*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hate being a grown up, but need some advice

+2
Daze
Naytdawg
6 posters

Go down

Hate being a grown up, but need some advice Empty Hate being a grown up, but need some advice

Post by Naytdawg Wed 24 Nov - 15:44:36

Ok so i work for a employer, they pay me PAYE

on the side i do a bit of cash in hand work at festivals, the company i do that for have been pinged by the HMRC and are checking out everyone they have paid etc

So. i need to set up a self assesment and go self employed, how much do i disclose, what do i say, put do, etc

at the moment im going back through invoics and bank statements just making a spread sheet of what ive been paid for work done, is that all it is too it?
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Hate being a grown up, but need some advice Empty Re: Hate being a grown up, but need some advice

Post by Daze Wed 24 Nov - 15:47:56

Pass
send me all ya money and tell them to foooookkkkk off Razz
Daze
Daze
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Hate being a grown up, but need some advice Empty Re: Hate being a grown up, but need some advice

Post by Orford Wed 24 Nov - 18:31:20

Keep recipts for every thing work related. clothes, food, fuel. even how many miles your have done in your own car for "your" company. Hotel or camping bills. You will be surprised at how much you can knock opff for out of pocket expensis. Also and time you did at home on phone calls or other time spend arranging things for "your company" as your phone bill and gas/elecy can be claimed for as a buisness expence when self employed.

My wife ran a online shop for nearly 4 years on ebay and on her own web site we pulled about £150 a week out of it to top up my wages and she never paid a penny in TAX or income tax for it. Acording to the tax man she lost money each year due to over heads. htf do you think the rich of this country pay less income tax then the £10,000 nannys they employe for there kids.

Or as it will be your first offence play dumb and say you didnt think it was cash in hand and that you got paid NET of TAX and they company already took the tax off.
ffs dont let them estermate how much you owe or you may as well go buy some 20/40w oil and lube up ya ass crack cos the TAX man is coming big boy.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ivandobsky Wed 24 Nov - 19:27:14

cos the TAX man is coming big boy.
Don't worry too much mate - Orf is just shittin ya..
I was self-employed for 16 years. The tax man is very helpful to the small guys..if you're honest with him. I spoke to the head inspector for NW England once, he said that unless you owe 5-figure sums, they won't be wasting time coming after you.
ivandobsky
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Wed 24 Nov - 21:00:34

I know you need to include two separate annual income figures, one for the employer that you work for, and one that you get for your festival stuff in a year.
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 24 Nov - 23:09:49

yeh what Ivan said, they will be more intrested in the company than you mate.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 25 Nov - 8:45:08

If it makes you feel any better, I did a shed load of freelance work a few years back. They never came after me.

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down