*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha"

+3
Orford
bJN.uk
Naytdawg
7 posters

Go down

Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Empty Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha"

Post by Naytdawg Fri 28 May - 9:28:00

Well it took a while but here we go.
Ive slogged my guts out to afford this so please excuse me showing off lol :)

All from overclockers.co.uk

- CPU: Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R or Asus P6X58D-E (Socket 1366) DDR3
- RAM: Patriot Viper (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Triple Channel
- Cooler: Akasa Nero V2 Heatpipe Cooler
- Antec 1200 case
- Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Toxic 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series 7.1 Sound Card
- Antec CP 1000W Modular Power Supply
- Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA-II 64MB Cache x 2
- Samsung SH-B083L/RSBP 8x BluRay ROM / 16x DVD±RW Drive

All very shiney and covered in stupid packaging...
Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Img_6110

Putting together..

Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Img_6111

and all done, setup and ready to rock
Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Img_6112

So what to do with the old pc? well, thats easy...

Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Img_6113

Put it under the telly, with the wii and ps3 all the other hardware, and run pr through the telly of course!

Happy days!!
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Empty Re: Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha"

Post by bJN.uk Fri 28 May - 17:53:33

Was going good up until:
1) which motherboard in the end? Razz
2) the case - never been fond
3) THOSE hard drives? really? should be shot - "green edition" pfffffffft

Otherwise, very naice :)
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Empty Re: Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha"

Post by Orford Fri 28 May - 18:32:39

Nice, was looking on that web site last night too.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RangerElite Fri 28 May - 20:07:42

How the hell did that heat sink fit in the case??? Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Icon_question Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Icon_question Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Icon_question Well here she is.. Introducing "BIG Bertha" Icon_question
RangerElite
RangerElite
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Sat 29 May - 18:41:31

its the antec 1200, your son could probably fit in it, but anyway, very nice rig mate, but personaly would of picked titan fenrir for cooling than that venom.

devilhawk

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 29 May - 19:35:45

Ive been over clocking today and got my Q6600 upto 3ghz without breaking a swet not even touch the volts yes.

The kit nate bought is in a bundle pre-overclocked by the ppl at overclockers all you got to do is bung it in a case. Mint stuff and the still warranty it as its them that have overclocked it. Guranteed 4ghz overclocked when it arrives. Good price also.

Im looking at a H50 watercooled setup cheap and easy to fit and should easy get my Q6600 to 3.6ghz then with a touch of vcore added. Well thats before my mobo spits its diddy out Also found out my ram can be ran at a higher rate so I maxed that out too.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Mon 31 May - 14:00:15

yo orford take a llook at the CooLIt eco Advanced liquid cooling, from what i have read its pretty dam awsome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOcKukHHJhc&playnext_from=TL&videos=rrIPRIiMCjY

devilhawk

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 31 May - 15:51:23

I was ordering the corsair H50 this morning when my daughter told me the wife want me to get a new lawmower as the old one has gone tits ups. So no water cooling for me this week but soon I will have one mawwahwhaahwahahwahwahwahwhah

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap Loz Mon 31 May - 17:38:04

Im looking at a H50 watercooled setup cheap and easy to fit

I fitted one to my i7 920 and got it up to 4Ghz easily.
I put it in as a "suck" to blow the fan over the radiator. I have since added a second 120mm fan for push and pull over the radiator for good measure.
Out of interest to do that you need some extra long screws to fit into the radiator and I had to order some of them.
So anyone wanting any, so that they can add an extra fan let me know and I'll post you some.
Cap Loz
Cap Loz

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Fri 23 Dec - 3:09:39

There's a mobo attached to your heat-sink. Just... you know, in case you missed it.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Fri 23 Dec - 8:05:09

Lol it's a beast eh, the asaka venom is preeety tho :) looks great under blue/uv tubes
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down