*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay misshaps

+7
OnePigeon
ukVandal
benjibb
JToTheDog
Jevski
kopite73
Zer0
11 posters

Go down

Gameplay misshaps Empty Gameplay misshaps

Post by Zer0 Sat 12 Mar - 7:19:04

Now, a question that speed has adressed in another post : play to win, or play to play ?
Its a question that sometimes reflects the game play and team work. I think the scoretab is the bad legacy from vBF2. You see heavy assets heading to nowhere doing their thing,ending with 1 milion kills but the team loses the map. You see a SL using a logi to build a FOB randomly on the map with no proper use for his team. Now, I dont expect for every player on pr to be a military genius, but I think many of players are forgetting one thing: the game itself. What I wanna see on a regular basis is a logi going 1500 m to give a repair station to a tank or a supply crate for a FOB for example, wanna see CAS grounded and not taking off until they have a target and not wondering on the map blindly ending up killed by some unknown AA, wanna see tanks giving long range support for inf at any given time and not heading 1000 grids away and the list is open.
What i said earlier doesn't occur very often,but when it does its damn annoying.
I dont know if you are aware, but two nights ago was the worse of my experience on PR on this server(none of the regulars was online). Tanks doing their thing on one grid, inf doing their thing on another grid, CAS taking view tours arround the map, FOBs being build in the middle of the street, asking for support and you get something like "i dont speak english". C'mon.
Its one of the many issues with this game and admins have their limits. I just trying to point something out.
I have one solution in mind but its a headache for admins. One experienced admin on every team, observing and taking respective measures but like I said its a headache.
Hopefully you got my point.
No offence to anyone.
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Gameplay misshaps Empty Re: Gameplay misshaps

Post by kopite73 Sat 12 Mar - 9:33:33

get ya point mate check the ban list this week lol.

also i will be keeping an eye on these fobs going up in middle of nowere by those wanting a free slot .......

kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sat 12 Mar - 11:35:07

I agree Zero. Its annyoing as hell.

What pissed me the most off, is apcs acting like tanks. Driving off towards the enemy flag or just randomly around the map hunting kills.

An apc should always stay near inf.
Have the inf advance 100 meters infront while holding back and provide, firesupport, ammo, quick transport and at least kit requests.

The excuse I often hear is "but no1 requested transport/firesupport"
Sometimes it is effective having an apc just rush in and take out a fob. But I would rather see that apc communicate with another sqd, then transport it to that enemy stronghold.

I think on average that each team loses around 30-50 tickets just on having assets used wrong. Be it the Blackhawk as a gunship, or an apc as a tank.

If I see an apc roaming around alone, not supporting the team, then it is something I ask them not to do.
Jevski
Jevski

Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Mon 14 Mar - 15:57:13

The problem I see the most is, the APC tanking, and Squad leaders not working together with rest of the team (most annoying are clans).

Mumble!
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Tue 22 Mar - 10:21:23

Unfortunately its ultimately still just a game, allbeit PR does require slightly higher brain function than that of your average spray n pray fps. There will always be different grades of players within PR, those that want to win via good teamwork and those that perhaps just want to blow s**t up in a tank with thermals.

I think the best we can do as a clan and community is try to promote team work on the server as much as possible and hopefully (as we've seen in the last few months) we'll get a good bunch of like minded players. Ofc we can always ban people for wasting assets. However if an inf squad wants to go and do its own thing in the middle of a the map completely unrelated to any current objectives, short of exercising an authoritarian admin reign on the server, i cant really see any grounds for intervention. As long as people observe the rules of the server, they have to be able to the game how they see fit.

It does really irritate me when entire clanned up squads aren't in mumble tho =)

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Tue 22 Mar - 10:35:07

I think Benji has hit the nail on the head here.

Wot should first and foremost in the mind of ppl is that this is just a game and ppl will play it thus. Only way to assure a completely numpty free enviroment would be to lock the server and allow no-one on it, after all this thread is named "Gameplay misshaps" and we are all guilty of those aren't we.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Tue 22 Mar - 13:00:30

benjibb wrote:
It does really irritate me when entire clanned up squads aren't in mumble tho =)

This.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Mon 28 Mar - 10:25:22

JToTheDog wrote:
benjibb wrote:

This.

This, and also people saying they find Mumble 'too complicated'. What the hell? 3 mouse clicks and your away, how is that complicated
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 28 Mar - 11:17:45

Some people are more geeky on computers than others.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePigeon Mon 28 Mar - 11:30:39

I can understand that, although I wouldn't call using mumble 'geeky' as such. If you can install and load somethng like PR you should also be able to do the same for Mumble.
OnePigeon
OnePigeon

Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Mon 28 Mar - 13:07:19

Mumble is v easy to setup if you have used a voice program before. Alot of people get very confused with the whole server/channel distinction. I've had guys in squad chat asking what the ip to the nwa mumble server is. As long as we keep helping new guys get setup with mumble we'll be golden!

Also a deterrent that i can relate to is the sheer ammount of chatter that occurs on mumble. Especially if you're a SL in teamspeak and on mumble it can start to get a bit much for some people.

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmanrules Mon 28 Mar - 15:55:12

benjibb wrote:
Also a deterrent that i can relate to is the sheer ammount of chatter that occurs on mumble. Especially if you're a SL in teamspeak and on mumble it can start to get a bit much for some people.

Yea I constantly get spammed, TS, VOIP Mumble, Mumble SL is sometimes a bit much
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sugnat Mon 28 Mar - 17:52:11

Hmmm...but when you can listen to all of those comms at the same time and engage in 3 different conversations at once, as well ask press the right buttons when neccessary - this means you half way to being a good SL XD

But in the case of many (including me :)) I press the wrong buttons get a head ache and shout at Bounty to relieve stress!
sugnat
sugnat

Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Mon 28 Mar - 18:23:07

there was one guy im my squad who kept talking in squad chat and mumble by mistake, i think he had the same button bound..... So i court marshalled him, death by firing squad.

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 28 Mar - 19:28:32

sugnat wrote:Hmmm...but when you can listen to all of those comms at the same time and engage in 3 different conversations at once, as well ask press the right buttons when neccessary - this means you half way to being a good SL XD

But in the case of many (including me :)) I press the wrong buttons get a head ache and shout at Bounty to relieve stress!

That sounds like me.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 28 Mar - 19:54:15

When i say geeky i dont mean mumble...

I mean some people are more computer literite than others

I needed help setting it up and it defenitly wasnt 3 mouse clicks, So just remember were not all computer Geeks in the gaming world...Suspect
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Tue 29 Mar - 8:21:08

Jay Scott wrote:
I needed help setting it up and it defenitly wasnt 3 mouse clicks, So just remember were not all computer Geeks in the gaming world...Suspect

you're right jay, it took me a good hour to get it working, for some reason if i joined before joining the server people couldnt hear me in game, also the overlay wouldn't work for a while and I had to continually go in a reset the settings then re-apply them to get it to work, very fiddily.

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Wed 30 Mar - 23:30:24

Granted, it is a bit hawkward to get it to run and join the first times. After I eventually got my Mumble running the first time, I spent a lot of time in the waiting channel just because I did not know how to get in the channel.
But it's easy peacy once you get it running.

Another annoying argument is the "TS3 is so much better. You don't even know". That argument usually comes from clan squads. Hence, I hate them.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Thu 31 Mar - 9:30:43

JToTheDog wrote:Granted, it is a bit hawkward to get it to run and join the first times. After I eventually got my Mumble running the first time, I spent a lot of time in the waiting channel just because I did not know how to get in the channel.
But it's easy peacy once you get it running.

Another annoying argument is the "TS3 is so much better. You don't even know". That argument usually comes from clan squads. Hence, I hate them.

Yeh a agree how on earth can ts be better? No audio positioning and no one else is able to communicate with you... doesn't make sense.

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down