*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales from the front

3 posters

Go down

Tales from the front Empty Tales from the front

Post by Xazper Mon 13 Jun - 18:42:48

Story 1:
First story was the other night on the UO server TvT event. The mission was called commandos and I was on blufor. We were 8 CIA operatives tasked with infiltrating an island at dawn with around 40(!!) enemy players with dogs and flashlights. We had to blow up a chemical weapons plant, steal secret plans and extract an enemy scientist who was defecting.

We split into 2 groups of 4, my group was called "red" while the others were "blue". Blue team would sail around the island in a rubber boat and blow up the chem plant on the south side. Meanwhile red team would go by boat to the north side and create a distraction to lure them away.

We came up with codenames for the different targets on the island; the chem plant was "T-rex", the airfield tower was "dinosaur", the defector was "Chuck" and the place we were going to blow up as a distraction was called "Chicken". As you can imagine that led to some rather hilarious radio chatter: "Blue this is Red, we're approaching Chicken, are you in position?" "Red this is Blue, affirmative we're just south of the T-rex".

We headed out and made it to the beach undetected. We set up a perimeter and our fireteam leader then sneaked in through the forest while we set up claymores and tripwires near the boat. 10 minutes later we heard a large explosion and our FT leader came running out of the forest followed by blowing whistles, dogs barking and flashlights. We ran off along the beach, leaving the boat behind. We found ourselves a nice treeline to watch from as the enemies came running out the trees. As planned there was no signs of us, only the boat, and as we had suspected their curiosity got the better of them. They got fairly close before they hit the first tripwire. BOOM! Probably scared the crap out of them but it was too late, they had already entered the killzone, Muhahaha! We set off the claymores and killed most of them, the rest fled back into the forest.
We were laughing our asses off! It was a perfect distraction!

While we were making noise on the north, blue team infiltated the south and had no problems hitting the chem plant. After that they headed north to the airfield. They would cover us while we would steal the secret plants from the airfield control tower. Blue team managed to set up in the nearby building and cover the runway while we crossed. We made it to the top of the tower and got the plans, just in time to see an Mi-8 land in front of blue team. Poor bastards, they didn't stand a chance. They got completely overpowered by the infantry rushing into theiir building. 2 of the made it to the roof and we heard them on the radio "f**k, they're coming! Red team come in we need help they're right inside-" That's when the helicopter came back after circling and opened up. They had absolutely no cover on that roof.

We held up in the traffic control tower for a good 15 minutes after that. Enemies were everywhere and the helicopter circled above with the spotlight looking for us. In the end we thought "To hell with it" and opened up on them. We couldn't believe our eyes, we were sitting on the balcony on top of a tower with no cover, just silenced weapons trying to hit those damn guards running around, and they didn't see us! We could almost see the panic in their digital faces as they tried to find out where the fire came from. For some reason they thought we were somewhere in the treeline so they fired on anything moving, too bad there were friendlies in there. Ofcause the guys in the forest thought the guys on the runway were us so they fired back, again we were laughing our asses off, this was just too good to be true. Atleast until one of them spottet us. It didn't take more than a couple of bursts of fire to take us all out.

It was a great game :D

Wow, that ran a little long... I have another one from last night but i really should start my homework now.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Tales from the front Empty Re: Tales from the front

Post by JToTheDog Mon 13 Jun - 21:28:10

Sounds fun, and in fact I know it is as I've played with them on one occasion. To bad they're only up in the middle of the night for us Europeans.

One of the missions I played with them was a night patrol with 5-6 humvees, me gunning the 50.cal in fire team 3, middle car. We got pinned down at a gas staion. After two resupplies of ammo, they refused to give me any more.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sun 3 Jul - 6:28:34

Just found this. Warning you will laugh till you pee your pants!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3P_mJNkgQ&feature=player_embedded

Also someone on UO linked to this pic in TS during briefing:

Tales from the front Jav_hi10
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sun 3 Jul - 6:32:07

Also this happened tonight on the UO server: