*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D

+7
JohnScholten
Smurf_cfc
Naytdawg
Vincent
Chris_Kampfgurke
ExeTick
Xazper
11 posters

Go down

My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D Empty My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D

Post by Xazper Mon 12 Dec - 0:29:00

So my Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headphones broke.. they fell on the floor and gone boom. (left ear cup broke off but wire is still attached so speakers work still.)

I did some work for my dad recently and he ows me just enough money so that I can buy these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Tactic3D-Wireless-Headset/dp/B005JAJQ9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323649301&sr=8-1

I haven't found a single review of them, BUT they're apparently identical to the Soundblaster Omega, Just without the stand (and a cooler looking red).

Does anyone have any experience with headphones like these? Like is the THX TruStudio 7.1 (virtual) surround as good or better than true 5.1? Are Creative Soundblaster products usually good quality?
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D Empty Re: My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D

Post by ExeTick Mon 12 Dec - 0:40:49

I have never bought computer gear from Creative. dont know why.

but Ive checked the specification for those and they seem to be very good.

http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/tactic3d/sigma/

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D Empty Re: My headphones broke :( Time to buy new ones :D

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 12 Dec - 1:26:19

senheiser pc 360!

/thread :D
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon 12 Dec - 6:31:44

Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:senheiser pc 360!

thumbsup

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon 12 Dec - 6:32:01

Chris_Kampfgurke wrote:senheiser pc 360!

thumbsup

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 12 Dec - 9:14:51

But surround sound? One thing I've adored about my Speedlink Medusa is the 5.1 surround. I have literally been able to pinpoint within +-10 deg where a tank is. I just don't think I can go back to Stereo after that.

Also wtf they're even pricier than Soundblaster! So pricier + wire + stereo? No thank you.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Mon 12 Dec - 9:56:38

My roccat caves do that, bobing along, hear a noise and first to spot a car before the rest of squad :)

5.1 with decent speakers good sound blocking , 3x 3.5mm jacks +1 3.5mm or mic, and a USB for power, inline mute/volume, plus independent sliders for front rear side sub
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Mon 12 Dec - 10:07:13

buy a headset for £10 wtf is wrong with u people lol
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 12 Dec - 10:55:00

Nyat I just looked on Amazon UK and found this:

After much thought about replacing my Medusas which were great i bought these Rokkat surround,
they are really comfy even after 4 hours straight gaming ,nice desktop controller for mike mute/sound and balance,easy setup usb and jack leads for sound card
But i feel that the sound quality is just not as realistic as the medusa 5.1 .
Overall a good headset nice build quality but a bit disappointing with surround sound

They seem very similar though.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnScholten Mon 12 Dec - 11:47:55

What about the logitech 930?

There's a wireless and wired version, I have no clue what the price range is these days as I bought mine a year ago for 150 euro's the wired was 100 back than.

It's a very comfortable headset with 7.1 surround sound which you can easily turn on or off with a button on your headset.

You can also adjust the sound volume with a rollerbutton on the side of it, and mute your microphone.

It is the most comfortable headset I've had so far, and I've had many.

This one you can wear for hours without having a painfull head.

bla bla bla, my stuff is the best. Buy it as well.

JohnScholten

Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Mon 12 Dec - 16:47:56

Xazper wrote:But surround sound? One thing I've adored about my Speedlink Medusa is the 5.1 surround. I have literally been able to pinpoint within +-10 deg where a tank is. I just don't think I can go back to Stereo after that.

Also wtf they're even pricier than Soundblaster! So pricier + wire + stereo? No thank you.

do you have a soundcard? if yes, the senheiser will offer a wider and better directional sound than the medusa.
they where best in a pc-games test in october, the leading german games magazine. i have the pc 350, i'm able to judge the direction in a +/- 5 degree angle.
trust me, they are the best you can get right now!

edit: and i think, wireless sucks :D
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 12 Dec - 17:08:18

I use the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 onboard soundcard.. Don't know how good it really is.

John the 930 is virtual surround. Can you compare it to true surround? I'm pretty much set on the Wrath but I'm just a little 'nervous' about how good the surround is.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnScholten Mon 12 Dec - 19:34:18

Hmmm, well it's probably different, and normally I'm not using it too much ingame as it's especially nice when watching movies.

Though the 'normal' sound quality of it is to me perfect.

Isn't their some way you can try it?

JohnScholten

Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Mon 12 Dec - 20:05:08

Xazper, dude, go down to Aldi, Lidl or some other discount shop and buy a pair of the cheap ones, it has NEVER failed me and I have only bought 2 pairs the last 8 years. Bought some cheap ones from Fakta but they broke under transport in my bag(my own fault) but still works, just needs some glue.. hehe.

G OuT!

P.S. Now using a really crappy headset but can still pinpoint direction of shots fired with a close degree margin, it's not about your headset, it's about your soundcard, if the soundcard sucks it do not matter how advanced your headset is, it will still suck at the other end.. (Sounds nasty if you "misunderstand" it somehow.. hehe.)
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 12 Dec - 20:13:33

What G is saying is s**t IN s**t OUT no matter how good the out is (headset) put s**t in you only get s**t out.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Mon 12 Dec - 20:21:56

Orford, less on the sh!t and more of the sh@t.. or somethin' like that.. hehe
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Tue 13 Dec - 9:32:32

Heh yeah you're right. Sadly I'm not so practical. I like a little bling bling on my desktop :lol:
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Tue 13 Dec - 12:39:34

just to echo nayt, I got a pair of roccat kaves after he suggested them and they are AWESOME!!! I can hear everything before anyone else in the squad, plus its nice to have actual 5.1 surround and not simulated. They are seriously good headphones, cant reccomend them enough tbh.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Tue 13 Dec - 18:17:08

Like! :) delta good work man
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 13 Dec - 20:20:13

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Tue 13 Dec - 20:31:18

*oh btw sorry to hijack the thread a little but can anyone reccomend a good but reasonably cheap sound card??? so say max budget ideally £50-£75???
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 13 Dec - 20:33:49

pass! scratch
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Tue 13 Dec - 20:56:45

Asus xonar, I have it in my video editing machine makes stero headsets sound awesome, loads of easy to use features

Or creative gamer 5.1 simple pci card, you can use the creative consol (software) to use loafs of features like crystallisation (makes it clear) edit how the surround sound acts and feels

Both for under £50 easy I use creative for game rig
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down