., missions, domi.
    Combined arms, inf., and mechanised inf.

3. Dates?

Most should be okay.

4. Event alert method?

Good ol' forum.

5. More of?

Ins. (I know I did miss one, which was my bad, but still. Razz ).

6. Frequency?

Weekly would be good, though fortnightly is ok. I know it's a lot to organise.

deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down