*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New gaming PC build :D

+5
Snippers
Orford
kerrermanisNL
Pectus
Enzo89
9 posters

Go down

My New gaming PC build :D Empty My New gaming PC build :D

Post by Enzo89 Sat 22 Dec - 15:03:54

So yeah i've been convinced to build a pc rather than to buy a complete packaged and me and dirty (well..dirty) came up with this build i just wanted to know what you guys think and is it pretty much compatible with each other as lets face it i have no idea about this stuff.

Processor - AMD FX 6200 Processor - 3.8GHz, SKT AM3+, 14MB, 125W, PIB

MotherBoard - Asrock Socket AM3+ 970 Extreme4 5200MT/S Motherboard

Hardrive - Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA III 6 Gbps Internal 3.5 inch Hard Drive

Memory - Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 Non ECC CL9 8GB Kit (2x 4GB) XMP T1 series DIMM Memory Module

Power Supply - OCZ TECHNOLOGY OCZ600MXSP-UK OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply - UK

DvD Writer - Samsung SH-S222A/BEBE Internal DVD Writer with 2 MB Buffer Memory

Graphics Card -
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5) 1.25 GB GDDR5 SDRAM PCI Express 2.0 x16 Graphics adapter

Just wanted to know what you guys think and if you have any of the above if you could tell me how good or bad it is, will be ordering later on can't wait :D

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

My New gaming PC build :D Empty Re: My New gaming PC build :D

Post by Pectus Sat 22 Dec - 15:26:59

I'd stay away from AMD processors. For gaming, Intel's Ivy and Sandy bridge CPU's are superior to anything AMD has to offer. Other than that, seems like a good build.

Pectus

Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Sat 22 Dec - 15:35:32

i was going to go for intel but apparently there going to stop making some parts so you can't upgrade in future or something so was advised to go with AMD

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 22 Dec - 15:43:29

I might change to a GTX 670 if you're willing to put the money down (preferably the ASUS or zotac AMP! edition)

I would go for a intel i5 probaply nowadays. I got a AMD too, I don't regret it but intel is quite a lot better I think Wink
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Sat 22 Dec - 16:01:01

The GTX 670 is a bit steap but s**t the 660 is cheaper than where i was going to get the 570 lol hmm yeah i think i will be going for this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-285-AS&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 22 Dec - 16:43:52

I just built my new rig yesterday.

i5 3570k

gigabyte Z77x-UD5h Mobo

Corsair H80i. cooler.

Got it running stable with a 4.6ghz over clock but dropped it it 4.2ghz for a longer life.

Already have ATI 7850 2gb graphics.

Samsung 120gb SATA3 ^BGs SSD.

Corsair XMS3 12 gb DDR 3. running at 1600mhz.

I would go i5 rather than AMD but it all depends on your budget.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Sat 22 Dec - 16:44:43

Enzo89 wrote:i was going to go for intel but apparently there going to stop making some parts so you can't upgrade in future or something so was advised to go with AMD

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/12/intel-reaffirms-support-for-socketed-cpus-for-the-forseeable-future/

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullet2Hart Sat 22 Dec - 17:45:06

My theoretical take on this whole socketed Processor issue is that the "Newer" released CPU's are going to come socketed, and also the "budget" Desktops also, While maintaining their mid-budget cpus to be replacable, since their buisness plan seems to sway towards this it wouldn't suprise me if I'm correct with this statement Razz

And yeah I5 or I7 is alot better then the same ranged AMD - the price is steep but the benefits outweigh the price differential. Personally I'd go for an I5 since the I7 isn't worth the extra pennies you spend on it's mediocre differences, not to mention it's not even got a long range lifespam if you decide to over-clock it since their range guide was terrible.

Most companies purposely under-clock their processors because it increases their life-span, so when you over-clock it technically you're putting it back to it's original state, at the expense of a shorter lifespan - and I've got to say that Intel are far more trustworthy to over-clock since they under-clock it alot more than an AMD processor, so if you're new to all this and you see that an AMD and Intel processor more or less look the same but the AMD is far cheaper, you know now that it's because Intel are far more compatable for over-clocking, and are in fact far more superior to the same ranged AMD processors - just my 2 cence :3
Bullet2Hart
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sat 22 Dec - 17:51:32

AMD's not bad for budget machines, or home-office desktops. For gaming however, I think AMD dropped the ball with the Bulldozer/Piledriver architecture.

The problem here is that the way these CPU's are set up (and yes the FX6200 has that architecture), is that every CPU is built from several 'units'. Each unit contains 2 processor cores, two Integer Units but just 1 Floating Point Unit. (Floating Point is a number with decimals, Integers are whole numbers, to put it simple). When the CPU needs to process a task where lots of Floating Points need to be calculated (and this is the case with games), it really limits their output compared to CPU's which have a 1:1 ratio for processor core/Floating Point Unit.

This is why you often read posts on forums that AMD's newer processors are not true quad/hexa/octocore processors, but rather 'pimped' dual/triple/quadcores, that have some extra power when just Integers are being handled. This is a very black&white view on it though, but it certainly has some truth to it.

Now as for your new computer. I once put up a thread here on the forum. You could look through it and maybe get some idea's. I'm sure the prices are no longer correct seeing as they are several months old, but the gist of it is still the same.

An intel i5 Quadcore (second or third generation) will really get you a lot further than any AMD processor can, for gaming anyway.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Sat 22 Dec - 18:30:29

The current AMD CPUs are pretty good for Video encoding/decoding and other processess that use all the cores to their maximum potential, but for real world computing/gaming (i.e. everything else) they're not standing up aswell due to the way the cores are laid out (as Nixy has said just above).

It's a shame really as AMD had brilliant dual/triple cores and even when quads were first starting to make ground the Phenom X4s were matching Q6600s nearly like for like.

As far as overclocking goes you can get a good clock out of both brands. I don't really know what you're talking about Bullet. A good mid range black edition AMD CPU can clock really well and isn't that much more expensive. AMDs stock coolers have also been brilliant since god knows how long, easy to get a decent clock on them without having to worry about temps. The low profile Intel coolers have nothing on them imo.

Edit: (Again as Nixy was saying) In the lower budget realms for home computing and even some gaming, dual core (even tri-core) AMD CPUs are still pretty damn good at what they do and they should never be shunned because their top spec isn't meeting up to Intel.

Remember, it's not about names and (I hate to say it but there's no other words I can think of atm) fanboys arguing, it's about price/performance comparison and what fits in your budget. It doesn't have to strictly be INTEL/NVIDIA or AMD/ATI . Get what is performing best in tests and benchmarks at the right price for you.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Sat 22 Dec - 22:44:42

I would echo everything here said about the AMD processors, my old rig is an AMD processor and I was going to get AMD with my new one but they just don't compare to intel at the moment. I just built a new rig for me and went with the intel i5 3570K, my parents just got a new one and I got them an i5 2550K. Also the AMD processors get VERY hot and this really limit's your overclocking abilities without forking out for more expensive cooling.

Talking about future upgradability, with the BGA socket (CPU soldered to mobo) this is a future release for the platform after the one after ivybridge (ie 2 releases from now) this means that even if you wanted to you wouldnt be able to upgrade becuase it would be a different platform and manufacturing process anyway. And there will very likely be some 3570K/3770K's knocking around cheap anyway. Also there is no word from AMD saying they won't do it either, they have said they won't do it until 2015 which is exactly the same timeframe intel are looking at (based on current release cycles).

Also AMD are really at the end of AM3 atm therefore whatever processor you buy now it wont be upgradable to the newest one's in the future as the pins won't fit as it will be very likely they have moved onto AM4.

Also, AMD are very shakey atm, there is serious talk of them being taken over/going bust and their processors offer very little resistance to intel in terms of real world performance.

EDIT: graphics wise go with either 7950,7870, 660ti (the ti is MUCH better than the 660 normal) or 670

EDIT 2: I know that a lot of the things listed are more expensive but I would advise waiting and saving that little bit longer than going all out right now, for example I upgraded my PC but I could only afford a new mobo, CPU, RAM and an SSD, so I'm still running an old ATi 4870 1GB graphics card and my old PSU until I have worked and saved enough money for a new graphics card and maybe PSU.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo89 Sun 23 Dec - 16:05:00

wow i didn't expect this much awesome feedback thanks guys :D after reading through everyones comments i think i'm going to stick with AMD as it is just good value for money for still a decent build, i know the intel i5 would be a lot better but i have no patients and just want to get stuck in and play some Planetside 2 and Bf3 :D i've never had a decent pc before so this build will still be pretty epic for me but i really do appriecate all this feedback though, if i had a s**t load of money id be straight in for Intel and the newest gtx lol but hey ya never know father christmas might pop them under my tree Wink

Thanks guys!

have a messy drunken Christmas

Enzo89
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down