*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows update won't let me start up.

+2
kopite73
Robskiet
6 posters

Go down

Windows update won't let me start up. Empty Windows update won't let me start up.

Post by Robskiet Mon 2 May - 7:48:17

Last night after I got off the server I restarted my computer for a windows update I postponed. When it started up again the windows sign is luminating and suddenly I get a quick split second blue screen and the computer restarts and tells me I need to repair my computer or start normally.

When I start it normally the flash of the blue screen of death appears.

When I try to repair it tells me it was unsuccessful and I have to do a system restore, where all the intervals I choose do not work.

Can anyone help? Should I restore to factory settings?

Thanks Robskie
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Windows update won't let me start up. Empty Re: Windows update won't let me start up.

Post by kopite73 Mon 2 May - 7:51:40

start in safe mode F8 . then go to system restore poins and loook for further points . also look in updates hisrory and see what it was that updated it may off been an optional one ie graphics driver or keyboard then go roll back that driver should work mate i had same on saturday .
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Windows update won't let me start up. Empty Re: Windows update won't let me start up.

Post by Robskiet Mon 2 May - 7:54:58

What should i do after I find the update of the driver in the history?

Not so tech savvy, gaming is my skill Wink hehe
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Mon 2 May - 8:34:30

are you running windows 7? they have just released service pack 1 for 7. maybe you havnt installed it properly? takes bout half hour.
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Mon 2 May - 9:19:11

When turned on keep hitting f8 till options popup

Choose safe mode

Go into programs an features

Then in the tabs you can pick updates to uninstall, win 7sp1 has had a load of load issues
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon 2 May - 9:31:53

Getting problems with windows update to when I try to install service pack 1 it keeps saying Code 80073701 Their was a error in windows update

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Mon 2 May - 9:49:48

i havnt downloaded it yet, going to investigate.

installing sp1
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 2 May - 10:34:48

kopite73 wrote:start in safe mode F8 . then go to system restore poins and loook for further points . also look in updates hisrory and see what it was that updated it may off been an optional one ie graphics driver or keyboard then go roll back that driver should work mate i had same on saturday .

Fook me Bin Laden is dead and Kop is giving PC tech support, The world is fooked...................................

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon 2 May - 10:35:34

god bless us

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 2 May - 11:19:08

haha, i appreciate it.

I can't tell what the update was. I run Vista . . like a fool.

Uhm, I had the update installed at 4:30 (to be nice and exact hehe) and I didn't restart it than, I waited till after clan practice (cause I'm so dedicated . . you know) than I got the whole problem.

Does anyone know what the update could of been and what I should search for?

Thank you all.

WOOP WOOP Bin Laden's dead.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 2 May - 11:28:51

O yeah, can't enter safemode.

The beautiful day when Bin Laden dies and I'm fucked with the laptop xD
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Mon 2 May - 12:46:13

lol orford i think i fixed the forum login too ....
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 2 May - 12:48:45

Your on a roll big lad although I ment to say the world is looking up not fooked as both things are a plus.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down