*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver

4 posters

Go down

Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver Empty Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver

Post by DirtDiver[GER] Sat 25 Aug - 16:34:17

Hey folks,

I just connected to the NwA Server, running Muttrah, and got pb kicked shortly afterwards. As I didn't want to risk a ban or something I didn't try to reconnect.
Does anyone else has this problem or had it and found a solution? I recently upgraded to Windows 8 (through Dreamspark) so I guess it has something to do with all those Windows 8 beta drivers that are out there atm...

best regards,
DirtDiver

DirtDiver[GER]

Registration date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver Empty Re: Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver

Post by Jay Scott Sat 25 Aug - 16:41:10

Bad move installing win8 bad move!

- I got no brain cells left in my noodle am afraid, but we got some clever lads around somewhere that can probably help you out. :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver Empty Re: Windows 8: PB Kick for disallowed programm/driver

Post by DirtDiver[GER] Sat 25 Aug - 16:49:37

I kinda like it Razz I know there are lots of haters out there, but I really like the new UI and stuff.

Anyway, as I forgot to note down the error code I just got me kicked again ;-)

Errorcode is 125143 - disallowed program/driver+

As it's a fresh install I don't have many programs installed. Here's a list:

Steam, Origin, ESET NOD32, Office 2010 Package, Chrome, Skype, PR Mumble, VLC Player, True Crypt, Daemon Tools, GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner

I got no overlays active. DirectX, PB, etc. manually updated

DirtDiver[GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 25 Aug - 17:32:34

I done some researches and I think the problem is that Punk buster doesn't like win8 and won't let you play there games while your using it. I don't no if that is true tho am just guessing really.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 25 Aug - 17:49:25

Unfortunately you are not the first to encounter this problem. It seems like PB does not allow windows 8 machines on (our) servers yet (drivers and all that). Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong.

-edit

Oh lol, what scotty said Razz
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 25 Aug - 18:05:38

Simple facts lead to simple answers.

Win 8 is a Beta if PB or any toher company make or adjust there programs to run on a BETA then Microsoft go and change some part of WIN 8 because they need to then PB and other wont be able to do f**k all about it and have to spend time fixing there program to run on WIN 8 once more.

WIN 8 is Beta, simple.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtDiver[GER] Sat 25 Aug - 18:39:07

Actually Windows 8 is final. It was released as RTM Build 9200 on 15th August (For Technet, MSDN, Dreamspark, ...)

I wouldn't use a beta OS on my main computer ;-)

Anyway, it looks like I have to just wait then until PB fixes it. The PB Services seem to run fine though, as I just checked with pbsvc

edit: Strangely enough BF3 seems to run without any problems. Hope Evenbalance fixes this soon :)

DirtDiver[GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down