*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC/PR is running really slowly need help

+2
MIDGET
Zach
6 posters

Go down

PC/PR is running really slowly need help Empty PC/PR is running really slowly need help

Post by Zach Sun 19 Aug - 14:02:24

It looks like it is only PR as I can run other games just fine. My FPS on PR after a system reboot is fine for a bit but after a while it drop down to 8. After shutting down PR my PC is slow to respond for a few minutes. Any ideas?

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

PC/PR is running really slowly need help Empty Re: PC/PR is running really slowly need help

Post by MIDGET Sun 19 Aug - 14:29:48

i have same issue mate been working on it for a while still no light at end of tunnel

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

PC/PR is running really slowly need help Empty Re: PC/PR is running really slowly need help

Post by ExeTick Sun 19 Aug - 14:41:41

over heat?

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DrHaX Sun 19 Aug - 14:44:18

If the issue is the same, then it's a memory leak in the PR / BF2 files, I tried to search for a solution to help but I failed to identify what exactly was causing the memory leak.
You can go ahead and google for some info based on that, might find a solution for both you and Midge
DrHaX
DrHaX

Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 19 Aug - 14:59:00

Vandal had a such as this.

Check your PR shortcut and compatability make sure run in windows SP3 isnt checked. Basically uncheck them all.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Sun 19 Aug - 15:58:55

the Bf2 memory leak, iirc this is some random sh1t, there was a massive thread about it on PR forums years ago, no one knows, it is either a corrupt install or a software/hardware mis-match but if memory serves no one ever worked out any meaningful combination or trend.(whatever it is its been happening since Bf2 v1, 2005)

try a clean install, try new DL patches (both Bf2 and PR) try a couple of new sticks of memory on the MB (if its cheap enough) have a look at what controls your memory (are you over clocked etc ?)

could it be programmes running in the back ground ? switch some useless sh1t off perhaps ?

just try to mix things up a bit.

the only cure is when it stops doing it.

does it happen when playing Bf2 ? if not then maybe your PR has corrupted during install.

have you got special forces installed ?

how many times have you uninstalled Bf2 and how many times have you completely (and i mean completely) cleaned your registry of EA stuff ?

do you have trouble installing Bf2 and any patches ?

have you trying forcing Bf2 PR on to 1 core whilst you run it ?

switched your firewalls off ?

does Bf2PR run OK as a single player game ?

erm running out of suggestions....

good luck

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Sun 19 Aug - 19:28:24

maybe try this,

start task manager,go to processes, go to view on the menu bar and select collumns, tick 'handles' then rank the handles column, this will show you what is using the most memory.

if the result is Bf2 then all i can suggest is what i wrote above or try digging out that old thread on PR forums and see if anyone cured their problems and what their specifics were, maybe just maybe what helped them could help you ?

good luck

speedhound1-WYD-

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Tue 21 Aug - 9:04:34

speed i went as far as whiping my hard drives clean and starting from scratch still get the issue start off at 60-70 fps then hour or so later im getting 13-20

MIDGET

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Tue 21 Aug - 9:06:31

gfx running at 36deg cpu at 42 no overheating 650W power pack so plenty of power quad core prossesor should be running it fine also 4gb ram

MIDGET

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Tue 21 Aug - 16:32:58

windows 7 has known memory leaks, if 7 were to be using 3+ gb (of 4 gb) of ram in the background Bf2 would slowly crawl to a halt, Q if you leave Bf2 running do you eventually CTD ?

win7 for many people starts to leak after being left on for greater than 24 hours, for most the result is reversable by rebooting but i've read many complaints about up to 1.5 gb going 'missing'. if win 7 already uses 2 gb, it then leaks 1 gb that would leave you 1 gb to play bf2PR which aint gunna happen as you know.

as my above post, go to task manager and see what is using most memory handles, if whilst you're trying to play some random audio file is using 1.5 gb of ram you'll know its nothing to do with Bf2 or PR.

i believe handles are around less than 1000 = normal, 5000-20000 = bad.

perhaps snippers or someone could help with this.

(to rank the new handles column click the column header)

speedhound1-WYD-

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Tue 21 Aug - 16:36:23

I was thinking the same as speed. it is something with ram and windows 7.

windows 7 64 takes a minimum of 2gb ram then other programs take some aswell so lets say you have around 1 to 1.5g ram to play with.

you need 1gb to run BF2 and I would guess you need a bit more on PR more like 2-3gb ram.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down