*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little big suggestion.

+7
ExeTick
Jay Scott
speedhound1-WYD-
fillsson
kerrermanisNL
Zach
Stemplus
11 posters

Go down

Little big suggestion. Empty Little big suggestion.

Post by Stemplus Tue 31 Jul - 19:18:45

If you are afraid of reading the whole text, please skip to point 2.

1) Introduction, and the idea itself
Hello everyone, today I was playing on your server for a looooooong time (about 8 hours) and I was doing inf the whole time. I noticed one thing - infantry squads fill up about 30 seconds before the start of the round. That is not enough to organise your squad, so there is no time to organise your whole team. That is why I came with the idea to allow infantry squads before 1:30. Asset squads would stay the same, no matter if it would be light asset like APC or transport, or heavy asset such as CAS or tank. I know it seems like its not worth changing, but it would make it easier to asign a kit to a squad member, or explain your squad what to do after spawn. It would also allow organisation and communication with other squad leader (i.e. Sq 1 goes to B3, sq 2 goes to C5, and Sq 3 goes to A4 etc.). It would let people take control of the chaos after the spawn, when the tanks and APC rush the flags and there is no time to plan anything because you have to rush the chopper.

REMMEMBER: CREATING A SQUAD BEFORE 1:30 DOESN'T CREATE A SQUAD BUG, BUT TEAMWITCHING AFTER CREATING A SQUAD IN THE DEPLOYMENT PERIOD

2) What to do
Basicaly allow infantry squads to be created before 1:30, but keep the 1:30 limit for any kind of assets

3) Positive consequences
- Better teamwork
- Planning squad movement
- Letting commander to assign squads to sertain role (defence, attack, sabotage)
- Getting rid of the "chaos" on the beggining of the round
- Making it easier for SLs to asign kits to squad members

4) Negative consequences
Didn't find any :D

Thanks for reading,
Stemplus

Last edited by Stemplus on Tue 31 Jul - 19:57:29; edited 3 times in total
Stemplus
Stemplus

Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Little big suggestion. Empty Re: Little big suggestion.

Post by Zach Tue 31 Jul - 19:28:46

I thought that there was a no squad before 1:30 to prevent squad bug, or was it to let most people load into the game?

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 31 Jul - 19:32:11

Creating squads before 1:30 has a chance of creating the infamous squad bug which requires a server restart to get rid off.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Tue 31 Jul - 19:39:30

No no no if you create a squad and then switch sides, there will be a squad bug on the team you left. Because it's like you bring that squad with you kinda...
So basically if you create SQUAD 5 and then team switch, there'll be a squad bug up to 4 squads. If you create squad 1 and switch, the team can't do any squads what so ever.

It's a good suggestion stem it really is, although it's going to be too hard to admin. There'll be a lot of misunderstandings and s**t.
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Tue 31 Jul - 19:57:14

nice thinking anyway, promoting teamwork is always a goal of any serious PR community.

as Fill said the problem of dragging your squad with you to the other side is the problem and that problem is usually caused by auto balance so with the best will in the world squad bug will happen regardless of any players intention.

i do not know when it is safe to create squads, perhaps H.sta could answer that definitively ? (i'm sure 1:30 was chosen to reflect an average of people's computers abilities upon map loading rather than purely to avoid squad bug -but i might be wrong)

also (and i'm not trying to do down the suggestion) i see language being an issue here, e.g. non-english speaking people see squads legitimately made before 1:30 and then follow the example but with a tank squad etc etc, this would be a mine field for our admins as i'm sure you will appreciate.

i look forward to continue reading this thread, after all it is an interesting idea.

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 31 Jul - 20:25:27

To big of a change! awesome idea tho.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Tue 31 Jul - 20:57:15

I dont think we should have two rules for one thing.

its better as it is now.

one more thing that create squad bug is that if two people are trying to make a squad with the exact same name its a chance to have a squad bug.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Tue 31 Jul - 23:09:31

speedhound1-WYD- wrote:i do not know when it is safe to create squads, perhaps H.sta could answer that definitively ? (i'm sure 1:30 was chosen to reflect an average of people's computers abilities upon map loading rather than purely to avoid squad bug -but i might be wrong)

That's what I've always said, but yeah I might be wrong as well.
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTralViolet.xxx Tue 31 Jul - 23:15:04

filsson your always wrong darling
ULTralViolet.xxx
ULTralViolet.xxx

Registration date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Tue 31 Jul - 23:24:43

creating a squad befor 1;30 does not create a bug it is just at 90secs befor round the server will stop balancing teams t allow squads to form it is a good idea. and i beleave feasible over the past two days i "on my own neck" have ran the server differently to see how different game modes and styles affect our player base and i have came to the conclusion that the same people will play on our server weather its INS AAS ASSETS OR INF as i want to clear up things that are being thrown at the admin team

today i focused on infantry maps and yes not many natural squad leaders ammerged threw the fog of war but i engoyed the gameplay neather the less the only asset heavey maps we played were insurgency maps

anyways i shall be speaking with all admins on wheat i have found over the last few days and putting forward my notes to all members and admins alike with what i would suggest to improve the server for OUR and the public's enjoyment

much love

Midget

edit:(sorry for bad grammer just got back from pub)

Last edited by MIDGET on Tue 31 Jul - 23:25:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit:(sorry for bad grammer just got back from pub))

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Wed 1 Aug - 2:37:31

speedhound1-WYD- wrote:
i do not know when it is safe to create squads, perhaps H.sta could answer that definitively ? (i'm sure 1:30 was chosen to reflect an average of people's computers abilities upon map loading rather than purely to avoid squad bug -but i might be wrong)

I have herad so many differnt things about this, I have definatly seen it happen though. so allthough a suggestion like that promoting teamwork is good. My reccomendation is to stay on the safe side and just not create squads before 1:30
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 1 Aug - 8:49:15

As soon as players start making there inf squads all the armour+cas will follow right after! there is no way they would wait until 1:30

I agree with H.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Stemplus Wed 1 Aug - 10:20:56

:(
Stemplus
Stemplus

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Wed 1 Aug - 12:39:25

ULTralViolet.xxx wrote:filsson your always wrong darling

NOPE!

Isn't it possible to change the server files to allow a longer "briefing time" or something?
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stemplus Wed 1 Aug - 12:44:14

It is
Stemplus
Stemplus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r xXx Wed 1 Aug - 13:34:01

fillsson wrote:

NOPE!

Isn't it possible to change the server files to allow a longer "briefing time" or something?

What difference would it make if squad creation is still at 1:30? For that to be effective you'd also need to make a new rule allowing squad creation before the 1:30 point.
Hunt3r xXx
Hunt3r xXx
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Wed 1 Aug - 15:51:56

^ Well that's what I meant. Increase the briefing timer, and the early squad time... Oh well.
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTralViolet.xxx Wed 1 Aug - 16:45:31

Hunt3r xXx wrote:
fillsson wrote:

NOPE!

What difference would it make if squad creation is still at 1:30? For that to be effective you'd also need to make a new rule allowing squad creation before the 1:30 point.

seems like some people dont get a joke sad lol
ULTralViolet.xxx
ULTralViolet.xxx

Registration date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Wed 1 Aug - 18:58:22

ULTralViolet.xxx wrote:seems like some people dont get a joke sad lol

Yeah, tell me about it.
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stemplus Thu 2 Aug - 16:28:51

Well, there can still be something like 1 week test to see if it would work well? (increase teamwork/wouldn't create squad bug etc.)
Stemplus
Stemplus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r xXx Thu 2 Aug - 19:36:17

Did I reply to a joke? Maybe next time I should trim off the useless parts of what I quote...

The time before the match starts and the 1:30 point are two entirely different things that either can change without having to also change the other. I simply stated the obvious.

Fill, if by "briefing time" you mean the 1 and a half minute we have to make and organise a squad, then I misunderstood you. I thought you meant the time we have until the game goes live after it has loaded a new map.
Hunt3r xXx
Hunt3r xXx
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Thu 2 Aug - 23:23:59

Hunt3r xXx wrote:Fill, if by "briefing time" you mean the 1 and a half minute we have to make and organise a squad, then I misunderstood you. I thought you meant the time we have until the game goes live after it has loaded a new map.

Yeah I did mean the time until you spawn in, AND the time you can make squads. Bump up both by 30 seconds and voila!
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down