*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification

+7
ExeTick
Crenshaw
Jay Scott
Nixy23
Sincoza
Zer0
Zach
11 posters

Go down

INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification Empty INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification

Post by Zach Thu 16 Feb - 8:56:19

As the title suggests I'm asking that one of the Founding Fathers provide a list of vehicles and their respective required crew numbers. I've gotten different responses from admins and players alike about what vehicles can be soloed, so getting this straight will make using !r a lot easier cool.

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification Empty Re: INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification

Post by Zer0 Thu 16 Feb - 9:17:27

RULES wrote:
ALL HEAVY ASSETS MUST BE FULLY CREWED AND MANNED - NO SOLOING
If you gunner/driver is killed the remaining crewman must return IMMEDIATELY to main, nearest FOB or RP to collect gunner/driver. It is NOT acceptable to solo a vehicle FROM MAIN to find/pick up a gunner/driver
If youre asking about SPG-9 techie.... min 2 players(driver/mg gunner and SPG gunner)
As for .50 cal techies...usually if you are soloing one, you'll see players asking for it to be manned properly. As a rule, im not 100% sure it can be soled
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification Empty Re: INS Server Vehicle Rule Clarification

Post by Sincoza Thu 16 Feb - 9:22:28

I believe the AA vehicles are allowed to be one manned aswell, but I think all techies except ammo ones are required to have a driver and gunner.
Sincoza
Sincoza

Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Thu 16 Feb - 9:55:55

We can write a long or a short post on this.

The short version being:

Don't solo any vehicles except:
- Bombcars
- Logistics Trucks when doing squad operations combined with a transport vehicle (HMMWV/Jeep/etc.) or resupplying a mortar pit
- Ammo technicals when not used for transport
- Motorbikes, admit it - you're just going to blow up anyway Wink
- A transport helicopter (when in a transport squad/role)
- A transport BRDM (when in a transport squad/role)

The long answer would be about certain exceptions in certain conditions, but would be a waste of my time Wink

Regards,
Nixy
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 16 Feb - 12:02:50

And my short answer is this,

- Spg-9 Technical. 2x Crewman
- 50.cal Technical 1x Crewman
- Transport Truck's. I hate seeing these things get solo'd 2/3x Crew
- AAV. 1x Crewman
- Land-Rover 50.cal x1 Crewman ( can affectively cut off a bridge or defend a FOB )
- 50.cal HUMVVEE. 2x Crewman
- Ammo Tech. 1x Crewman
- All Armour. 2x Crewman
- Tank. 3x crewman 2x if you dont fear bomb cars
- Motorbike. 1x Loonatic
- Logi truck. 1x Crewman ( if your on your why to supply a FOB and die unlucky ) - If you drive it to somewhere useless and ditch it.. your getting a warning!

Think thats about everything. ( but like Nixy stated there.. its all about how there solo'd / wasted )
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Thu 16 Feb - 14:47:23

Clarify the .50 cal techie as well. Now I know that the SPG is required to have 2 crewmen, but now I'm seeing conflicting rules about the .50 cal techie. I see some people getting warned for soloing them things all the time (and a lot of in-game complaining).
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Thu 16 Feb - 15:08:17

Im warning people for soloing a 50cal techi. its a 2 man vehicle for me. and I have been warned for soloing 50cal techi when I wasnt in NwA.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Thu 16 Feb - 15:15:10

Techi should not be soloed
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 16 Feb - 15:21:47

Am not stating the !rules there btw. Am stating my own opinion on what i think should and shouldn't be solo'd

Peace in!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Thu 16 Feb - 15:44:08

The "NO SOLOING" part of the rule is pretty straight forward, if you ask me Wink

Yeah you -can- solo the .50cal technical (gameplay wise you don't need to have a driver to use the gun), but that doesn't mean you should. It is much more effective if you have a dedicated driver and gunner.

Must say it's often overlooked though, if someone does soloes a technical.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 16 Feb - 17:01:58

Any veichal that needs a crew kit must be manned properly.

exception is AA as no one uses them so to make them more used they are allowed to be solo`d.

The SPG is classed as a high value heavey asset and must be manned properly 1 x driver 1 x gunner. If it is miss used and wasted then the INS lose a valued asset at gettring rid of APC`s.

50.cal Landys, jeeps, techys etc etc can be used solo but game play would make you hope they are manned properly, but if not, it isnt an offence.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Admins have enough to deal with without making sure every 50.cal has 2 people in it. On both sides.

/

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Thu 16 Feb - 17:08:27

Thanks Orford

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 16 Feb - 17:23:16

Good stuff :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Thu 16 Feb - 18:17:47

Basic rule of thumb.

If it has a short turret warm up time (.50cal) u can solo.

If it has a long turret warm up time (Tank, APC, CROW, TOW or SPG) then u are required to have at least 2 ppl manning the vehicle.

However u may be asked to not solo a vehicle if ur team is low on transport.

Simples.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Thu 16 Feb - 18:28:41

Good stuff Orford. :)
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Fri 17 Feb - 5:57:19

And the glass is clear. Thanks.
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down