*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report

+5
P-koustrup
-=B2Z=-OneShot
kopite73
ExeTick
Xazper
9 posters

Go down

[BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report Empty [BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report

Post by Xazper Sat 26 Jan - 21:19:04

Complete and utter failure.

TS couldn't handle us.
Server couldn't handle us.
People weren't clear on their slots.
People respawned with default gear.
WAY too many IED's too close together.

It was great seeing so many people turn up. It was a shame pretty much nothing worked and the mission was buggy. For the last part I can only apologize and say everything worked fine in testing.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

[BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report Empty Re: [BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report

Post by ExeTick Sat 26 Jan - 21:35:35

TS was fixed fairly easy. anti flood settings and it was fixed.

server can probably handel it but arma 2 engine have limits on how many units and items that can be on the server at the same time.

happend on dayz before they added all the clean up scripts.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

[BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report Empty Re: [BIG ARMA GAME] Jan 26th, After Action Report

Post by kopite73 Sat 26 Jan - 22:34:30

not to worry maybe a trusted map that works if there are goin gto be a load of us on . sorry but after 2 hours of saying can ya hear me then i got stuck in a truck on dysnc i had to go .
see ya at the next one
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by -=B2Z=-OneShot Sun 27 Jan - 7:54:53

I know my computer sucks.. But usually when I played with you guys, I had no trouble running the game on low/medium and it ran smooth..

But this time.. Part of the game I was almost running in slow motion.. My fps might have been around 10 or less... And that was just unplayable for me... Hopefully next time it will be a bit better map..

would be fun to get all those ppl to play tvt though...

And our squad it good out there as far as I was on atleast Wink
-=B2Z=-OneShot
-=B2Z=-OneShot

Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Sun 27 Jan - 9:15:28

As i have no idear what it takes to run a arma server, i can only pitch in what i have heard. :)

Lots of ai´s = bad for server
less ai´s = good for server

there fore.
less ai + lots of players = ok.
but even better
No ai + less players vs less players = super duper no problem at all.

but then as i said above, this is just me pulling stuff out my ass :)
[sorry for bailing in domination, the burger that i had ate for dinner, desided to come up again..........fml]

- might i suggest that we ask the good ppl over at reddit, what we can do in order to support this many players + a good coop mission? reddit.com/r/arma or reddit.com/r/armadev
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Sun 27 Jan - 11:33:28

Firstly guys thanks all for attending :)! We played for a total of a bit over 5 hours.

Server/map issues:
- The map layout setup etc. was nice!
- It is indeed a shame that the server couldn't handle it. There are many problems when it comes to the server. Firstly MSO is intense of the scripts, on Aliabad we had lots of white regions (where AI spawn) that were close to the HQ. I think Aliabad had a very high density of both IEDs and AI.
- TS - I did indeed tweak some settings on the server side, which eased it up and that seemed to them work fine. It is possible to turn off the error noises.
- There were indeed gear issues, when I re-spawned my gear would always default and I wouldn't have a 117. I could thankfully grab a 148 and it would be good again.
- Nixy did a great job keeping things together as a Plt.Sgt

On Aliabad actual AAR:
I actually enjoyed this (minus the issues). It was awesome to see the 7 vehicle strong convoy. So badass seeing 4 Jackals infront pretty much fully loaded! The first time things didn't go so well, but when we had a plan things did seem to be heading in the right direction. It was great to oversee the town clearing and it looked really cool from Command's position. Though inevitably the server couldn't cope. I was heavily overwhelmed trying to fix some of the issues early on so I apogolise for the late start. I think it would have been really awesome had we had not the above problems.

Takistan Domi AAR:
No lag huzzah! This was pretty awesome and things were going fairly well until we hit the enemy unforunately in domi they get a ridiculousness amount of reinforcements until the radio tower is taken. we Utilized the parachute + Satchel charge plan to take care of it courtesy of Ferit. After which the squads managed to succesfully sieze Chak Chak!

@Koustrup I have already read a ton of forum posts about server settings and it seems that everyone has opinions but nothing concrete.

The future:
- I am going to work on improving the installation guide with more common issues and explainations of how to fix them!
- Hoping to organize a Feburary event soon!

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal-PR Sun 27 Jan - 15:13:25

Yeah was a damn shame that everything died that map had alot of ai civvys in that probs caused some of the problems looking forward to the next big game though we just need to iron out from issues also going to try and get a few small patrol ops going aswell one game a month just isn't enough!

Hopefully over time we can resolve these issues and get the big games running smooth

Royal-PR
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 27 Jan - 15:21:43

Yes Royal Yes! :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullet2Hart Sun 27 Jan - 17:49:44

We should just stick to big arma domination because its awesome and tried and tested and always a challenge :D

+ I like setting up my lil' engineer outpost (Apart from while I was doing this everybody decided to come join me b4 i could set up meaning the enemy started pew pew'ing me...
But yeah I love runnning logistics :D
Bullet2Hart
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down