*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get my other partion running

+2
Mad-Mike
Shug06
6 posters

Go down

Can't get my other partion running Empty Can't get my other partion running

Post by Shug06 Tue 15 Dec - 13:04:52

I've my PC partioned and Vista is on the second harddrive, since a faulty shutdown I cannot get it to run on startup. If I go into XP, I can see the harddrive and drag stuff over, but that's about it. Any suggestions. I want to find the HD and put Win 7 on both HDs, even join them as one.
Shug06
Shug06

Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Can't get my other partion running Empty Re: Can't get my other partion running

Post by Mad-Mike Tue 15 Dec - 15:20:51

not sure but can you even join them as one?
Mad-Mike
Mad-Mike

Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Tue 15 Dec - 15:38:47

if vista is on the second HDD you should have a option to pick what OS you want to boot. If its that that has gone missing then try pressing F8 when your XP is loading after the bios post screen and going to the repair console and type fixmbr, if not try going to your mobo`s bios and setting the second HDD as the first boot device if your bios finds a working OS on the second HDD then it will boot that OS first. If the OS is fooked then it will look at your other HDD and continue to

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Tue 15 Dec - 15:57:07

what he said

devilhawk

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Tue 15 Dec - 18:04:34

If ur upgrading why not jst rescue wot u want to rescue and format ur vista partition then slap in ur win 7 disk and bobs ur aunties hubby

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Shug06 Wed 16 Dec - 8:07:07

Orford wrote:if vista is on the second HDD you should have a option to pick what OS you want to boot. If its that that has gone missing then try pressing F8 when your XP is loading after the bios post screen and going to the repair console and type fixmbr, if not try going to your mobo`s bios and setting the second HDD as the first boot device if your bios finds a working OS on the second HDD then it will boot that OS first. If the OS is fooked then it will look at your other HDD and continue to

I'll try that mate, thanks.
Shug06
Shug06

Back to top Go down

Post by Shug06 Wed 16 Dec - 8:11:23

ukVandal wrote:If ur upgrading why not jst rescue wot u want to rescue and format ur vista partition then slap in ur win 7 disk and bobs ur aunties hubby

Initally I ws going to upgrade over the vista with win7 but it couldn't be seen, only xp seen. I'd like to format both of them in win7 and use one maybe as storeage and backup. First thing to get my laptop up to date and load my game's, for a sure as the sun set's in the west, I'll hit the wrong key and send PC to the PC heaven!!!! :)
Shug06
Shug06

Back to top Go down

Post by stuntmanSLim Wed 16 Dec - 16:22:24

Shug06 wrote:
ukVandal wrote:If ur upgrading why not jst rescue wot u want to rescue and format ur vista partition then slap in ur win 7 disk and bobs ur aunties hubby

Initally I ws going to upgrade over the vista with win7 but it couldn't be seen, only xp seen. I'd like to format both of them in win7 and use one maybe as storeage and backup. First thing to get my laptop up to date and load my game's, for a sure as the sun set's in the west, I'll hit the wrong key and send PC to the PC heaven!!!! :)

Hi, Save whatever your data from the two drives via flash drives,dvd disks etc,etc > install windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit(4gb ram required) in raid 0 using both hard drives=more or less twice as fast,you will still have all the space the hard drives give in raid 0 but faster.
(i got win 7 ultimate 64 bit in raid 0 with many dx9/10/11 games installed with no problems whatsoever)

rendeer

stuntmanSLim

Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Shug06 Thu 17 Dec - 8:35:40

stuntmanSLim wrote:
Shug06 wrote:

Hi, Save whatever your data from the two drives via flash drives,dvd disks etc,etc > install windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit(4gb ram required) in raid 0 using both hard drives=more or less twice as fast,you will still have all the space the hard drives give in raid 0 but faster.
(i got win 7 ultimate 64 bit in raid 0 with many dx9/10/11 games installed with no problems whatsoever)

rendeer

Right another gig of ram then. I'll try and install as you say above, I just hope that both can be seen, as I've had problems with the second one. Error xc000014c. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :D
Shug06
Shug06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down