*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Win ideas for PR

+8
kopite73
speedhound1-WYD-
Snippers
capitan
Jay Scott
Robskiet
zygizz
gijohn2
12 posters

Go down

Some Win ideas for PR Empty Some Win ideas for PR

Post by gijohn2 Mon 9 May - 11:45:20

As i typed this up then realised i need 25 posts + they are not taking equipment ideas any more i thought i would post this here so i does not go to waste

Any way i was thinking it would be great if the marines could get the Mk19 onto a humvee ( http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2248/2310841930_3bf773eb7e.jpg )

Also on stationary gun positions ( HMG's mainly from FOB and maybe on a few vehicles ) Have a scope version and a unscope version using the left click and right click function

( https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img223/1270/afgh59gb8.jpg )

Also another suggestion but for the British would be having the jackal which is slowly replacing the landrovers i think

( http://armour.ws/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jackal2with50cal.jpg )

( http://www.armedforces-int.com/upload/image_files/corporate_policy/images/projects/38/jackal-on-the-move.jpg )

Another would be a quad bike for the british army which could be used for transporting 1 ammo crate (?) + 1 person (?) ( http://oakleymc.net/files/4712/4465/0891/Afghan084.jpg )

The quad bike all ready exists in BF:Special forces so that would be easy to do

Another suggestion is to be able to use the red dot and 3.5x scope on the G36's , I think if you have it as a selectable option on the kit (Like selecting a weapon etc) G36A1 Zoom , G36A1 Red dot? would be easy to do but then again i have never coded in my life

It's a shame that they are not taking suggestions any more as none of the above have been suggested before on the PR forums! :(
gijohn2
gijohn2

Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Some Win ideas for PR Empty Re: Some Win ideas for PR

Post by zygizz Mon 9 May - 11:49:51

Quad bikes was in previous versions but for some reason they removed it

zygizz

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 9 May - 12:01:54

How does a Jackal provide troop protection? lol
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 9 May - 12:53:14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackal_(vehicle) <-- For Robert

If the quad was brought into PR my Squad Leading days would be over, the only ones you mention id like to see is the jackal, the ACOG HMG and the Mk19.

( But most of all i wish they would bring out some new Taliban maps like kokan )
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by gijohn2 Mon 9 May - 13:04:24

Response from one of the admins i PM'd my idea to "You obviously didn't pay enough attention when reading the sticky We have Military Advisors for the factions you mentioned, hence we don't take equipment suggestions for them. And about the scopes, we look at what is realistic: what kind of scopes/red dots are issued to troops?

Dunehunter"
gijohn2
gijohn2

Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 9 May - 13:13:19

Hearts and minds Jonny boy, You cant win them all over.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 9 May - 13:23:22

Solution: Get ArmA 2 :) all that stuff is in there

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 9 May - 13:43:11

Should have OA on wed.

I still dont think ill play it as much as PR, i cant get use to the movement in Arma. Much prefare the smoothness of PR.

Solution: PR-Arma cheers
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 9 May - 14:03:25

That G36 idea is already coming, it was already finished however, they are just waiting to complete the work on all weapons before they make it active, it would involve scoping up then using Q menu to choose, there are videos with it working, same sort of stuff used for picking the range on grenade launchers.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 9 May - 14:13:10

I prefer the smoothness of PR too, but ArmA has so much more possibilities. Cannot wait for PR:ArmA. One tip though if you haven't already done this, turn head bob right down in your ArmA profile. Makes it a bit better.

Ohh really, that sounds good. Surely it's time for a new PR release by now

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 9 May - 14:32:16

For real,

I've been whoring a lot of their design plans Razz Some of there stuff is nearly 100%

This is for the community factions, but I'm not all that optimistic on how thats going to work.

Can't wait though Razz
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Mon 9 May - 16:31:36

none of these suggestions have been suggested before. your kidding right ?

all of your suggestions have been suggested loads of times before. (probably why the PR Dev team have structured the suggestion forum and use of Military Advisers protocol the way they have)

you also have to think about game balance with these sort of ideas, having a Mk19 humvee would effectively be the equivalent of the old TOW humvee because M203's will take out an APC, so on many maps you would have to get rid of the odd LAV or Bradly FV to make room for an unarmoured humvee ???? doesn't make to much sense do it ?

agree about some vehicles in PR but when you consider that they have a hard time finding people who can produce statics where do they get time for vehicles and stuff ?

speed

PS

is there a Arma sub forum ? if not, should we make one so Arma enthusiasts can take there Arma stuff there instead of on the PR sub forum ?

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Mon 9 May - 18:06:50

play bad company all them are on there .

( sory speed lol )
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 9 May - 18:28:58

Snippers wrote: same sort of stuff used for picking the range on grenade launchers.
I keep forgetting you can do that, I'm still hardcore in that I adjust my aim manually, still hit the target 95% of the time too. Darn these things!

As already mentioned, a Mk19 on a HUMV would be overkill. It could work on large maps like Kashan, but I don't think it would sit well with how the PR community works - in my mind the Devs are more focused on "Infantry" roles rather than vehicles, i.e. Infantry is the priority, vehicles are just there for some added carnage (dumbed down version, don't flame).

The HMG Nests I would like to see changed, and having a scope on it would be brilliant, same thing for some of the Vehicle .50cals, but then you already have the Crow which essentially does that...

Just get them to focus on the important things, more Blackhawks and being able to rope from said Blackhawks! :lol: cheers
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Mon 9 May - 21:55:55

The HMGs do have zoom, if you hadn't noticed. Actual scope would be good though.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zer0 Tue 10 May - 5:03:54

Heres some ideas on how actual game can be improved:
Improving physiscs on british vehicles- its ridicolous to be killed by a tracked 70 tonnes tank wich is hopping like crazy, and im not mention here the mayhem when u try to move an Challanger or Warrior in the forrest
Removing red dot rifle kit slot from blufor and make that available from acog rifle menu(similar to deployed/undeployed options on some weapons)
Posibility to add colored smoke to grenadier kit(blufor) to block thermals on long range
Adding KA-52 Hokum to Russian forces.
Reintroduction of BTR90 on some maps(BTR 90 is more common in Russian armed forces than all MTLB's put together, in terms of realism) and removal of BTR 60 wich is an obsolete and in course of deactivation APC within russian land forces.
Adding suppresion and "off target throwing" on tanks vs tanks hits(kinda strange when you are hit with a shell moving 2 km/s and nothing happens except damage)
Functional scopes - bullet drop beyond 200 m on 5.56 ammo and scopes explanation or in manual details(especially russian RPG7 HAT, IDF M279LAW LAT)
Map marker precision increase on regular armies(USMC,US Army, PLA, Russia, IDF, Canada)
Dedicated repair trucks
Removal of kills on assets deploying.
Reintroduction of specops kit (2xc4,4xclaymore,GTLD)
Enhancing commander role :
- reintroduction of commader's approval on FOB build
- UAV(maybe armed one)
- area atack unavailable if hes not in the job for 30 or 45 minutes
Introduction of player marker/vehicle marker wich basically means that a player can set his own marker,visible only for him to enhance spotting precision or movement on the battlefield.
Reintroduction of 9k22 Tunguska M1 AAV for russian forces (personal preference) - awesome firepower against helicopters, and dual 30mm cannons are very effective against fortifications/infantry - never fully understood this MTLB bollocks...even the 30 mil MTLB one could be replaced by the fast moving ,high maneuvrable and AMPHIBIOUS BTR90,wich already WAS INGAME.
thats about it...cant remember more now.

Last edited by Zer0 on Tue 10 May - 15:11:02; edited 1 time in total
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by blip2 Tue 10 May - 11:14:20

especially russian RPG7 HAT, IDF M279LAW LAT

Yeh, I looked this up. On the PR forums there is a post (somewhere) from a dev saying that the scopes aren't finished!!! i.e. the rocket still shoots from the center of the screen and drops from there (ah-la standard RPG). I've found it's easier to take it unscoped and use it as you would a standard rpg.
blip2
blip2

Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down