*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so how do you like the new PR?

+22
CommandoXVI
Orford
SmoothIsFast6
fillsson
deadly22sniper
hitmanrules
Naytdawg
TheShaydeeOne
Chris_Kampfgurke
Lone
capitan
Jay Scott
deano-uk
DavidMiloBoom
Stealthgato
Zer0
speedhound1-WYD-
Tarranauha200
Nixy23
Alchemist
Xxghost87xX
Universal_Anvil
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

so how do you like the new PR? - Page 2 Empty Re: so how do you like the new PR?

Post by Jay Scott Thu 21 Jul - 12:40:21

4/5 a week mate! i get on a ten ish and everyone buggers off Razz
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

so how do you like the new PR? - Page 2 Empty Re: so how do you like the new PR?

Post by Nixy23 Thu 21 Jul - 12:41:50

Nixy23 wrote:

You have to aim high, yes. That isn't realistic, no.

This is what I said, speed. I never said it was realistic. :)

As for the RPG Master, yeah, it has a flat trajectory for approximately the first 300 meters. It self detonates after around 900 meters though, if I'm not mistaken. Not that that matters, since it isn't in PR anyway Razz

The reasons the Devs gave us however, was that there is no way to simulate wind in PR, and the projectile is -very- susceptible to wind. It is -very- hard for an untrained shooter (and let's assume the taliban/hamas/insurgents have had no *proper* RPG training) to shoot in a crosswind, due to the round actually going in AGAINST the wind, instead of curving along with it. And let us not forget that the RPG's the insurgents use doesn't even have the scope as the Russian HAT does. These scopes are on all RPGs used by the armies, due to that being the only reliable way to aim beyond say, a hundred meters.

I do think this 'wind' should only effect shots of 150+ meters, and not make the round drop dead on the floor after 50.. that is indeed very unrealistic.

From what I've read speed, is that the RPG is indeed prefered to be used from distances between 400m and 300m. After that it becomes too unreliable to hit the first shot, even for experienced shooters. As of this moment, that is indeed impossible in PR :(

Last edited by Nixy23 on Thu 21 Jul - 12:45:33; edited 1 time in total
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 21 Jul - 12:45:16

You will find that RPG's are used from as close as 50 mtrs!

Mostly used by the craziest of the bunch! they hide down side ally's and wait for an APC to roll past then psshhoo bang! "then run like forest!"
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Thu 21 Jul - 12:47:02

In cities, by insurgents? Oh yes. That is an often practiced tactic. Cause some s**t by firing with small arms on a convoy of HMMWV's. If one of them stops, kaboom from up close. And that is still possible in PR. However the vehicles never seem to stop there Razz
Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Thu 21 Jul - 13:39:54

It's impossible to hit convoys with this "new" rpg. The velocity of it is too slow to even calculate how far ahead to aim.
I've read in a real life rpg-7 manual that the projectile speed is approximately 300m/s and not like the "cod rpg" that we now have which travels at speeds slower then a bow and arrow...
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthgato Thu 21 Jul - 13:55:28

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/rpg-7.pdf

Evertyhing is there.

Also Nixy, the scope on the RPG in PR is not functional, try to aim with the 500m mark and the RPG will land 100m infront of you, you gotta aim at the sky for a 500m shot...
Stealthgato
Stealthgato

Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Thu 21 Jul - 14:11:27

Oh yes, in PR it is not functional. But they use that scope in real life, where it does work.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by SmoothIsFast6 Thu 21 Jul - 17:25:40

i've noticed a lot more run away! and zig zag! in the new pr

eh........... noobs

SmoothIsFast6

Registration date : 2011-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by katzenjammert Fri 22 Jul - 11:53:11

To me the LAT/HAT RPG's no longer give me the feel I'm shooting something "rocket propelled", which is a shame.

Apparently the medic being able to heal himself, was in itself an old bug and they "fixed" it in this patch without realizing it (it's not mentioned in the change log). They will patch again in about a month to fix new bugs, but the medic will not be reverted back.

katzenjammert

Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DeK_Thrasher Fri 22 Jul - 12:27:13

maybe the PR team are trying to make the RPG realistic by making the insurgents miss all the time?....

have all this random droppage of the rocket and such to force them to miss..... more realistic. lol
DeK_Thrasher
DeK_Thrasher

Registration date : 2011-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by CommandoXVI Tue 26 Jul - 14:46:23

I almost want to start a petition to get the medic self-healing back! However its not actually made a huge amount of difference so far...

CommandoXVI

Registration date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum