*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAR ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit)

+11
Chris_Kampfgurke
kerrermanisNL
agardunord
DanielViros
Fuggut
Bemetson
[301]Cirav
Jay Scott
Snippers
stormy4528
Da-Fort
15 posters

Go down

AAR  ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit) Empty AAR ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit)

Post by Da-Fort Sat 15 Sep - 23:22:13

The good

The bad

The ugly

Also if you guys have taken any videos please post them here.

*Coming soon post-attempted sleep*
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

AAR  ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit) Empty Re: AAR ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit)

Post by stormy4528 Sun 16 Sep - 8:33:31

the bad and ugly. my computer giving me s**t fps which apparently results in me being a lard arse. this and me not having a long range radio when on overwatch (noone told me we'd work in fireteams, i presumed we'd work in sections therefore only short range radios would work) resulted in a s**t time for my fireteam. i just want to assure that in no way did i deliver bad leadership, it was a result of the s**t events that happened to me that caused it to be a cluster f**k.
stormy4528
stormy4528
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

AAR  ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit) Empty Re: AAR ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit)

Post by Snippers Sun 16 Sep - 9:53:46

Firstly gentlemen thank you all for coming along :), It was great to see you all there!

Objectives completed
- Side mission: Radiotower in mountains destroyed
- Main Mission: Capture town (This objective was bugged, but we elinated all enemies in the town, captured the bunkers and destoryed the towns radio tower)

Transport point of view:
- The inserts and extracts were successful.
- I sadly did lose one chopper: due to high attempting to land at high attlitude, about 30m above ground the blackhawk slammed into the ground, causing the tail rotor to be destroyed. So the chopper started spinning, I was able to land it, but the chopper was heavily damaged. I managed to get a MV-22 up there later to extract Hitman 2.
- Will debrief on comms and initative.

Overall
- Gear and the bugs with them: I am responsible for this, I was testing a new method that would allow us to assign gear before the mission starts. I should have disabled the persistant gear so that your saved gear would have been with you. This caused issues later when it was nighttime as not everyone had NVGs.
- Squad leader comms had improved however I don't know how this would have held out with further units in the areas of operations.
- The intention was to use 10 men sections, and that everyone would be within 343 range. However fireteams were sent much further without 148s. This was due to less sections being commited to the main objective. Hands down Bono had the most stressful job, and the situations a section leader can face don't get much worse than having no comms with your fireteams.
- As a whole I had a good time and particuarly enjoyed the night-time town assaults.

Plan (From my understanding)
- The plan to take out the radiotower was fine and appriotate force was used. Hitman 2 + Scimitar did a good job.
- Too little priority was given to main town objective, it took a rather long time to sieze.
- The radiotower was not focused initally, It would have been more effective to attack from the north and surgerically attack the radiotower, as enemies will continually spawn until it destroyed. This needs to be taken out aggressively, after that the rest can be neutralized at a pace we dictate.
- I personally think that every unit we had should have been tasked with assisting in the direct assault of the main objective, should it turned out it was too easy then redistrubited elements for side mission. Much later, when all units were on the main objective, we saw our greatest successes and advances into the town. The amount of contact was largely underestimated.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 16 Sep - 10:00:12

Squad leaders should of had 117's and Me you Da-fort and Bemetson should of had 148's.

- After Kerre and Bem got shot, Me Capitan and Da-fort sat behind a rock for some time overlooking the huge town. After a few mins we spotted about 50 Taliban running at us.. they came right up on us and fucked us up! o.O

- In my opinion the mission could of went so well it just seemed to me that we was running around like headless chickens.

- We was running in a huge open field with no cover, after all this we managed to link up with Bem.. he shouted to me stick with me or go alone now lets move!! so we all move with bem running directly into about a million taliban? yer you guessed it we got ripped up.

Hopefully you lads on the other side had more fun? I feel this mission was to big of a challange without cas and armour.

My 2c
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 16 Sep - 10:52:16

ooo nice Cirav nice! looks like you boys had a blast.

:)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Bemetson Sun 16 Sep - 11:16:42

Scotty, it was an open area and us getting killed was indeed a chain of unfortunate events, which I wish not to mention in this report, and bad leadership. I was the only person who could reach the building we were heading for. I reckon if every unit would have acted fast and just ran through the woods to the houses we could have made it. Staying too long engaging them from afar would just resulted in tank overwhelming us and taliban infantry moving up to kick our asses, I saw the best to make a run for it.
Bemetson
Bemetson

Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 16 Sep - 11:23:32

Well, my game wasn't as great as everyone elses, nonetheless, I enjoyed it!

The start in the chinook was amazing, then when we landed I couldn't stop laughing at Stormy passing out, though he was carrying 20kg less than me (I was somehow carrying 56kg) then when we got to the top we decided to try and carry him but we couldn't so it involved him passing out 50 times XD

when we got into position in overwatch, we were on our own in terms of comms, but Orford got an amazing AT shot then we opened fire. When the Taliban realised, they came running up the hill which caught us by suprise. I saw a guy running maybe 15m away from us and I was like... Hang on and shot him, turns out a taliban had got to us and was in the middle of us all, lucky no one died.

We then decided to assault the town when Bem's squad got to us, we ran down and -everyone- died apart from Me, Kop and Chris (I think), Kop then got splattered by bullets and they just kept coming at me, I raked up approx 15-16 kills at short range then Chris ( I think) got shot then I got shot running after him
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielViros Sun 16 Sep - 12:17:15

Fuggut wrote:Well, my game wasn't as great as everyone elses, nonetheless, I enjoyed it!

The start in the chinook was amazing, then when we landed I couldn't stop laughing at Stormy passing out, though he was carrying 20kg less than me (I was somehow carrying 56kg) then when we got to the top we decided to try and carry him but we couldn't so it involved him passing out 50 times XD

when we got into position in overwatch, we were on our own in terms of comms, but Orford got an amazing AT shot then we opened fire. When the Taliban realised, they came running up the hill which caught us by suprise. I saw a guy running maybe 15m away from us and I was like... Hang on and shot him, turns out a taliban had got to us and was in the middle of us all, lucky no one died.

We then decided to assault the town when Bem's squad got to us, we ran down and -everyone- died apart from Me, Kop and Chris (I think), Kop then got splattered by bullets and they just kept coming at me, I raked up approx 15-16 kills at short range then Chris ( I think) got shot then I got shot running after him

It was me not chris lol
but ya It was pretty good but then down in the village there was arty hiting as so we ran away to other position and got shot
that was sad :(

DanielViros

Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agardunord Sun 16 Sep - 13:21:38

Hi guys, I Want to thank you for the great arma II evening we ([301]) spent with you NWA guys.

The bad was... my bad !
- I didn't played Arma II and ACE since this spring and was sometimes confused about some control keys, my apologise to John if I sometimes lacked of reactivity...
- some ACRE bugs and wrong settings on my computer disturbed me, especially the fact I could only hear people talking in front of me !!! quite annoying once in a firefight... this is fixed now.
- the only technical issue I don't blame myself is the mobile respawn from teleport wich failed, and the NVG problem.

The good :
- many thanks to Snippers who acted like a mother to me ! bringing me back to the field three times (Blackhawk and nice landing ;-), Osprey and landing in a marsh under fire from the surrounding hills, epic moment, and even with a quad the last time). He even went to the base, getting some NVG and carrying them to me using a quad. I own you a couple of beers mate :-)
- the help provided before the game to insure everybody has the correct updates
- some epic/realistic/funny moments all over the evening wich provided me some very good time
- the warm and friendly atmosphere we encountered on the field.

edit : as I read John's post, I realize I didn't say thnak you to our efficient medic Birka. You rocked as healing us, including explanations as you performed enforcing immersion and role playing AAR  ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit) 879428

I'm looking forward for other such great events, see you soon on the field guys :-)

Last edited by agardunord on Sun 16 Sep - 14:46:04; edited 1 time in total

agardunord

Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 16 Sep - 13:42:49

The bad/ugly:

My assumptions that some of my FTL's had 148's. I thought all FTL's had 148's (I didn't tell them to get it, but I thought they did have them because of the pre-assigned kits we made -which, after asking snippers, turned out not to have 148's in the first place.. oops!-) which wasn't the case, this led to me telling stormy to get to an overwatch position and then I realised I couldnt contact him. So that was my fault, sorry guys if you had a bad time, totally my bad!

After moving up the road with the rest of the section we suddenly were flanked by a tali which then shot me. I left bem (2ic) behind at LZ hitman 1 to lead the delayed troops towards our position when they arrived, unfortunately when I got shot, Bem was still there I believe which meant there wasnt really anyone to take the lead. After trying to get back to my section 3 times and getting shot 3 times (Which really pissed me off Razz) the section was split up everywhere and I didnt know where anyone was except for scotty (and the people with him) because he had told me grids. Then after getting back in the field again and finally catching up with my section.. Which was now only Lovvi lol I extracted along with him and then got shot down in the chinook after trying to get to bems position (which was heavily under fire which we didnt know).

Finnaly after this I waited at MHQ 2 and told all my section to wait and not go off on their own. Then when section 2 started to move out I told my men to do the same and we finnaly had some organisation again (I think that took about 2 hours Razz )

So a lot of faults on my end in this game which I apologize for! :(

Also my section was a bit too big for my taste, I think I had about 15 man under my command which was a bit too much imo, I would rather stick to around 10 men.

Another thiung that was sort of bad was that people went and changed their whole kits. Me and snippers had set up the kits for my section so they would complete eachother etc. By changing the kits it meant I didnt know what everybody had. Maybe I should have specified it more clearly but I wanted you to keep the assigned kits.

The good:

IMO the first 2 hours werent really good for me, a lot of confusion and chaos but after we got organized again things really started to get fun (for me).
When we started to clear out the village using the sattelite that so awesome spec-ops style. Great comms from that moment on, really great!
I loved looking to the left and see section 2 in the distance with the chemlights and sometimes I could see tracer fire coming from the hills which were fired by the sniper team. We had such great teamwork, everybody waiting for eachother, moving up when the rest moved up (including sections). Waiting for section 2 to clear out a aa threat I believe (which again looked really cool with the tracers in the night, and I didnt have night vision, which made it extra cool).
Clearing all compounds, ahh pretty much liked everything from that moment on!

Thanks for a great night guys & also a big thanks to all 301 for playing with us! + A great thanks to the organizer! :D
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sun 16 Sep - 14:05:23

- plan was quite good, but poorly executed by myself on main target:
should have used the sat from the beginning and guide hitman 1 in. grip from my side was too loose, propper attack plan will be there next time. And going first for radio tower!

- side mission was nicely done

- transport was kind of under used

- satelite use was awsome!
guiding both sections and snipers in was intense, great work there, buddies.

and YES, i'll try to shorten my comms! i did here as well.
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnScholten Sun 16 Sep - 14:38:43

Section 2;
Birka did a great job as 2ic. Released me from radio when needed or gave directions for the team when I couldn't.
Pierre and 301 executed all issued orders to their best competence and have never failed me.
The section was ment to be flexible and indeed was, we could have addapted more men, easily.

At the start of round the plan was vague, and squad leaders never met together to discuss tactics, Command left base quite early and we only got issued to destroy radio tower.

The radio tower I first thought we had to take down was the one in the main objective area, which would have made sense.
Though, we had to go for the sidemission on which scimitar was surpisingly set on as well.

Scimitar had a sublime staging point settled when we arrived on which we dropped our backpacks to travel lighter into the fight.
Pierre took great initiatives on checking what his men were equipped with, as what a FTL should be doing.

With scimitar we had a overwhelming firepower on the unexpecting 20+ local rebels.

In my opinion either section two could better be used to destroy radio tower at main objective first, than pulled out to go for next radio tower. Or go for the side mission by theirself.

Having both scimitar and section 2 away from main objective left section 1 way too vulnerable.

When section two arrived at MHQ2 we were surprised of the little organisation and the lack of authority of command.

Section 2 decided to go for radio tower at the objective and succeeded.

Section 2 than got picked off one by one as I was distracted by the communications going on. Command was raging over the net for a bit.

Back at MHQ2 section 2 regrouped and went back in with NVGs, of which were not issued in the standard loadout for most.
at MHQ2 we found command screaming around, which we decided to leave alone for a cool-down.

We left the MHQ2, and discussed our plan 150 away from the chaos.
We than finnaly found section 1 to pass us as a team which we found encouraging.

Accompanied by snippers great voice on the radio.
Telling my men Snippers took command gave our team a morale boost.

From than section 1 and 2 were working through village very well and gave eachother great directions.

A lot went wrong at main objective at the start. Section two is proud of it's accomplishments and wants to thank other sections and command for regaining a good network of communication.

JohnScholten

Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by stormy4528 Sun 16 Sep - 15:05:18

just one point kerre... my initial loadout was like 50kg and in my current player i literally couldn't have walked 100m without passing out with that amount of gear. i mean i had satchel charges and 203s nd smokes i would just never use..
stormy4528
stormy4528
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 16 Sep - 15:35:59

stormy4528 wrote:just one point kerre... my initial loadout was like 50kg and in my current player i literally couldn't have walked 100m without passing out with that amount of gear. i mean i had satchel charges and 203s nd smokes i would just never use..

The FTL kits are the only ones a hadnt made myself Razz That's why I thought the 148's were in there but they weren't. But thanks for the info Stormy :)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by stormy4528 Sun 16 Sep - 17:33:58

ha no problem. just maybe a thought... start people with the basic kits and then allow a period before each mission to customise (or the ics to tell what they want) their kit, because everyone has their personal preference they like to use
stormy4528
stormy4528
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 16 Sep - 17:49:30

Yeah I agree, but I would advice to keep certain things as ammo etc like it is, because it's all in cohesion with other kits (when I give a rifleman ammo for a m249 and then the ar changes to m60 that would be pretty useless). Next time we should definitely have a look at how the kits could be managed best.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Sun 16 Sep - 19:22:18

The assault on secondary objective went well. I think the force tasked to it was just right.

Section 1 should have perhaps focused on reconnoitring the primary objective until all the squads were together again. cyclops

We could really have done with an SLs meeting before heading out.

There was some chit-chat on the command net later in the game and some people do use unnecessary pro-words, but overall radio procedure's getting better. thumbsup

It would be good to know the max operating alt of all the helos.

[301]Cirav wrote:Thank you for everything.
Here for some photos: Photos
Nice photos. wish I could run with such high settings.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 16 Sep - 22:24:34

deadly22sniper wrote:Section 1 should have perhaps focused on reconnoitring the primary objective until all the squads were together again. cyclops

That was my initial intention, first have eyes on objective and then decide what to do from there, but with all the chaos things didnt go as planned Razz AAR  ['BIG' MONTHLY ARMA SIGNUPS] 15th September 2012 - Clafgan Domination (Modified player limit) 879428
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by [301]Flap32 Mon 17 Sep - 0:39:04

Hello Lads, I'll make a proper AAR later on, but for the moment here is a video of Cirav!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RjmaPeoYedQ

You can hear my purrfect english (with texan accent) during the whole thing

[301]Flap32

Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 17 Sep - 0:55:52

Watched upto 6mins f*****g awesome! that is how its done.. Wink
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by -=B2Z=-OneShot Mon 17 Sep - 8:18:44

You guys seemed to had a lot of fun :D

Kinda sad I missed.. But I got pretty good training on how to recon a certain objective by a guy who came from afghanistan.. So he knows he's stuff :D (something that can be done either in RL or TvT) And we were without sleep for 2 days.. -_-
I was machinegunner.. shot like 600 bullets this weekend.. :D till MG barrel was red Razz Had fun..
-=B2Z=-OneShot
-=B2Z=-OneShot

Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 17 Sep - 12:29:50

Pilot highlights, from my viewpoint:

If there are any other bits your'd like me to upload please do let me know :)!

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Mon 17 Sep - 17:48:34

Nice snippers :)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Fri 21 Sep - 11:45:11

[301]Flap32 wrote:Hello Lads, I'll make a proper AAR later on, but for the moment here is a video of Cirav!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RjmaPeoYedQ

You can hear my purrfect english (with texan accent) during the whole thing
Nice to see the other side of our assault on the high altitude radio tower.

Snippers wrote:Pilot highlights, from my viewpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/v/i5cCyFpIcq8

If there are any other bits your'd like me to upload please do let me know :)!
The recon team look so pro walking up to you at the start, if I do say so myself. :D

Great flying in difficult conditions.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down