*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all flight simmers!

+7
deadly22sniper
Da-Fort
Naytdawg
Jay Scott
Orford
Bang2Rights
capitan
11 posters

Go down

Calling all flight simmers! Empty Calling all flight simmers!

Post by capitan Thu 4 Aug - 10:35:06

The DCS sim games are currently on a two week sale on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/DCSsale
Ends on 12th August

I also found this: http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/content.php
Anyone know if it's any good?

Also, headtracking without hacking up your webcam: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm
I've yet to try this as well

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Calling all flight simmers! Empty Re: Calling all flight simmers!

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 4 Aug - 11:14:11

Orfords yer man, he knows lots.

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 4 Aug - 11:24:50

Lol hacking up your web cam. WEB cam from tesco £8.99 thats 2 and a half pints of beer.

Or use a Wii remote and a blue tooth adapter which are the best to use due to the 120fps IR detecter they use.

I wrote a post on making a 3 IR LED head set for head tracking using bits from maplin.

I may of mentioned this before but in a pst life I used to be 2IC of a vitual flight sim group. Logstic flying out of RAF Lynham. Also I was a QFI for FS9 I also done a bit of DCS black shark flying. Not got into the A-10 yet due to time and cost, even with it being on sale.

Cpt Loz is the hardcore sim fan he has spent 1000`s on flight sim add-on kit not to mention the 1000`s he`s spent on his PC and 3 monitors etc etc. But he did use to be a real world chinook QFI and the the rest of his life flying for BA. One top bloke and real first class A1 gent! he is still a forum member but dosent play pr much these days due to the new A10 hes hooked on.

Let me know what flight sim you want to fly and I`ll load it up and have a bash about.

Free falcon is a addon for falcon 4, well more of a rewrite but i think it needs falcon 4 as a base. That is one hard a f*k flight sim. 6 radar modes thats just looking forward not to mention high altitude radar, ground radar, air to air radar, air to ground radar. Thats just the radar I gave up on falcon 4 you need to be a real life fighter pilot for that one. then wtf come home and do it.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 4 Aug - 13:17:10

IL-2 Sturmovik!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 4 Aug - 14:15:33

Get out the novakogic games and your on!! F22 raptor lightning 3 :)
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 4 Aug - 14:28:53

Im not worried about my webcam, I just can't be arsed to mod it/make anything haha so thought that freetrack without having to do anything might be good. Also should work in ArmA2, might have a play with this tonight/tomorrow

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Thu 4 Aug - 14:45:02

I bought the A-10C that was on sale.
I'm in the process of re-learning all that was lost.

I also did enjoy the KA-50. First time I really went into a study sim. But seeing how much time I usually have I'd rather stay with one sim at a time.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 4 Aug - 16:41:41

dose work with ArmA there is even a trackir profile in the game controlers section.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Sun 7 Aug - 16:24:35

Oooooh, I've gotta try out that FaceTrack program. Would be awesome to have for ArmA. :D

Cheers for the link.

Played a bit of Falcon 4, so if they're building on it, it should be good, but hardcore. Razz
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormbo Sun 7 Aug - 17:07:08

Anyone here plays Lock On?
Stormbo
Stormbo

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Sun 7 Aug - 22:53:40

DCS A-10c Purchased, facetrackNoir all setup workin on arma 2 :D good fun just use the freetrack drive, its supported in arma, you have just arma have to go to options->controls -> (somewhere at the bottom) controllers and enable FreeTrack, and then play with the curves in no track IR till you get a nice configuration.

We use to play a bit of lockon, but more interested in DC-S A10c with all the awesome buttons and more realistic approach.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Mon 8 Aug - 11:01:10

I've got FaceTrack working. I think I need to tweak my lighting and backdrop to get it working more smoothly, but it's nice being able to zoom without reaching for the numpad and having analogue lean. :)
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 8 Aug - 11:08:26

I couldn't get facetracknoir to recognise my webcam (failed to register camera category: Unspecified error). Apparently it's a codec issue, tried fixing it, just screwed everything up so had to system restore.

I'm gonna try my hand at making an IR thing for freetrack this week, in preparation for arma2 and having some time to play my newly downloaded DCS A10

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 8 Aug - 19:19:01

capitan wrote:I couldn't get facetracknoir to recognise my webcam (failed to register camera category: Unspecified error). Apparently it's a codec issue, tried fixing it, just screwed everything up so had to system restore.

I'm gonna try my hand at making an IR thing for freetrack this week, in preparation for arma2 and having some time to play my newly downloaded DCS A10
I did this too but after retrying it the system restore failed, had to reinstall windows lol was good for me tho, PC is gonna be far better because of it.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Tue 23 Aug - 22:50:00

So here's my ghetto attempt at a IR head tracker. Entirely reliant on the adhesive power of electrical tape, it consists of a clip from an old hanger, some broken chopsticks, and a stack of 2p coins :D Works a treat in ArmA2 but the sensitivity needs tweaking and I haven't got a clue what 90% of the settings in freetrack do. It was really simple to make, and only cost a tenner!

Calling all flight simmers! Dsc_0010

Calling all flight simmers! Dsc_0011

Calling all flight simmers! Dsc_0012

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Tue 23 Aug - 23:38:27

SWAG
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Wed 24 Aug - 10:58:07

You clip that to a hat then?
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 24 Aug - 10:59:49

Id guess it gose on the side of his head set.

Have you put in the dimentions into free track.

the thing you want to adjust is the dead zones and the curves change how fast you view moves as you turn your head. the last thing you want is to be looking at the wall and not at your screen. As you move your head it starts slow so you can look around a cocpit for example with good precision. Then it will accelerate so you can look out over the wings with out moving your head to much.

I used the view with the 3D wire mesh and the sliders to adjust the curve speed.

awesome work, I found my IR setup and one of the resistor has broken off i`ll need to buy a new one as its right where the wire comes out so i cannot solder it.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 24 Aug - 11:33:26

Yea, I clip it to my headset, on the right side.

Ahhhh dimensions, that will probably help, only had a little play with it yesterday. I think I may need to remake the chopstick part as looking up and down causes the middle and short LED to merge too easily, so has really limited movement.

I had a play with the curves, but it didn't seem to make any difference?

Im really pleased with it though, dirt cheap, a fun project and should come in handy with the imminent release of PR:ArmA

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 24 Aug - 17:48:31

I did have a post of the one I made but i cannot find it. I used 3 bic pens cut to size 2 long one short and put them around the head band of my head set. Once you put in the dimansion you will be able to tune it alot better. I assume you have set it to a 3 point clip and not a 3 point cap?

also try putting it on upside down if you look up more than down etc.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 27 Aug - 11:49:37

Have a look at the sensativity, that will inpact on your curves and acceleration.

Also if your using freetrack and DCsA10 in true 64bit install. DCS has released the API so freetrack is native for 32bit and 64 bit version of A-10.

Get the 64bit and 32bit .dll from here.

http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=75917

If you have a web cam and dont want to butcher it or build a IR head set a guy is working on this and its working.

#

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Mon 29 Aug - 12:50:53

Stormbo wrote:Anyone here plays Lock On?

For as I know Snippers, Orford and Me.
We also played a couple of games together which it lot's of fun :)

Orford and Me bored:

Calling all flight simmers! 36

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down