*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it

+11
speedhound1-WYD-
Mad-Mike
JToTheDog
Recon
Robskiet
Xazper
Orford
OnePigeon
Bounty
Jay Scott
gijohn2
15 posters

Go down

Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it  Empty Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it

Post by gijohn2 Mon 17 Jan - 23:57:20

Ill just post the website and other links

http://restrepothemovie.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1559549/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjqR6OucBc

Now im a mentally strong guy , But this nearly had my in tears

Watch it!
gijohn2
gijohn2

Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it  Empty Re: Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it

Post by Jay Scott Tue 18 Jan - 0:35:07

Watched it awhile ago wasnt all that impressed in the end

If you liked that search youtube for armadillo that will blow you away!!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it  Empty Re: Restrepo , Every one in this clan will enjoy it

Post by gijohn2 Tue 18 Jan - 0:38:24

Jay Scott wrote:Watched it awhile ago wasnt all that impressed in the end

If you liked that search youtube for armadillo that will blow you away!!

Yeah my friend told me about it a few weeks ago , Haven't got around to downloading it yet =/
gijohn2
gijohn2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Tue 18 Jan - 6:17:37

I loved the part where the guys trying to move the Mk.19 and theres someone on his radio saying things like "Deeerr Whut Kinda Ranch?" and he just keeps answering him.
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Tue 18 Jan - 14:02:24

That looks great. Will check that and Armadillo out
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Tue 18 Jan - 15:45:57

Restrepo is now showing on the NatGeo HD channel. its on atleast once a week. Awsome stuff.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Tue 18 Jan - 16:08:04

I saw this right after watching Armadillo. Shows just how unreal CoD style games really are. Even PR is an arcadey piece of s**t next to this.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 18 Jan - 17:00:37

PR will never be arcadey.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Wed 19 Jan - 1:06:05

Jay Scott wrote:PR will never be arcadey.

Cause not. I'm just compared to the real thing it is quiet different. It's still a game after all.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 19 Jan - 1:42:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj9jhg9-djU&feature=related

this part of the movie made me lol like non other xD
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon Sun 23 Jan - 23:37:46

can any1 find me a download link for armadillo i cant find any.

Recon

Registration date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gijohn2 Mon 24 Jan - 0:54:46

Recon wrote:can any1 find me a download link for armadillo i cant find any.

Not a download but the quality is good

http://stagevu.com/video/atbqwwhvpcic

I watched it and the way the Danish soldiers deal with situations compared to the Yanks is well a damn site better =/

gijohn2
gijohn2

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon Mon 24 Jan - 22:32:03

thx m8

Recon

Registration date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Thu 27 Jan - 11:36:20

Watched half of it this mornning before work and I have to say I'm enjoying it.
Don't envy those guys in any way, but good on em.

Armadillo next
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 27 Jan - 22:38:52

Gunna watch it again now.

Look out for are clan member MasterG he is in this documentry.

He is an APC crewman named MADS :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Fri 28 Jan - 13:39:33

Watched Armadillo without subs. My Danish isn't as bad as I thought but I probably missed something.
Anyway, cool s**t.

Gonna watch Restrepo before a round of PR.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad-Mike Fri 28 Jan - 17:17:44

Watched it awhile back to, must admint its a sickning film, nearly had me going sad
if u have nt watched it yet, watch it! :D
Mad-Mike
Mad-Mike

Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Tue 1 Feb - 3:45:31

Afghanistan,

seems like its been in the news forever, seems like it'll be in for some time yet.

I know what I'm about to write may come across as all 'armchair general' but does anyone else see major inconsistencies in ISAF thinking ?

Panorama tonight for example (31 Jan '11 BBC1) was a report on Sangin (recently taken over by the USMC from British command).
The USMC are now re-doing everything we had done which they had formerly immediately abandoned ? yes its perfectly true hindsight is always correct but these streets, compounds and fields are won at a cost, this lack of joined up thinking is costing lives and limbs.

And 10 years down the line where are we ? peculiar that gangster mentality and tactics can defeat nations, whilst Pakistan burns and ISAF and Afghan national forces endure this hell the Al Qaeda ring leaders and their money men sit around with impunity.

what makes the Taliban and Al Qaeda tick ? money, simple.

without money the Jihadist is to poor to fight but will still want to fight, with the Afghan? take the money away and you'll most likely take most of the reasons for fighting away as well.

why don't we get the money ?

it strikes me that we (the west) are all to happy to be noble when its just soldiers used up as collateral, but lose that next BAE contract to Saudi (when we kill some of the countries wealthiest men) ? don't be silly....you cant use politics as collateral damage and you cant use contracts as collateral damage either. This is the message.

I have an elder brother who is now quite high up in the RAF, he landed in the Falklands a week or so after Stanley fell to set up the permanent air defence system, he served in both Gulf wars and is now on the 'Defence future of Britain' (or some such name) committee and a recent duty last year was to part of the opening the HFH wing at Headley court.
he has seen much but that day at Headley court had him properly choked. ( I saw him a few weeks after and he still wasn't 'right')

please remember that films and documentaries have real people behind them, Restrepo is a statement of fact its not just to be watched, its to be thought about. (sorry if that sounds sanctimonious)

Korengal Valley footnote.

the US forces pulled out in 2010 claiming the freed up troops would add flexibility to the overall campaign, giving what many saw as a Taliban victory, but geopolitically really pissed of the Pakistanis who had been internationally persuaded to fight in those regions and now feel that they have been left without support by the korengal (amongst many in the region) withdrawals.

Afghanistan, anyone else feel like its all 1 step forward 3 steps back ?

speedhound

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 1 Feb - 14:10:02

I dont think we will ever no the true reason of this war.

My uncle ben went right through the army ending up briefing the S.A.S
the info he gives me is that everybody is pulling out in 2015.

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Tue 1 Feb - 15:08:15

the reasons seem fairly clear to me,

the USA was attacked thus invoking the NATO alliance agreement.

but yes there does seem to be talk of 2015 as a cut off date which doesn't sound much like a winning speech, more like "we've had enough of this" type of thing.

shame on the world if that happens, and i predict that if a unilateral withdrawal happens it will come back to haunt us and the region.

speed

speedhound1-WYD-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummern4 Fri 4 Feb - 2:32:21

Just saw Armadillo. Great movie. I really enjoyed the in combat footage. How some guys just walk around in the middle of the battle like none is shooting. Very interesting to follow troops in real combat and see how they react cus there is no way to train troops for real combat. Just like Mads(mini) says, -Its like football, you train and train for it but when you get to the game you get practice you cant achieve in training. anyway... some scary s**t going on down there. All my blessings too them and my friends who are down there atm.
Hummern4
Hummern4

Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 21 Apr - 1:02:53

Tim Hetherington (director Restrepo) was killed by pro Gaddafi forces in Misurata Libya yesterday whilst doing a project on the Libyian rebels

speedhound

speedhound1-WYD-

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Thu 21 Apr - 6:08:43

speedhound1-WYD- wrote:Tim Hetherington (director Restrepo) was killed by pro Gaddafi forces in Misurata Libya yesterday whilst doing a project on the Libyian rebels

speedhound

Just seen this on the news, some bad s**t going on over there. bout time something was done about it. so many lives wasted. thumbsdown
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gijohn2 Thu 21 Apr - 10:29:25

Here is the next combat area , Libya

Rebels will gain control eventually and take over Libya and when will claim some Ghad bullshit which NATO will not like so they will put troops on the ground, So we will pull our troops out of afghan and drop them back into another sand trap with rag heads and IED's

There ALWAYS has to be a conflict going on some where other wise unemployment will shoot sky high , So any little war where NATO can claim there is a terrorist threat they will invade =/
gijohn2
gijohn2

Back to top Go down

Post by Viglen Thu 21 Apr - 12:17:05

Was very sad when i saw it on the news :(
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Thu 21 Apr - 12:28:25

;( sucks, wanted to see more of his work.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Thu 21 Apr - 12:43:56

That is intense..

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down