*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bicycling

+9
Jay Scott
Chris_Kampfgurke
mrdata94
Orford
Tarranauha200
Naytdawg
bullyhouse
Viglen
capitan
13 posters

Go down

Bicycling Empty Bicycling

Post by capitan Thu 14 Jul - 11:34:09

Anyone have any kinda clue about bikes? I'm thinking I might cycle to and from work, and the odd evening/weekend just to stop me dying of laziness. I don't need anything too fancy, just something suitable for casual stuff.

I was looking at this - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_518233_categoryId_165499_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1

Any good for 200 quid?

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Bicycling Empty Re: Bicycling

Post by Viglen Thu 14 Jul - 11:55:11

Thats way too expensive for what you get your just paying for the name, things you wanna look out for are disc brakes and front suspension mabye rear if you weight alot like i do Razz

Look in tesco i was in there the other day had some good deals but halfords just mug you off
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 14 Jul - 13:14:30

Really? It has a load of good reviews. I've been shopping around for a while, and haven't seen anything decent for under 200, I can get this for 170 with codes and cashback. Feel free to find me something better! Wink

I figured halfords might be a bit of a rip, but I can't be arsed to build it and I live 5 minutes down the road from one.

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Viglen Thu 14 Jul - 13:17:34

Actually that bike has the Alloy V-Brakes so thats awesome yeah shame it hasnt got rear suspension also you will need to buy a new seat lol that one looks well uncomfortable
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 14 Jul - 16:24:19

Turns out one of the guys at work just got one and is annoyed that I can get it for 30 quid less haha

He reckons its a good deal, won't find much better for that price. So I think I'll go for it, can't beat the convenience of someone else building it for me

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Thu 14 Jul - 16:42:45

speak to daze or vandal..
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 14 Jul - 17:31:12

Or kop.. :)
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Thu 14 Jul - 18:09:47

Oh no, kop is gonny plant some kinda tracker unit on it and then he gonny follow you to dark alleyway...and then "ya getting banned" lol.

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 14 Jul - 19:51:23

If you cannot get a better nearly new on ebay then go for the halfords bike if its just for work and back.

If you road riding the last thing you want is rear suspension. With rear sus 20-30% of your pedal power is just making the back end bounce up and down. unless you can lock it for on road riding.

Set you seat as high as you can stand it only allowing a slight bend of the knee at full extension and the ball of your foot on the pedal. This way get get max force and full motion of your leg muscles and you will pedal for longer and faster. Make sure the seat has quick release so if you do want to take a shortcut down a rough trak you can just reach down pop the quick release and drop the seat.

Never stand up to pedal when going up hill or setting of. you tend to start pulling the bike side to side and this will fook your back real quick and is a was of power. Just put ya legs into it and stay sat on the seat.

Never stop peddeling no matter how fooked ya legs get if you stop you muscles fill with lactic acid quicker and will cramp faster and take longer to recover after riding. Always keep your legs moving even if your not putting any power through the peddals. stopping peddaling is a false rest keep the muscles moving and the blood demand flowing. unless your going round a bend as a pedal strike when your on the lean isnt nice and can cause lots of lol's from the watching public but i guess your not stupid.

if you ride the way i mention above you will get fitter quicker stay out on the ride for longer and not find it a chore to get the bike out and go for a spin.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 14 Jul - 20:24:54

Kick into first, slowly ease twist your wrist towards you, slowly release the clutch and away!! Broom broom broooooom!

Kudos to orf for a top post, makes me wanna go get a pedal bile again!
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mrdata94 Thu 14 Jul - 20:25:49

Whenever i buy a bike mate it has to be light frame (alluminium) i look for disk brakes, a decent seat, front suspension only (i find that rear suspension is a bit of a pain when traveling long distances but each to their own), it has to have room to put a water bottle and/or a pump, but overall mate it is a decent bike carrera make good bikes Bicycling 879428
mrdata94
mrdata94

Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Thu 14 Jul - 21:04:43

Hey Cap... nice ride!
I'm looking forward to see some Vids like this from you in future:
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 14 Jul - 21:49:08

Am buying one 2moro for the same reason Cap!

£200 on a bike F tha mate. Get the kids to rob you one for 50quid..

Am looking on a cluad butler or a Trek. (stolen of course coz am i Fook paying £500 for a bike)

but if your willing to pay £200 then you will get a decent bike for that! best bet is Ebay.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Thu 14 Jul - 22:06:22

lol jay
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 14 Jul - 22:57:03

@orford, freaking master class! cheers, its mostly for work and the odd evening/weekend, so I don't need anything too fancy, rear suspension is probably money wasted ridiing on a flat road eh.

@chris, yea ok, give me a week and i'll put one together Wink

@scotty, LOL

cheers for the input lads, ordering now!

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 14 Jul - 23:04:17

Will post a pic when i get my Beast! =]
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Viglen Thu 14 Jul - 23:53:04

LMAO f*****g pikey scouser
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blip2 Fri 15 Jul - 3:01:07

I think there are more bike thieves than window cleaners in Edinburgh! It's ridiculous how many vanish...
blip2
blip2

Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Fri 15 Jul - 9:48:24

I love cyclists, their enormous fun.

In London, when their balancing, standing still at the lights. I like to suddenly rev my Suzuki 650 and watch them fall off...
...Piss myself laughing. Razz

And my wife and father in law are cycle trainers. oh the arguments. Bicycling 666915

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 15 Jul - 10:57:27

ugh apparently there are none in stock in the whole country, f**k sake!

back to the drawing board

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Fri 15 Jul - 14:04:54

try buying them in the netherlands its cheaper (euros vs pounds) and let it ship over

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 15 Jul - 14:43:20

the problem there is if something goes wrong with it etc. If i buy over here i can get free services and stuff. So expensive everywhere, its ridiculous

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Fri 15 Jul - 16:12:33

Go buy a real bike, like mine
http://www.glennguan.com/blog/?p=377
Jevski
Jevski

Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down