*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what the...

2 posters

Go down

what the... Empty what the...

Post by Zer0 Tue 19 Apr - 12:33:49

Have you heard about this?

It looks really badass
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

what the... Empty Re: what the...

Post by ukVandal Tue 19 Apr - 19:21:32

Ah the Chyornyh Oryol

I first read about it in a book about 10 yrs ago. There wasnt much info about it though tbh. In fact I think the picture in the book may have come from that same show featured in the video, at least the turret was shrouded in cammo net as in the video, the authors oppinion was that the turret was shrouded to conceal some advanced sensors or some other new innovation. Although it was later revealed that the turret was in fact a crude mock up and not the actual turret developed for the project, hence the canvas and cammo net shroud.

Seems the project has been binned anyway. A MBT with the designation T-95 may yet be produced I dont think it will be in that configuration which is based on a lengthened T-80 hull. It has been in develpment so long it is already obsolete. Apparently they are gonna concentrate on upgrading the T-90 instead. But you know wot the Russian military is like, it wouldn't surprise me to find they have continued with the development contrary to official announcments.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum