*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminiscing about the olden days.

+9
Voodoo
Robskiet
Dobbeh
Nixy23
Jay Scott
H.sta
Eldau
kerrermanisNL
Xazper
13 posters

Go down

Reminiscing about the olden days. Empty Reminiscing about the olden days.

Post by Xazper Sat 22 Oct - 13:41:48

So I was on The Escapist and stumbled on the topic of being accused of hacking. I wrote down the story of the time I kicked so much butt in BF2142 and I thought I'd share it here.

A few years back I played BF2142 a lot. I was in a gaming clan which was not very competetive in terms of ladders or matches, but on our public servers we ruled hard due to our teamwork and communications.

One day the admins of the clan pulled me into a private room on Ventrilo and and asked with a stern voice "Kasper, be honest, are you hacking?" I lol'd hard and of course said "no" because I really didn't.

Later that day I went on to a random server to record some gameplay just to proof I wasn't hacking. The map was Cerbere Landing for anyone who know BF2142 and I was PAC. On my team was 6-8 other pubbers I didn't know and on the other were about 5 members of the clan who owned the server plus some pubbers. I turned on FRAPS and went to work. The guys on my team had trouble getting to the first flag but with my trusty old BAUR H-AR and some precision shots we cleared it in less than a minute. Onwards to the next flag and again we had no trouble taking it. I did a few revives and headshotted some more enemies. At one point and enemy jumped down from a ledge and landed on the other side of a friendly from my point of view. The friendly started bunny hopping back and forth in front of him while the enemy danced likewise but couldn't hit the bunny hopper. I took him out with 3-4 rounds of single fire in between the legs of my ally as he jumped in the air. It was awesome and I got it on video.

The next flag I captured all on my own, killing 4 enemies on my way to the flag and 3 more as they spawned. I didn't get hit once and barely had time to take another step before the game threw me to the menu with a message "You have been banned by the admin of this server" (or something along those lines).

The whole thing took less than 10 minutes and I got it all on video. I went on their forum and posted the video so I could be unbanned but I never heard back from them.

It was pretty awesome and I laughed at the "getting banned for hacking while filming to disprove me hacking" thing. The video is no more but the memory of it so clear to me.

So how about you guys? You got any good ol' tales from your long forgotten gaming past?
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Reminiscing about the olden days. Empty Re: Reminiscing about the olden days.

Post by kerrermanisNL Sat 22 Oct - 13:52:28

You still got that video? Love to see it :D
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Sat 22 Oct - 14:08:26

Sounds pretty awesome Xazper, i never really owned that hard, there are the occasional rounds of MW2 where i am good, but they are rare and far too annoying with the killstreaks.

Kerrer, sorry to say, but they don't exist read the last bit of the message.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Sat 22 Oct - 15:02:08

I used to play bf2142, but i found it was too easy, i don't now if i picked bad servers or was just unlucky... but everytime i played the entire opposing team were idiots and I always ended up the best player without playing perticularly well. the other guys were just dumb. such to a point where it wasn't even funny. My dad still plays though, under the "H.Sta" name.

I would have loved to see that video aswell :)

Last edited by H.sta on Sat 22 Oct - 15:03:22; edited 1 time in total
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 22 Oct - 15:03:03

Counter Strike Source! Was in a clan call the Deadite's got banned for hacking " wouldnt even no were to get a hack " never mind install it an all that carry on.

I could get crazy K.d's on CSS:Source with the AK-47 59 kills 2 death's wasn't a rare sight when i was on a server! was an evil son ov a bitch with the AWP + Deagle! also. =D
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Sat 22 Oct - 15:04:26

i suck at CS, my enemies think they are playing against a 12 year old girl
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sat 22 Oct - 15:22:34

My 'hacking' experiences also come from Counter Strike, but 1.5 and 1.6, as I never played source. I don't know how, but I used to be better at FPS games when I was 12 than I am today. Razz Maybe I'm getting old.

As Scotty said, I often got KDs of 50 or 60 to 0 or 1. M4 silenced with an USP rocked. Also, scout/knives hah! I must've pissed everyone off on that map. With low gravity, of course. Otherwise it wasn't a proper scout/knives match Razz

As for the servers I got banned from. It were mostly servers with childish admins as well. The kind of people that would ban others when they lose. The map I apparently mostly 'hacked' on was cs_assault. I could always shoot people through the walls and doors there, because I exactly knew where everyone was. Mainly because everyone was always on predictable spots, but apparently people that are predictable aren't used to getting killed!
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sat 22 Oct - 15:36:32

Speaking of childish admins: I was on 2142 on some random server and I'm at a building corner. I see the muzzleflash of an enemy so I wait for half a second until he run dry to run in front of him. I turn the corner right as he reload. He turn around and sprint away. It takes me just a short burst to kill him while I run after him. In the meantime a friendly walker comes up behind me and spray machinegun fire on the ground between us. The walker pilot/driver is aiming for the enemy I'm running after but is too slow and is hitting behind him. I kill the enemy but is hit in the back by the friendly and he kills me.
Turns out the Walker pilot is one of the admins on the server and I'm promptly banned for 1) Kill stealing and 2) Forcing Teamkill.
I went on the forum and complained immediately even though it was just some random server I don't play on regularly, out of principle I wanted to be unbanned. Turns out it's not the first time they've had problems with this guy and his excessive "admin"ing. I check back a few days later and I've been unbanned... also the jerk was booted from the clan for pissing everyone off, that'll teach him. xD
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobbeh Sat 22 Oct - 18:08:31

Back in the day of my l33tness.

Use to be able to get about 70-4 on COD4 with ease, with a record of 130-5 (Bunny hopping round corners ftw!).

Was banned from about 20 odd servers for "hacking". The old clan I was in use to drag me into the servers they didn't like, so I could just p**s them off by bunny hopping around the place.

But today, just plan suck at aiming xD Would never be able to pull that KDR off again :(

Dobbeh

Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sat 22 Oct - 18:30:50

I'm just to good in PR.

I was quite good in America's Army, took down an seven enemies in this huge building zone map, everyone after the round typed to me saying how good I was.

I felt so LEET. I was like 14 around at the time too, so I made sure I mentioned that to my opponents. Good times. I miss a bit of America's Army sometimes ;(
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Sun 23 Oct - 1:04:05

I used to think I was top dog at Halo Combat Evolved.. Used to rock any server I went on, usually whoring any vehicle until victory. <3
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikemonster Sun 23 Oct - 1:54:21

Hahahaha .. Did any of you guys play me in vBF2? (NWA server or maybe it was UKTF..) I always used to get the highest kills in the server by blatantly exploiting the Friendly Fire rule (allowed non-suicide grenades and claymores). I remember some of the regular [Admins] getting a bit tired of my exploits and kindly asking me to pack it in (for the good of everyone else).

Had some [slightly irritated] rounds discovering how to exploit the noob tube to kill the max number of enemies in inf maps (Karkand bridge ftw), and some equally irritating but [troll] funny games taking the Snipor kit in to CQB and using only the Grenades and Claymores.

You could Kill with a grenade and then throw a clay onto them, the medic would knowingly crawl onto them and revive but then the player would stand up straight away and it would kill them both!

It got old fairly fast, but I sort of enjoyed expressing my frustrations with a silly game dynamic by laughing about my highest score and the 2:1 K:D ratio.

Probalby peeved some people, had a laugh though :l .

Mikemonster

Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 23 Oct - 2:17:49

Ah yes, I used to rock in BF2, most of the time I'd get a good score and still be pissed off at how bad i was doing (or so i thought).. Put over 300 hours in BF2 at the time (over that amount allready if you'd count PR etc. with it)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Sun 23 Oct - 6:29:26

vbf2 still rocks... got 3000 hours or so.. a lot of the red admin here got that and more. thats where it all started.
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DudeNukem91 Sun 23 Oct - 8:36:49

Good memories of the old days. When I was 14, I can remember that I had ordered vBF2 and recieved in my letter box. Haha, I was totally excited that day and made long days from then.

Before playing games I had and still am been in a clan. Its the same principe as NwA but then without new members we didnt know IRL. We were called NcF = Nuclear Family (actualy we stole the name of a Dutch rap group, good music mostly Dutch). After a while they changed their name into kernkoppen (=Nuclearheads, litterally translated). Not sure if that had something to do with us ;P, don't think so. The clan exists out of +- 20 real life friends playing all kind of games. We had lots of LAN's and still. We played alot of scrims with CSS, CoD4, RA3 and C&C: ZH. We had our own servers for CSS, CoD4, site and mumble which we still have. We were rolling on a good skill.

But nowadays its all about LoL (leaque of legends) and I... can't... FRKIN stand that game!!! ....1...2...3.... No, it's just not my cup of tea. BF3 will tie us together again. But that will not last for long, I think.

So, now I play Project Reailty out of protest without any clanmembers of my clan :(. But still it's fun <3.

With BF2 I made over 1000 hours with several accounts, which is not much for most veterans here Wink. Playing from the beginning. With the first version I was mostly the guy being spec-ops planting C4 on the car, Jihad ride, and kaboom! You could almost shoot C4, which was pretty lame. Hapily they changed that.

Btw got my vBF2 stats uploaded for any one who's curious. Down below sig or from bf2s.com : http://bf2s.com/player/47533580/ This is my first account. I was not a hardcore inf Karkand player, which I was good at though. Karkand was good map to get quick big scores. Stats don't say anything but it gives you a little bit insight. I made some good hours, on jets (5.1 k/d Razz, had to say that) and choppers, and I got no purple heart, hihi. << No, statspadding, what I hate and don't understand.

Last edited by DudeNukem91 on Sun 23 Oct - 9:27:30; edited 1 time in total
DudeNukem91
DudeNukem91

Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovvi Sun 23 Oct - 9:04:33

My first time using hacks was in Counter-Strike: CZ, it ended with a VAC ban, haven't used haxzors since.

Though one time (2 years ago) me and my friend downloaded some hacks, went into Cod4 cracked server with no punkbuster and had some lulz.
Lovvi
Lovvi

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Sun 23 Oct - 12:56:30

Lol and here I was thinking 300 hours was much.. Silly me
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by DudeNukem91 Sun 23 Oct - 13:17:30

kerrermanisNL wrote:Lol and here I was thinking 300 hours was much.. Silly me

Yeah, I know over 1000 hours is much. But its not so that ive mutiple accounts with over 1000 hours. In total I got about 1100 hours I think. Over 7 years spread. Not sure if they count AFK time aswell.
DudeNukem91
DudeNukem91

Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down