*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PR:Arma 2 realeased

+2
kerrermanisNL
Xazper
6 posters

Go down

PR:Arma 2 realeased Empty PR:Arma 2 realeased

Post by Xazper Fri 2 Sep - 23:19:12

So now that it's out what does people think?

I had friends over tonight so haven't been able to try it yet. Also my new HDD came but my Win 7 CD is at my dads place so I'm installing XP instead (for now... maybe), and it is sloooow!

Videos would be nice :D
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

PR:Arma 2 realeased Empty Re: PR:Arma 2 realeased

Post by kerrermanisNL Fri 2 Sep - 23:23:01

Pfft, I just tried it out for an hour. First I tried connecting to servers that were so shite that i couldnt see anyone move. Then I connected to a server that apparently wasnt an official server. Then I finnaly got in a 'good' server. It was the RIP server, just FYI.
And then it struck me again how awkward the movement is in arma, so stiff I just don't like it at all. Maybe if I put all my settings on low it might be a bit smoother.

I dived straight into the deep and tried squadleading. Then I noticed that almost no-one uses their mic, I had 1 guy that used his mic and I believe he also played BF2: PR, so that was nice. But the movement etc. i so weird and I can hardly get where the shots are coming from, I just didnt have a clue what I was doing.. I might give it another try tommorow on low settings, and just hope for the best. So far I really didnt get any teamplay except for the fact that my squad sticked together, and 1 squad relayed 1 message.

Don't know what to think of it so far. Need to play moar
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 3 Sep - 1:57:08

Not even gunna attempt it me, i no exactly were it will end up. Roll on PR 1 :O i cannot WAIT!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Sat 3 Sep - 3:08:55

Its ok. LAGGY. and it destroys my FPS for some reason. I drop 20-40 just in this mod, normal CO runs like a dream. We'll see how things go. IT's definitely an improvement on normal Arma, but thats not saying much!

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sat 3 Sep - 14:26:32

Oh for F's sake! I finally get windows installed, all the drivers, Arma, OA and finally PR. "This is not an authorized server"... well s**t. :(
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Sat 3 Sep - 14:56:54

REstart PR, that should fix it?

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 3 Sep - 16:56:31

I had the same message yesterday,i didn't restart and just connected to another server, then it worked. I think that might be a server with @pr in its name to attract players, even though it doesn't run the mod.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sat 3 Sep - 17:11:17

Finally made it work. I'm playing now but need a TS ip? pwetty pwease?
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 3 Sep - 18:15:02

clan members section in the announcements New TS3 server details and PW.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 4 Sep - 19:41:40

Looks like hackers found something to do. Everytime I join a server now it gets hacked in 10 minutes and kill of the fun of the mod.. I'll be going back to PR:arma when they figure that stuff out.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sun 4 Sep - 23:36:07

I've been playing it a bit and It's alright. I hate the low FPS and the menues (although PR menues are good), the medic system is OK but confusing when you heal someone, diagnose them, they're bleeding, you apply dressing but they don't need it? then you rediagnose and they're fine.

I was running around zargabad on INS today and after my squad got killed I managed to fight ALL the way through the city killing about 15-17 people on the way finally blowing up 2 caches.. damn I was good. But a little boring as there was very little teamwork. I think It'll be a lot better once they get custom maps, sorted the stupid authorization bug and we get to play with a few clan mates.

TL:DR too buggy, great concept, give it time.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 5 Sep - 0:51:45

apparently BIS don't like us PR people :( or the BIS community should I say.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 5 Sep - 7:46:53

some of the arma2 community have been total dickholes about this coming out. They think that every mod/thing that gets released for Arma2 they should be able to do what the f**k they like with it. Self entitled little pricks imo!

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 5 Sep - 11:50:38

Haha yeah it's terrible, makes them just look like a bunch of douches. They can f**k off.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 5 Sep - 11:58:39

imo, if things are released for free/by modders, the creator gets to decide what happens with it, regardless of the thoughts of the community.

from reading that train wreck of a thread on the BI forums, most of the whiners don't even get the point of the mod in the first place. alot of comments along the lines of "OMG NO COOP" or "i've never struggled adding mods to ArmA" etc etc

what a great community!

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down