*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radiation scale

3 posters

Go down

Radiation scale Empty Radiation scale

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Tue 22 Mar - 23:26:18

Just to let u know about amounts of radiation in a human life.
Thought that might be helpfull in a time where evrybody is affraid of it
http://blog.xkcd.com/2011/03/19/radiation-chart/
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Radiation scale Empty Re: Radiation scale

Post by capitan Tue 22 Mar - 23:37:02

Interesting stuff, although I knew the media blows things out of proportion. People just don't understand the significance, and more often, the insignificance of radiation. Understandable of course.

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Wed 23 Mar - 1:49:42

I'm gonna go a bit off-topic since captain brought up one of my favourite topics.

Don't believe the media! Yes, it sounds very conspiracy-ish. But I've had some experience with this. From Small time local media, to one of the most critically acclaimed media producers in the nation. Whether it be close friends or family, they (the media) have gotten it wrong every time. Angled it to sell and get viewers, ignored facts, printed false information.
When I got inside information via a family member, about a big scoop in Sweden, I could hardly wait and see what they would do with it. On one side sits an underpaid youth worker whom everybody admires for his work and modesty. On the other side sits an overpaid, opportunist whom sued at first sit of failure on his own part.

Imagine my surprise when one my favourite by-weekly news/documentary producers sided with the latter.

Ontopic: Cool and interesting pic!

JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 23 Mar - 16:38:00

I don't think its all that conspiracy-ish. The news isn't just politcally skewed by media outlets, it can also be outright lies. Lack of research (i.e. actual journalism) is the main cause. In the UK we have the Daily Mail - probably the worst newspaper ever. In America they have FOX News.

In the UK we had a show called Newswipe, by a guy called Charlie Brooker (not to everyones taste no doubt). It was funny, yet actually quite informative and insightful into the current state of the news media. The manipulation of news to fit a narrative; the general inanity of 24hr rolling news. Its a good watch, funny bits, and the more serious stuff.

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum