*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USMC Reverting Back to Long Time Favourite

+10
Alchemist
MasterG
Viglen
Jay Scott
stormy4528
speedhound1-WYD-
Nixy23
Crenshaw
capitan
Zach
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

USMC Reverting Back to Long Time Favourite - Page 2 Empty Re: USMC Reverting Back to Long Time Favourite

Post by Delta Fri 31 Aug - 17:13:50

Alchemist wrote:Tell me what is faster if you get double feed in your rifle, to use it you have to check chamber, lock bolt to the rear, tilt your gun with ejection port towards the ground, eject the magazine, charge cocking handle to ensure all rounds are out, get the gun back in the check well, get new mag inserted because problem might be with previous mags lips... whuuu now you are ready to finally charge and fire your rifle or if you drop the rifle [its on the sling] and switch for the side-arms ?

actually the L85A2 (aka SA80IW) is very easy to clear a double feed/jam: hold bolt back -> shake like s**t -> if jam clear then ->let bolt go -> resume firing, if jam not clear -> take off magazine and redo.

I have much experience of this - especially with blanks which jam more due to the increased ammount of crap they put out when fired.

Agreeably it is easier to just pull a sidearm but once again distance from target determins the effectiveness of pulling a sidearm, and the above drill will work 99.9999% of the time - if you have that extra distance and therefore time then you can follow the standard drill to check all the rounds are correctly seated in the magazine/check the magazine for defects.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

USMC Reverting Back to Long Time Favourite - Page 2 Empty Re: USMC Reverting Back to Long Time Favourite

Post by deadly22sniper Fri 7 Sep - 20:42:46

Alchemist wrote:KWA are kind of like TM in sens of quality but yeah they make metal guns what in case of glock is just wrong Razz [ its a polimer construction in real]
Except that Glocks have metal slides (and polymer bodies)...exactly like my KWA G19. thumbsup

Delta wrote:Agreeably it is easier to just pull a sidearm but once again distance from target determins the effectiveness of pulling a sidearm, and the above drill will work 99.9999% of the time - if you have that extra distance and therefore time then you can follow the standard drill to check all the rounds are correctly seated in the magazine/check the magazine for defects.
And you should always have someone who's got your back, anyway.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sat 22 Sep - 11:12:13

deadly22sniper wrote:
Alchemist wrote:KWA are kind of like TM in sens of quality but yeah they make metal guns what in case of glock is just wrong Razz [ its a polimer construction in real]
Except that Glocks have metal slides (and polymer bodies)...exactly like my KWA G19. thumbsup

Hey Deadly

Yeah, you are right, its metal but in polymer coating, I am confused, is the kwa glock slide full metal or also in a plastic shell ?

by body you mean frame[that bottom part] or a shell on the slide ?

Delta wrote:
actually the L85A2 (aka SA80IW) is very easy to clear a double feed/jam: hold bolt back -> shake like s**t -> if jam clear then ->let bolt go -> resume firing, if jam not clear -> take off magazine and redo.

I have much experience of this - especially with blanks which jam more due to the increased ammount of crap they put out when fired.

That's interesting feedback Delta.

I guess Germans did good work on improving A1 in to A2 including that funny handle.

The issue I find with this bullpop platform is that it does so moderate in either cqb or long range and does not excel in any way but that's probably because dumb nato wanted 5.56 vermin round and less because of the design. Still getting hit in your face with that handle would not be a nice experience but that's a different topic.

But since we are on different topic anyway I must say I had some bow time recently thanks to my friend[surprisingly in England you can get bow classes between may and june only :/] who also explained to me silent art of stalking with bow and made me a convert.

I thought that arrow will not penetrate kevlar armor but I might have been very wrong about that.

I didn't tested it but did some research and have feeling that kevlar or even spectra will not be enough to stop "war" type arrow even at ~ average 60lbs.

Also heard some stuff about long bows too. I specially like the tactic that Welsh used on English. They were shooting from ~160-180 lbs pull long bow at point blank being able penetrate even full plate armor :O

I know I wouldn't be effective with this kind of bow but I don't think zombies will be wearing full plate armor either.

It is unclear what would be more accurate, bow or crossbow with red dot on it at it is very easy setup to make but bow has definitive upper hand on rate of fire.

For hunting I guess it is pretty much same for whole Europe that you can't hunt with bow anymore.[f**in greenpeace etc.] Shame, because with bow it is a different game and I might even call it higher level of hunting.

It looks kinda cool too
USMC Reverting Back to Long Time Favourite - Page 2 1f42eaf234898302

deadly22sniper wrote:
And you should always have someone who's got your back, anyway.

Isn't this why the most basic military cell is the 2 man fireteam :> ?
Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2