*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War. Esquire Article.

3 posters

Go down

Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War.  Esquire Article. Empty Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War. Esquire Article.

Post by Robskiet Mon 30 May - 16:30:39

I know we don't really post anything serious or edgey, but I was on the PR forums and saw a topic about someone wanting to join the Marines back from 09, and the topic is still strong today about where he is at.

Anyways, people were telling him how people change over war and one bought up this article. It's a really good read, and it makes me doubt and even slightly encourage my possible decision into joining the British Army.

This isn't meant to offend anyone and their contributions of their service!

http://www.esquire.com/features/essay/ESQ0307ESSAY
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War.  Esquire Article. Empty Re: Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War. Esquire Article.

Post by Jay Scott Mon 30 May - 16:58:50

Cba reading all that Rob.

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War.  Esquire Article. Empty Re: Miss Iraq. I Miss My Gun. I Miss My War. Esquire Article.

Post by Robskiet Mon 30 May - 17:00:56

Sounds like your problem than Wink
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormbo Mon 30 May - 21:53:33

I don't miss Afghanistan, I surerly don't miss maintenance to the weapon systems and I certainly don't miss rocket attacks. :D
Stormbo
Stormbo

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Mon 30 May - 22:27:29

Razz How long where you there for?

Before I read the article I never thought of what it was like after deployment, thought it was either PTSD or that your home fine and enjoy and relish every moment! Never thought someone could genuinely miss it, but it makes sense, and it's crazy but I could see how it's true :/
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormbo Mon 30 May - 23:32:11

I was there 4 and a half month, luckily, wouldn't want to be there any longer. :D

But sure, got a nice pay and it was a good experience I guess.
Stormbo
Stormbo

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down