*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple people on Korengal

+6
TheShaydeeOne
BennyOB
Jay Scott
mr_macwindsor
Sincoza
Solver
10 posters

Go down

Multiple people on Korengal Empty Multiple people on Korengal

Post by Solver Sun 12 Aug - 2:28:03

First of all, I hate posting this. I am doing it because of a circumstance combination that happened today so please forgive me if I vent a bit.

I was complimenting just today some NwA members on how this is the best server now that TG is down, and gladly made a supporting donation. I also happen to hate playing as insurgents, but the round that got ruined completely was on Korengal, with me on the insurgent team, and it was actually shaping up to be good, I got on a squad of people who I know are fun. Finally, this was a rare case of the server being full at night. PRTA had tech issues, so at 2 in the night the NwA server was full for a Kokan round.

About 30 minutes ago as of this post, on 12.08. at about 02:45 CET a Korengal round started. On the Taliban team, numerous people said they didn't like the map and wanted to play the next one in rotation (Lashkar). So maybe some 5-7 minutes later, after some mentions of it in the text chat as it turns out, people started blowing our own caches. There was no actual gameplay going on. I'm now considerably annoyed, and I was near two of the caches to witness people destroying them.

Here are the names of the players that I saw shooting or destroying caches:

[NO]ObeerbongK3NOBI (destroyed first cache)
[NO]BennyOB
Finkerfuggles
Gen_Menace (was also warning on Mumble that he'll be using explosives on cache)
<.Dogb0x.> (was also talking about it on Mumble, never destroyed a cache but was shooting RPGs at it)
T.Bos

Also, forgive me for using the opportunity to make a suggestion. One of the main downsides of the NwA server is, in my experience, that there tend to be no admins online at about midnight CET or later, so at least the last round or 2 while the server is still populated go without admins. I greatly respect that NwA chooses to make the path to adminship fairly difficult, and think it contributes to the high standard of adminship seen on the server. Therefore I do not suggest making additional admins, but, if it's technically possible, I would suggest that a few players who are known to be in good standing get some minimal powers on the server. Not kicking and banning, but doing mapvotes and setting the next map. Possibly also using !s and/or !w just to help the feeling of an admin presence being maintained even when there isn't one on. But it's mvote and setnext powers that would be particularly important, as in my experience the server dies out in the night after it turns out the next map isn't something most people would like to play, and then having some mini-admin like that present would likely allow another round or 2 at good population.

This was an unpleasant post to make, as I also see some of the people I've reported play regularly, so please forgive my tone, and - thanks again to NwA for operating what is currently the best PR server.

Solver

Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Multiple people on Korengal Empty Re: Multiple people on Korengal

Post by Sincoza Sun 12 Aug - 8:42:23

I'm sure this will be looked into Solver, thanks for taking the time to report them. One of them comes on our TS regularly and should know a lot better.
Sincoza
Sincoza

Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_macwindsor Sun 12 Aug - 9:27:42

Hi Solver,

Thank u for this post and the suggs u made. They both need looking into.

Sometimes, when admins r not online, the only way to get to the next map is destroying the caches, BUT this is NOT an acceptable method by start. Neither is it good gamemanship to tell the bluefor locations of the caches.

The best action to be taken is to join our TS (teamspeak) which is open to (some)public aswell. There you can find clanmembers and admins that r online, maybe playing a different game or having a visit to some of our co-op clans server. Ask them to pop on to our PR server to deal with the issue and gameplay can continue. Details of TS can be found on this forum and from our admins online.

Cheers,

mac

mr_macwindsor

Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 12 Aug - 10:56:47

No admins = players make there own rules

At that time of night the server is normally died off after all the great games we have had through the afternoon/evening. I think what I will be asking Benny is, How many players wanted to skip Korengal and run Lashkar? was it a massive population or just a handfull?

As for regulars having access to admin powers? Personally I think is a bad idea and admin'ing should be left to the admins. If we give certain pubbers admin right then I think we should have to give all our clan members it also.

At this time of night dude you have to expect these things to go on you no, but I will be very disjointedness at a few names there if the majority was happy to stay on Korengal and just the handfull wanted to runnext!

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BennyOB Sun 12 Aug - 14:54:57

Ok lads, I'll put my hands up and will accept full responsibility for my squads actions.

When the map was changing, there was lots of complaining that korengal was on. The consensus was that we would kill our cashes and move on to next map. On that understanding I ordered my sq to kill the cashe that we spawned on, which was done by beerbong. Once I noticed on teamchat that people were not happy with this I ordered my sq to stop which we did and I played on.

I fully understand that this is unacceptable and am not going to make any excuses for it.

@solver I apologise if our actions ruined your game as this was not my intention.

BennyOB

Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Solver Sun 12 Aug - 16:07:30

I don't believe for a moment that there was any malicious intent by Benny's clan or anyone else who participated. This was simply a case of a bunch of well-intentioned people doing things wrong as a group. It happens. I have considerable experience with online communities and have seen that enough times.

As for my suggestion, Scotty, I specifically do not suggest giving any pubbers full admin rights, but only very limited rights, probably best limited to mvote and setnext. That's a far cry from being a real admin, but would help at nights because yesterday for instance it would have probably meant a map vote before Kokan ended, and we would not be in the situation of not even knowing how many on the server want what - mvote is a most convenient mechanism for ascertaining that.

If this does not fit into how you want to run things, that's fine, but please take the suggestion in good faith.

And thanks for the TS mention Mac, didn't even occur to me at that time. I thought it'd be empty due to NwA being (as far as I know) European-only.

Solver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Sun 12 Aug - 16:52:09

We have our share of night owls Solver, these people would be happy to help. However in the circumstances you've done the best thing possible, something people should be doing more often (that being posting on this section of the forum). I am also delighted people are speaking like adults rather than throwing blames around.

I commend this, I really do.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Mon 13 Aug - 1:54:19

Indeed I agree with Shaydee that threads like this usually turn out pretty bad, but i'm glad to see people admitting their mistakes and posting wrong-doings.

Benny, I know you're always around and stuff, but you have to bare in mind that not everyone wants to change map, so if you do that you're ruining the game for someone else, that is highly against the rules and usually leads to a ban, it's not my place to say if you're off the hook for it or not, but i'm glad you're admitting your mistake -nod nod-

also just to edit - I don't blame you, Korengal is by far the worst map lool why is it even on our maplist? sad
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Mon 13 Aug - 2:15:50

Korengal is a great map, its truly fun when played right
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Mon 13 Aug - 3:30:11

Thanks for the report solver, at least you weren't going Vigilante and mass TKing people, which, honestly, would NOT have made the situation any better and would have took a few days off your life from stress. Also, it might have burned up your first ban.

Anyway, I'm from the United States. We picked up another American and he's on trial (freaking finally, watch out Brits, we're coming). What that means is that in the general timezone of Americans (GMT-8 / GMT-5) it's very late in Europe. That being said, the mass population we draw in is general sleeping by this time, especially on weekdays. I would like to increase our presence in the North American region, but in order to do that, you said it yourself, we need more admins to watch the server. If I'm there busting my face against the deck, I can manage the server quite well and it'll stay alive -- generally until I leave and it degenerates into chaos from there on out. Hopefully, the new recruit will step up and join me on the Admin team so I'm not alone.

As for trusted pubbers, unless some intense changes happen and they start paying, I don't see that happening. Our admin team actually pays to keep the server up and running, therefore we have Admin rights to manage it. However it is a novel idea, but we have enough trouble with the public smearing our home roster of Admins, last thing we need is someone who has a bad day and decides to '!k * Screw you' and then there goes the whole server with a majority of people hating that admin, coming here to complain and generally leaving with a bad taste in their mouth.

Again, thanks for the report and also, as we grow from members in Mexico (Mexicans?!?!??!?!?! Haven't had one yet, but ya never know), Canada and the US, we can hope that we'll have a solid core of players to help populate the server around the clock. Now that would be a great server. One up all the time. It would be work, but I'm sure we're up to it.

Keep on truckin',

-Crenshaw
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Solver Mon 13 Aug - 3:50:31

Ah, that's informative, thanks Crenshaw. And no, I don't do vigilante mass TKs or anything like that because, honestly, I have far more important things in life and it's just impossible for me to get worked up to that extent over a game I play casually. So I certainly have no intention of even having a first ban Wink

I'd again like to emphasize though my point about the trusted pubbers - the idea is NOT to give them admin rights, but to give them a much more limited subset of rights just to help with keeping the gameplay / map rotation flowing when no real admins are on. So definitely not suggesting that these pubbers would have the power to kick. They'd really be much closer to janitors than to admins.

It's a suggestion I make out of experience. By keeping those pubbers to a very limited set of powers, you essentially prevent them from being able to actually screw things up on the server, and even more importantly, I see them as being a group of players handpicked by NwA admins. You play there every day. Surely many of you remember a few pubbers who are often on the server, have no history of violations, and seem to be mature and trustworthy. In pretty much every online community I've been a part of the admins knew some regulars to be trustworthy and a step above the average member.

So again, decide as you will, but I just want to make sure you understand that my suggestion is not to give some pubbers admin powers, but to give a handpicked group of them very limited powers.

Solver

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Mon 13 Aug - 11:30:08

I would like to applaud the maturity of every one in this post and thank solver for bringing this to light for us.

As mentioned before late night games are harder for us to admin because of our timezone for example i start work at 05;00 and to get a full nights sleep in theory should go to sleep at 21;00 but this never happens as its more like 23;00-24;00 i finally call it a night.

Although i leave my Xfire on most nights and can be reached that way if it wakes me i will more then be happy to deal with any issues that are brought to light.

Thanks again for the maturity shown in this trend

Midget

Xfire = cr4igo

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Mon 13 Aug - 11:45:19

I'm usually around at night, it's just my pc is still being built sooooo when that's back I can come back and play Razz

Hey Crenshaw! We brits are helping you with your robot Curiosity lool

Multiple people on Korengal 217667_10152005876130483_808595994_n
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Solver Mon 13 Aug - 16:04:01

MIDGET wrote:for example i start work at 05;00

My condolences :)

Solver