*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2

+4
Jay Scott
kerrermanisNL
Vincent
Voodoo
8 posters

Go down

17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2 Empty 17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2

Post by Voodoo Sun 18 Mar - 19:54:13

Since Chris isn't writing up a story atm, I thought I'd put my creative writing skills to the test. Some of this may be wrong (Specifically the names of groups, It's all from memory ATM) - Video to come!

SEAL team Alpha 1-1
JohnScholten AKA "Sweet John" (Alpha 1-1-1)
VoodooActual AKA "Dude, Where's my Squad" (Alpha 1-1-2)
Vincent AKA "I <3 My Boyfriend" (Alpha 1-1-3)
Exetick AKA "Dildo Chair"(Serious, 'Nuff said wtf - Alpha 1-1-4)

Sniper Team Alpha 1-2
Chris_Kampfgurke AKA "Cas Moaner"
Da_Fort AKA "Chris' Man-Love Partner"

Pilots - 160th SOAR 1
Zach/Klutz AKA "Ooh, don't touch my Miniguns"
Orford AKA "I accomplished nothing all mission"

Objective - Destroy the Drug Factory, Escape without taking too many casuaties.

We all spawned in at the airfield. It was dark as feck. The SL's devised plans of attack, the sorting of landing zones etc, whilst the rest of us spazzed around attempting to fit the CRCC's to the choppers (I later realised how to do this). Sniper Team took off in Orford's Littlebird, landed safely, and we never heard from them until late on in the game. Klutz warmed up his CH-47 Chinook and we all boarded in, Me taking the rear gun position. We flew to LZ Rimmington (?) and disbarked, then headed South east to waypoint 2. We then took a toilet break, and s**t hit the pan (pun not intended).

After I returned from my dump, I found out John had alt-tabbed, got back in the game and managed to perfectly headshot me. I had to get the chopper back out, landed a bit south of our old LZ at a small town. I thought I was going the right way.. managed to get myself lost, in the middle of pissing nowhere, and the surrounding hills meant the radio signal with John was absoloutely shite. I could barely make out what he was saying, I had 0 idea where I was, until.. I saw salvation. It wasn't an angel, it wasn't god, it was Klutz in his Blackhawk making a metric shittonne of noise, I had to shout down the radio to get his attention, but he finally landed and dropped me off right next to the squad. We pushed on towards the Drug den, and got into the midst of about 3 patrols, each carrying multiple RPG's/RPK's/PKM's. John, in all his mighty wisdom (LOL JUST KIDDING) decided to call the LOUDEST Vehicle in the game, to fire the LOUDEST guns in the game, against small pockets of patrols that hadn't even seen us (Note, NOT the guys close to us, but guys about 500m away in the next village). This then drew ALL the attention to the Drug Facility in a cave, the one that (we didn't know at the time) Chris and Da-Fort had managed to get into.

John started losing connection at this point, appointing me as CO of Alpha 1-1. Exe, being a noob, decided to go against my orders and started engaging the 20~30 infantry surrounding the cave, and got shot dead within about 3 seconds of standing up. Me and Vincent make our way to the cave, to receive verbal earbashing from chris about "WHY THE F**K DID YOU CALL IN CAS? THAT WAS SO F**KING UNESSCESSARY, WE HAD THE CACHE ON A SILVER TABLET" So on, so forth. We decided "Right. We're screwed, the Satchel is placed with 10 minutes on a timer, and there's at least 20+ infantrymen covering the cave enterance (the only way in and out), but we're unspotted". We decided to go loud. I pulled out the M60E4, deployed it on some sandbags, and let loose the 7.62mm's. I must've dropped every guy infront of the cave, and the few more who stupidly ran in my way.. I was partially blind (NV + Big Gun Flashes don't mix) and reloading, but we cleared a small way. Chris attempted to slowly move up the left, to get dropped instantly. Me and Vince then admitted "s**t, We REALLY are screwed". He grabbed a radio from Da-Fort, got into contact with Klutz and the Blackhawk. All he had to say was "We need an Exfil NOW, and a CAS mission!". Signal went off, no further reply. We went deeper into the cave to find an alternate exit, and there wasn't. We held off for a couple of minutes before I got dropped by a RPK gunner with a damn accurate burst, and vince fell shortly after. We all discussed our wrongdoings whilst spectating Klutz, the satchel charge detonated, blew the facility to pieces. Then, a little message popped up on the screen.

Mission Failed - Casualities were too high.

RIP SEAL Team Alpha 1-1, RIP Sniper Team Alpha 1-2. Oh, and Orford, the n00b Wink

Orford did say something very true though - "2 Hours of f*****g about, you all died, and nobody moaned".. true. Greatest, most intense game I've ever had of any kind of FPS.. that cave bit was just f*****g nervy, even though it's not real I got that absorbed into thinking "Gotta get out of here, Chopper's coming for me and Vince" :D

TL;DR - People got shot. thumbsup
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2 Empty Re: 17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2

Post by Vincent Sun 18 Mar - 19:58:21

17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2 Fred-mercury-queen-meme-so-close-240x300

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2 Empty Re: 17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2

Post by Voodoo Sun 18 Mar - 20:07:12

I actually pissed myself, that's the perfect meme.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 18 Mar - 21:11:07

Awesome read.. (I just read the TL;DR)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sun 18 Mar - 21:45:54

You bas***d.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 18 Mar - 22:10:14

Voodoo that was a really great read mate! REALLY great! I am ready to rock and roll l with you all 2moeo cant wait
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 18 Mar - 22:15:34

Jay, talk to brad or some other ace veteran to get the mod installed (it's what makes it great)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 18 Mar - 22:20:20

I owe it all to Snippers mate! Thankyou very much Snipps for that tonight. When you was dying to go to bed but you stayed up for me and did all that for me. I precatite very much! xxxxxx
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 18 Mar - 22:22:07

Voodoo had plenty of time to jott down his story. Given he cannot use a compass and map. You call me a noob at least I can tell East from West. ;-)

I did a covert drop for the sniper team, without using auto hover to land.

I did however, when using auto hover to check the map, not keep an eye on the GPS Alt readout until I had crash landed. Due to incorrect throttle setting.

Near the end of the round whilst flying low level to get to the evac point. I did manage to locate the enemy power lines. Boom, them things kill.

All in all my Take on Helicopters skills work in ArmA, with a good CAS map I'd kick ass.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 18 Mar - 22:27:13

I am laughing so hard right now!!!! lol

Epic read's!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 18 Mar - 22:28:22

Its the powerline part! rrr that killed me man!

<3 Orf
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 18 Mar - 22:56:15

I tell you mate, who the f*k goes to the trouble of putting collision mesh on a f**in set of power lines. ArmA mappers that's who, l33t god like mappers who love to kill spec ops chopper pilots. Go very low or go home.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sun 18 Mar - 23:01:26

Orford wrote:I tell you mate, who the f*k goes to the trouble of putting collision mesh on a f**in set of power lines. ArmA mappers that's who, l33t god like mappers who love to kill spec ops chopper pilots. Go very low or go home.

Or, do the Klutz method and just fly high, get shot at by AA, piss off and repeat. Wink

Yeah, plenty of time to write down this Novel bud, even stopped by and asked them friendly blokes by the Fire, gave me a few life stories and that
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 18 Mar - 23:04:17

Did lol when Klutz picked you up, turned round went 50mtrs and dropped you next to John.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sun 18 Mar - 23:06:04

Orford wrote:Did lol when Klutz picked you up, turned round went 50mtrs and dropped you next to John.

Like I say, US NAVY Seals are meant to be taught navigation lessons, I just got lost on the way to them!

PS - Someone recorded my training it seems -

Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Sun 18 Mar - 23:30:03

Voodoo wrote:Or, do the Klutz method and just fly high, get shot at by AA, piss off and repeat. Wink

Damned if you do damned if you don't! lol

P.S. I have never been shot down and I've never crashed with people inside.

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Mon 19 Mar - 0:12:30

Klutz93 wrote:
Voodoo wrote:Or, do the Klutz method and just fly high, get shot at by AA, piss off and repeat. Wink

Damned if you do damned if you don't! lol

P.S. I have never been shot down and I've never crashed with people inside.

Doesn't count if you've only flown the tutorial missions Wink
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 19 Mar - 0:59:54

after calming down i have to say that mission was damn intense.

Orf droped us felt like 100 miles away... cuz i told him so :D
first mountain: no sight at all.
So we decided to call a boat drop (for not-arma-players: you can transport lighter vehicles with a chinook) like we suggested in the briefing. Turns out that no pilot was able to figgure out HOW.
So we started to walk.
and walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
till we got up other site of the bay on a mountain... just to notice that a big rock formation and the vegetation were blockin our view.

So we went on to the third mountain, witch had acording to the map a good view to the lab, as we noticed it was close to alpha squad AND a safer insertion LZ than the one we decided to have... walking an hour for nothing.
Da-fort was at the point being anoyed from switching positions all the time, he was like "dude if we dont get a shot from there, i assaut by myself"... he didn't know at that monent that he made a pretty precise prediction.
On arriving at the final fire position we noticed the map was not saying "lab" but "lab proximity". That was the point Da-fort decided to split up and seach for the lab entrance... turned out later this was not the best idea we had.
he made it around the big rock formation i mentioned earlier and got to a "kind of camp" like he told me on the radio. I said him i see nothing in my sector while movin around, when suddenly something caught my eye. through my scope i saw formations of sandbags near the rock formation. I moved a bit and then was able to see camo-nets above them.
I called Da-fort "I see fortifications, that must be the entrance to the lab, come to me, mate!"
His reply: "where are you?"...

told you, not the best idea we had.

I couldn't tell where i was, cuz i got no marker on the map, coudn't see each other cuz of the wookie-suits... an IR strobe would have come in handy here.
told him to go back towards the last firing position on the mountain, to give him the direction i went from there. After several patrols passin by (one was by 2m away, luckily i remained prone) he said he was closing in to the FP, so i got my sights back to the lab... just to see him growing out of the fooking vegetation 10m in my front. He was coming directly from the target area.
Turns out that this "kind of camp" was the fortification i saw... but i didn't see him.

While doing all this, voodoo still was searching for his squad :D so we decided to take a peek again at this "camp". Dodging more patrols (we counted like 7 in that area) we came to it and instandly noticed a cave entrance.
fort: "oh... was that here before?"
I have to admid, from the other side the cave was allmost invisible.

Alpha squad was still not moving and we where tired of waiting, so we where sneaking up to the cave, MP5SDs ready. First guard we seen was armed with a pistol and was lookin round with binocs. We droped him, thinkin that was too easy. Next guy as well, just a pistol. Going deeper we seen 2 more, they where even unarmed. We where like "what is this for a joke of securi... OH s**t" last guy we found had an AK, fort dropped him in a reflex-shot. All clear.

Now there was the point when it started to get ridiculus. All left to do was waiting for the demolition man of Alpha, so we set up an the entrance.

First, we wanted to suprise Alpha a bit by calling them in and to go from prone to standing a bit outside the cave when they where bout 20m close saying "we could have shot you guys a mile away"
So we called them in that we found the lab and secured it.
That was the point where CAS was called...

man i was at boiling point!

Long story short within 2min the entrance was surounded by 5 patrols and more incoming. So we got back inro the cave to defend it. When Alpha fired, we were albe to take out four or five guys unseen. After some minutes friendlies came up. From four SEALs, two had made it to the cave... with just one satchel.
And YES Voodoo, this earbashing was quite satisfying since it was legitimate. An under-armed 2 man squad did the job of a well-armed 4 man squad and was failing to complete the mission just because they had no explosives.
Quite disapointing result...

but in the end we tried it and didn't aborted the mission cuz something somewhere went wrong.

good round... not as satisfying as the yacht but ok.
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Mon 19 Mar - 7:09:28

Voodoo wrote:Doesn't count if you've only flown the tutorial missions Wink

From now on I'm using auto-hover and will descend from at least 200 meters straight down like an AI :D

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Mon 19 Mar - 14:31:35

:D Your all just jealous of mine and vinces 1337 SEAL skills, under-armed, tired and beaten around, still managed to complete the job.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 19 Mar - 14:46:13

I need a hand here this is f*****g stupid!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Mon 19 Mar - 15:22:54

Jay Scott wrote:I need a hand here this is f*****g stupid!

TS bud.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 19 Mar - 19:20:37

Voodoo wrote::D Your all just jealous of mine and vinces 1337 SEAL skills, under-armed, tired and beaten around, still managed to complete the job.

your memory is bad, dude... we failed hard!
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Mon 19 Mar - 21:01:20

Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:
Voodoo wrote::D Your all just jealous of mine and vinces 1337 SEAL skills, under-armed, tired and beaten around, still managed to complete the job.

Did we complete the mission objectives? Did we blow the Drug Facility? We did. Our lives were merely a sacrifice, bud thumbsup
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Tue 20 Mar - 21:21:07

Voodoo wrote:
Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:

Did we complete the mission objectives? Did we blow the Drug Facility? We did. Our lives were merely a sacrifice, bud 17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2 879428

Read again your own post, OP!

Voodoo wrote:Mission Failed - Casualities were too high.

you've blown the drugs, nothing more! the lab needs more than 1 satchel ---> mission failed!!!
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Tue 20 Mar - 22:33:43

Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:
Voodoo wrote:
Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:

Did we complete the mission objectives? Did we blow the Drug Facility? We did. Our lives were merely a sacrifice, bud 17/3/12 - SEAL Team Alpha 1-1 & Sniper Team Alpha 1-2 879428

Read again your own post, OP!

Voodoo wrote:Mission Failed - Casualities were too high.

you've blown the drugs, nothing more! the lab needs more than 1 satchel ---> mission failed!!!

Shh, I'm dead now, we won.
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Fri 23 Mar - 9:32:01

Ok, so here is my AAR.

After briefing, Chris and I decided land far southeast from the AO.
I knew that we wouldn't see diddly from that far but I decided to go with it because it was the most safest approach.

After a quick scan ontop of the mountain next to our LZ we concluded that we should go with plan B and ask for a boatdrop. There were no patrolboats so it was safe using a boat.

After trying to raise Orford with the callsign SOAR-2. He didn't respond but after I asked for Orford he responded. Turns out they couldn't drop a boat.

So Chris and I decided to proceed on foot and snuck past a Cartel base.
After reaching the second mountain to see if we could get eyes on the base we got word that the flyboys figured out how to drop boats. Still being unable to locate the enemy base.

"Meanwhile in Alpha squad land. Voodoo was unable to regroup with his squad. Running around the island all by his lonesome self. Poor kid."

But that didn't lower our morale, it drove us further into the AO. We went for the hill that was inside the lab proximity are. Yet again we could not see anything but trees.

I asked Chris if we could split up to try and find this drug facility. Shortly after I went to the east of the large rockformation Chris radio'd in that he found an encampment. I tried to get back but I spotted a patrol between me and him so I looped around the rockformation.

Accidently bumped into the encampment. Radio'd Chris about it. Took me about a minute to figure out there was this gaurd staring at me 5 feet away. Decided to drop him and spotted a second gaurd. Dropped him as well.

Meanwhile Chris said there was this patrol moving past him. That same patrol that was between me and Chris a few minute ago was running past him. It looked like they were going towards Alpha squad general direction.

They didn't spot him so I managed to regroup. Alpha squad was still busy with finding Voodoo at this point in time I decided we should secure the drug facility ourselves. The facility was hidden inside the large rockformation. I failed to notice the entrance the first time around though but Chris found it for me.

Several gaurds that were stationed inside we shot with our silenced MP5s. Silenced weaponry with silenced ammo doesn't do much damage apparently. Not much stopping power, even though I'm pretty sure I hit the enemies in the head. So much for realism.

For some odd reason there was this house inside the cave and a crate filled with white stuff. Securing the crate we went inside the house to secure it. As soon as I went through the door Chris shouted that he had seen an enemy through the window. Maybe I should have waited and looked through the window as well but I was too high on combat adrenaline to care for something soo trivial. Luckily we managed to kill him before he got a shot off.

At this point we were extatic. Clearing the drug facility and securing the drug container we only had to wait for Alpha squad. Alpha managed to regroup with their lost sheep at this point. They were on the hill we were on before we recon'd the AO.

We set up infront of the entrance in the tall grass. Thinking we would play a little trick on them. I looked behind me and saw a patrol a meter away from me. Thought I was a goner at that point and simply dropped to the ground. Luckily, the patrol went past us.

At this point in time we decided to hide back inside the cave with our backs against the wall. Alpha team however called in CAS. Now I know CAS wasn't doing much and got bored. But honestly there are millsim clans with dedicated SOAR personel who do nothing but insert and exfil squads. Nothing inbetween. Boring but they do it anyways.

More and more squads regrouped just outside the cave and we looked on how half of alpha managed to trickle in to our position. We scolded them sure, but they were like-minded about the CAS stunt. Anyways they set up next to us. Sniper team running low on silenced ammo switched to loud weaponry.

One of the guys outside broke off and went into our cave. I was about to say "use silenced weaponry" because I wanted Vincent to place a satchel on the drug crate. Too late it seemed as we engaged the patrols. I was shot dead in the first 5 seconds.

Somehow most of the enemy were killed and the explosive was planted. I was watching outside how some of the patrols decided to move away from the cave. Odd thing to do but maybe they were gaurding the rear. Most stayed behind though.

All of our men died trying to get out of that blasted cave. Satchel only blew up half the objective sadly enough. All squads perished and the main objective still remained. CRITICAL MISSION ERROR!

Was "fun" though. Maybe not so for others. All about the satisfaction you feel when you accomplish something after a long mission. That being, for us, securing the cave.

P.S: I've got a new signature. Kind of fits, doesn't it?

Last edited by Da-Fort on Sat 24 Mar - 16:34:53; edited 1 time in total
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Fri 23 Mar - 11:47:12

It turns out the call sign depends on what chopper your in. SO once i was in SOAR 2 but when you called me i was then in the rear seat trying to sort out how to collect and drop boats with klutz. SO i was unsure what call sign i was. Hence we changed to Burger01 for klutz, he being an American. I changed to lactic01 being English and fond of every thing Dairy.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Fri 23 Mar - 16:36:34

Lactic 01 hahaha!

I love having these big reads, especially when they involve me :D
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down