*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00

+9
kopite73
-=B2Z=-OneShot
Lovvi
Chris_Kampfgurke
Da-Fort
ExeTick
Bullet2Hart
Zach
Snippers
13 posters

Go down

[AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00 Empty [AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00

Post by Snippers Sat 18 Aug - 23:26:12

Firstly thanks to all attending I had great fun that round! We had 26 turnup it was awesome to command!

We managed to destroy 2 separate Armour columns hurrah!

I will write up more another time and post the screenshots, just rushing to get this topic up!

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

[AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00 Empty Re: [AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00

Post by Zach Sat 18 Aug - 23:32:39

[AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00 Arma2o10

[AAR] 18th August 2012 20:00 Arma2o11

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullet2Hart Sat 18 Aug - 23:52:01

Sabre 2 AAR:
Firstly i want to mention good turn out and good planning for the squads.

First Mission:
The Insertion was fine, in a lowered elevated position, unfortunetly the pilot (Da Fort) didn't thrust down long enough and had to thrust up to stop a roll which is when i fell out of the chopper and died. I quickly re-inserted and caught up with chris in positional overwatch.

Me and chris then scouted the area and took note of zero infantry contacts, and a coloumn of armour.

At this point
We should of built up the attack as an armour assault, not as an Infantry assault.
The idea of an ambush was fine but the armour was attacked too early and only one squad was engaged. Team Sabre and 1 were out of position by around 500 metres and it took another 20 minutes for the objective to be completed because of this communication failure.

Second Mission:
The insertion was fine, me and Chris inserted north of the target in a vally in the hills, we lost radio contact while we were here for approx' 5 minutes moving into position.

Me and Chris then got into a perfect position and had over-watch on the enemy vodnik patrol, where we updated HQ on it's position.
The column stopped in the village closest in our visual, and we informed HQ and CAS that the vodnik's were stationary and we had laser standing by for CAS strike.

It is at this point I noticed the failures in communication.

Me and Chris were sat on this hill for about 20 minutes before HQ finally asked us if we had visual range on the targets.
Me and Chris were extremely aggitated by the fact we had been ignored as the RECON squad and felt our time spent spotting the enemy was wasted.

I know there was alot more people than just the CAS squad and Team Sabre but this mission was PERFECT for this set-up in my opinion we wasted time and resources sending in the infantry squads.

We eventually got set up for a CAS strike after 35 minutes of waiting and sending sitreps out to command.

The targets were attacked by CAS and the remaining were destroyed by infantry AT while i lost visual due to a building being destroyed and mine and chris' FPS rate dropping to < 5

My thoughts:
The communication was terrible at times, people prolonging their chat and not getting the message across, Multiple times (And I'm not taking a Dig at Chris) I heard way too many "Uhmmm" and "Ahhh"s. THIS should NOT happen - I know people in this clan English isn't their mother tongue and it's a force of habbit to Uhm or Ahh, but those words should not exist in this game, if you forget what to say, say "Stand By" or "Standby for Re-Message" nobody should be saying "sorry I mean...."
Think before you say anything,
Don't press the button and hope it's going to come to you.

At multiple times i noticed squads having TERRIBLE group spacings. At one time on mission 1 I noticed a full infantry squad grouped with-in a 10 metre radius with NO formation. Squad leaders should keep their eyes open for this, and stop using Local speech for everything and running into their squad leaders to hear, the 343 is there for a reason and squads are assigned channels for a reason aswel.

I know this perticular mission was terrible for infantry squads and i can understand peoples boredom but when the mission is best suited for CAS we should use CAS and only IF it fails should we be ready for an infantry assault. We don't ALWAYS need a back-up directly after a CAS assault, but planning it is necessary ofcourse, the Act of it is not always needed.
Bullet2Hart
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Sat 18 Aug - 23:52:47

it was really fun :) I got to fly HQ in my heli so I had something to do all the time :)

even if I wanted to fly around because it started to be boring I knew I couldnt because I was going to get shot down.. like when I was going to extract everyone and got shot by a 50cal from a vehicle or a disabled tank and I was flying around unconscious for 4 minutes Razz (and no I didnt go afk).

first objective:
I was listening to the radio comms on first objective and f*****g hell it was a clusterfuck over the comms at some points.

second objective: well some things could have went faster on this one. dont really know what happend but like chris mention on the after talk apache could easily take out those vodniks with lazes from saber squad (chris + bullet).

+ I think almost everyone had something to do. even me who was flying
transport because I could fly HQ to be closer to our units on the ground.

- people fooling around when coming back to main.
sadly chris forgot to change to expert difficulty :( but it was still fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

would like to have 3rd person to choppers because its super hard to get control on the chopper when landed if you dont have all wheels on the ground. (mainly choppers with wheels)

maybe noticed when I tried to land on second objective, I was sliding slowly towards the trees and if I didnt have 3rd person that chinook would be wasted.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Sun 19 Aug - 0:08:05

AAR time!

Armoured Column

Our first order of the day was to ambush an armoured column several kilometers from our base to the south. A recon unit was sent in first to assess the situation. Team Sabre was sent in via Chinook insertion. Upon arrival 3 T-90 tanks where spotted driving away from the marker. From there on out a plan was formed to send 1 infantry platoon to eliminate the armoured threat. One Apache, Codename Uzi, was dispatched to provide overwatch. The Apache was hovering at 1500m south of the area of operations. The infantry sections where careful inserted intro position via Lynx choppers.

The hostile tanks were still moving at that point and it was hard for our sections to keep up. The armour finally stopped to gaurd a landbridge south-west of Prospero. Sporadic infantry forces where detected close to the vehicles. Careful movements were made by Section 1 and 2 to move into position. Sabre was repositioning as well to provide laser support for Hellfire missiles. At this time Command had commandeered the Chinook as a mobile HQ as regular communications where scattered by the Lingorian terrain. HQ was orbiting Checkpoint Sur at 500 altitude.

With the infantry section in a position where they can engage two tanks. The order was given for all callsigns to engage the armoured column. One of the tanks got hit by a SMAW rocket and blew up instantly. The second tank was destroyed and the last one was disabled by the Apache using Hellfire II missiles. Having neutralized the threat. All sections were to extract to base via Chinook.

Convoy

Receiving report of a convoy in the village Aculpo, west of the base. A second mission was authorized to destroy this convoy. The infantry sections were quickly remobilized to combat this threat. Sabre squad was to recconoiter the area from a Lynx to provide Command with additional information. The Lynx was fired upon by the convoy in a little town (?), south of Aculpo. Quickly disengaging from the fight, the Lynx managed to land Sabre team into an overwatch position. At this point in time the tail rotor was damaged and forced the pilot to retreat back to base.

The sections where to be inserted via the same Chinook that extracted them from the previous mission. They where to deploy north of FoB Eddy and find a good position to engage the convoy. The Apache was to provide top-cover. The convoy comprised of 3 Vodniks. All of them mounted with a 25mm canon.

The infantry sections made their way west of Sabre team. After diligent movement by our forces. The sections got into position to clear out all 3 Vodniks. Sabre team got the order to lase one of the Vodniks for a Hellfire strike. Hammer Down was given to destroy the vehicles. One Vodnik got destroyed by a SMAW rocket and another got hit by a Hellfire II missile. Sadly, the third Vodnik survived for a couple of seconds more as a SWAM rocket found its way into the building next to it. The resulting splash damage from the destroyed vehicles and the debris falling down from the building destroyed the last Vodnik.

End of report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- As Lovvi has mentioned (read: twice): Deployment should not take this long. I would suggest starting the mission 30 minutes prior to start. This would allow for Command to plan the mission to decrease deployment time. An admin can then oversee the players taking the right slots when the mission starts proper.
I actually tried to facilitate the start of the mission by rushing the Chinook.

- Ok, for next mission if there are going to be CAS vehicles, I would like to be the FAC. And let me have some fun training people who want to learn 6|9-lines. Hell, I will even make a thread for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I have been using 1st person throughout my training and playthrough today. It was very entertaining.

Last edited by Da-Fort on Sun 19 Aug - 8:40:13; edited 19 times in total
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Sun 19 Aug - 0:14:41

Bullet2Hart wrote:Firstly i want to mention good turn out and good planning for the squads.
i second that.

Bullet2Hart wrote:[color=brown]Second Mission:
[color=white]The insertion was fine, me and Chris inserted north of the target in a vally in the hills, we lost radio contact while we were here for approx' 5 minutes moving into position.

Me and Chris then got into a perfect position and had over-watch on the enemy vodnik patrol, where we updated HQ on it's position.
The column stopped in the village closest in our visual, and we informed HQ and CAS that the vodnik's were stationary and we had laser standing by for CAS strike.

Me and Chris were sat on this hill for about 20 minutes before HQ finally asked us if we had visual range on the targets.
Me and Chris were extremely aggitated by the fact we had been ignored as the RECON squad and felt our time spent spotting the enemy was wasted.

I know there was alot more people than just the CAS squad and Team Sabre but this mission was PERFECT for this set-up in my opinion we wasted time and resources sending in the infantry squads.

We eventually got set up for a CAS strike after 35 minutes of waiting and sending sitreps out to command.

The targets were attacked by CAS and the remaining were destroyed by infantry AT while i lost visual due to a building being destroyed and mine and chris' FPS rate dropping to < 5
this was most frustrating for me. if the forwards tell you repeatly to use an asset, you better have good reasons NOT to comply to that.
mission was a success, but nevertheless it could have been done in 10mins in total from the point where the collum stoped, including exfil.

Bullet2Hart wrote:I heard way too many "Uhmmm" and "Ahhh"s. THIS should NOT happen
i think im most guilty for that in the whole team oops plus my calls are too long.
promise to work on that, bear with me for now.

Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovvi Sun 19 Aug - 0:57:16

My only gripe is that it took way too long, as always - 45 minutes before we actual got on the chopper.
Lovvi
Lovvi

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovvi Sun 19 Aug - 0:57:32

Lovvi wrote:My only gripe is that it took way too long, as always - 45 minutes before we actually got on the chopper.
Lovvi
Lovvi

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Sun 19 Aug - 7:14:55

Bullet2Hart wrote:

There was no failure in communications there. Simply put. You got ignored. Sorry for being so blunt. In hindsight, it would have been better to skip through the last 2 missions to hopefully get a better one. Yes, it would have been faster to just fire 3 missiles and call it a day. But at the end of the day most of the people who were playing were infantry and it made more sense to make them do the heavy lifting. Also, I did not want to make the same mistake I did once when playing on Insurgency with the Cobra. The Cobra cleared an entire village without even letting the infantry do anything. It was real fun for those guys.

I also updated my AAR. Another update will follow as I get feedback from anyone who wants to comment.

And about you getting hit by the back end of my Chinook. I told you I was sorry!!! D:
Next time I will use auto-hover like the rest of us nubs.

EDIT: Video has been uploaded. Check the video/screenshot thread.

Last edited by Da-Fort on Sun 19 Aug - 8:39:00; edited 5 times in total
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by -=B2Z=-OneShot Sun 19 Aug - 7:36:22

Ooh maan... I missed another awsome game :( Hope there's none next weekend.. I got military training from friday to sunday..So I can smooth my skills again :D

But most other weekends I'm free sunday evenings..
So could you make next one on sunday evening?? Cause the nightclub I work in isnt open on sunday..
-=B2Z=-OneShot
-=B2Z=-OneShot

Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Sun 19 Aug - 10:19:07

well i thought it was great , i would liek to say a big thanks to my squad for putting up with me and my questions. I hope i wasnt too much of a noob.

I would also like to thank every one who put all the effort in to plan the missions and sort all the squads / rolls out.

you make it run so smooth for the ones like me who just want to turn up .

well done .

ps thanks for letting me shoot the bazooka thingy at the tanks .

kop " nixy how far is it mate "
Nixy " 430 kop "

Kop " clear back ... fire . ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i hit it ooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooow i hit it i hit it "

Kops wife " shut the f**k up you waking the baby up "

kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Sun 19 Aug - 10:29:24

My general thoughts about the event: Overall it was good fun, there was maybe a little too much planning involved for us to turn up and fire a few rockets at a tank. Pick an LZ and brief en route as it usually takes a while to get there anyway. It was unfortunate that the first two missions were destroying convoys as only AT/CAS really got to do anything (although the medics were pretty busy after one of the tanks opened up on us)

I would also think an earlier start for one of these kind of events as ArmA is pretty slow, and in 3 hours we didn't really do all that much.

Where realism is concerned, there is a fine line between fun and boredom, and I don't think everyone is on the same page (to be expected really). It was well planned (kudos to the planners) and there was a good turn out and although i sound like a negative nancy, i had a lot of fun and it was good to have full squads and stuff

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 19 Aug - 11:34:11

First of all: Thanks to those who turned up, I for one had a great time last night!

My first night as a full fledged SL and I like to think I did quite alright (though if you disagree please let me know, I always want to improve!), though I am probaply someone to blame for ums & uhs on the comms. Didn't fire a single round the whole 3 hours but I still enjoyed it very much!
I would like to thank my FTL's Ghost and Zach for being awesome as my FTL's, you guys did a superb job at keeping my hands free and focusing on comms and such, really nice orders always putting up security and keeping everyone in line (formations and such)!
Thanks to Bemetson for being the usual awesome medic, you really did great on that hill when we were being engaged by the tanks.
Thumbs up for kopite and lovvi for the AT action, kopite lovely at on that tank on whilst we were on the hill and lovvi nice AT's on the vodniks in the second mission.
Unforunately for the AR's there really wasn't too much action, vodniks and tanks aren't really MG targets but I hope you enjoyed it still deadly & rantbox.

I know it could have been boring for other guys but I didn't have one moments rest being an SL, wether it was instructing my FTL's, squad, preparing gear or listening to comms etc. I really didnt have the feeling that things were boring on my end.

-------
Mission one: We got dropped at LZ 1 (i believe) and proceeded to west hill, where i dispersed my FT1 to the left and FT2 to the right hills, one overwatching the town and the other overwatching LZ3. We didnt have any contacts so we were ordered to move to LZ 3. Once at LZ 3 we were ordered to head towards LZ 2. Whilst on the move we got contacted by sabre that they found a good place for an ambush so I asked for permissions from HQ and when the confirm came in we set up an ambush with great eyes on the road on which the tanks were hopefully going to come over.
Unfortunately the tanks decided to turn around so the ambush led to nothing, we then were ordered to move to LZ 2 - backup. When we arrived we were ordered to get to fpp2 (i believe.. This was the hill we engaged the tanks from).
Whilst arrived we set up security and found a couple of section's 2 men down for the count. I ordered my medic to revive and help them whilst the rest of section to joined us on the hill (maybe they were already there since there were wounded, but I saw a couple of them on top of the hill about a minute after we arrived).
Once everyone was good to go we waited for hammer down. When hammer down was declared we engaged the tank (only had a visual on one) with AT. That is when the s**t hit the fan, we were being engaged by another thank I believe (im not quite sure what it was) which caused a lot of wounded and casualties on that hill. We kept engaging tanks and helping the wounded.
At this time I believe Ghost spotted the second tank, im not sure if it was up or if it was down but a couple of minutes after that the mission was complete. We were ordered to head to LZ2 backup, once there i popped smoke and waited for extraction.

We arrived at base, resupplied and unfortunatly rantbox & kopite had to go. We then went into the chinook and were inserted at FOB Eddie.
Our section headed north then east and south to get to optional fpp. This eventually got changed because when we arrived at OP2 we had a clear sight on a vodnik I informed with HQ and held at OP2 with my AT at the ready and the rest of the squad standing by behind the hill.
We waited for hammer down (which took quite some time) and engaged the first vodnik with succes. The rest of the squad moved up, at which point a building collapsed and my framerate went down the shitter. My game froze a couple of times for like 10 seconds and my framerate was around 1 fps.
I believe my AT engaged another vodnik (which was the last) and completed the mission, we headed back to FOB eddie and extracted back to main base. At this point about 3 hours had passed and I had to go.

Let me know any feedback please! I want to improve my skills.

-edit
and oh yeah, 0 KIA in my section! :D

About the things taking too long, people are supposed to be there at 19:50 so when you arrive late you are holding up the rest of the people and things take longer. I agree that things can still take less time, but I feel that this went quite well I was busy the whole time in main. And as you saw once we started the second mission things did not nearly take as long for the first mission.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Sun 19 Aug - 12:36:27

This is by far the best mission I've played. A big thanks to Bono and Ghost for fulfilling their roles to the max. I do have some points to talk about, but I'll do that over TS later this afternoon.

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Sun 19 Aug - 14:31:26

Went well, my main gripes are probably the same as everyone. The first being the length of time it takes to actually get moving. The planning takes way too long, LZs should be called and FFPs marked when they're actually being used, there were two points yesterday when the FFPs were useless because the objectives were in a totally different position. Vehicles move, plan around this. If it was an assault on a fixed and fortified position, it would have made more sense, but you still can't tell if marked FFPs will be effective due to tree lines and buildings.

And secondly, spacing and security. Yesterday in Nixy's squad the only person I heard talking about security was Ferit. This didn't really seem to take hold, it seemed I was the only person looking in any direction other than where the tanks were.

Also, just one little niggle from me, it was an ambush mission? Surely we should have called the targets location and movement and setup an ambush when vehicles were crossing a river, or moving through a valley with the 2 sections either side? Engagement was a bit random, especially being as (as far as I'm aware) our squad only had one SMAW. This against 3 T90s meant they quickly knew we were there and suppressed us. If we had the 4 ATs working in tandem, the armour would have been hell of a lot easier to take down.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Sun 19 Aug - 17:46:37

i know there was 3 of us at least on the hil next to the rock on the 1st mission.

I also remember the size of chris's silencer ...
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Sat 25 Aug - 11:29:25

kerrermanisNL wrote:Unforunately for the AR's there really wasn't too much action, vodniks and tanks aren't really MG targets but I hope you enjoyed it still deadly & rantbox.

I was quite happy with my one kill; The guy in the middle of the land-bridge.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down