*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Los Angeles

+6
Robskiet
benjibb
Jay Scott
Milk.org
bullyhouse
capitan
10 posters

Go down

Battle Los Angeles Empty Battle Los Angeles

Post by capitan Thu 17 Mar - 16:57:01

Battle Los Angeles Battle10

Went to see this yesterday, I'd recommend it if you like scifi. It's not gonna win any awards but it's a good scifi action, think of it like Independence Day but not as funny. The characters are all walking cliches, but I kinda like movies like that, growing up watching Arnie films will do that to ya :)

There's also alot of military hardware on show, always makes for a good action movie. The acting and script aren't horrific. I'd give it a 7/10

Anyone else seen it?

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Battle Los Angeles Empty Re: Battle Los Angeles

Post by bullyhouse Thu 17 Mar - 17:35:57

not seen it, but heard that the plot is terrible.
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Milk.org Thu 17 Mar - 18:33:33

ALIENS!

Milk.org

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 17 Mar - 23:03:41

exactly, ALIENS! yea the plot is meh, its more starship troopers than aliens. but who cares, hardly any good scifi these days.

AND its not in 3-f*****g-D :)

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Fri 18 Mar - 11:19:21

Is it on DivXzoo yet..?
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Wed 23 Mar - 8:57:42

me shall have to wait for the bluray release as I don't have any cinemas out here in jalabad :(

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 23 Mar - 17:23:28

haha,

just watch the penguins, don't need to go to a zoo for that.

AHHHHH lol
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmanrules Wed 23 Mar - 21:53:41

Ok I went into the cinema to see this thinking, 'Don't expect too much or your gonna be disappointed' and being the optimist I expected too much and was disappointed. The characters are so bland and without depth that I couldn't feel anything for them when they died, Tbh I kinda laughed that the film expected me to, and just felt that when guns werent being fired the characters sounded like they didn't really know what to do or say. The plot is basically none existance with basically the sum of it being some nameless americans fighting some nameless aliens. If you can sit down and half watch it with your mates its a good film. If you go in with low expectations its a good film. But if you want a film that moves you, makes you think or grips you from start to end then this isn't a film for you.

I'd give it a 5/10
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 24 Mar - 3:01:20

OH! whats wrong with starship troopers ?????

that film was fantastic, its a sad parody of the human condition when faced with fundamental misunderstandings, also its a beautiful homage to some of the most outstanding war films ever made !!

the sequels were rubbish btw

this film yous lot are on about sounds like the last film in the Terminator series without the story.

speed

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 24 Mar - 9:14:44

Don't get me wrong speed, I love Starship Troopers, it's a great satire on the whole Hoo-ah gung ho marines and of facism in some ways. But its not perfect and is pretty damn cheesy in places. Rico's ruffnecks!

Battle LA is fine. If you go in expecting Oscar winning performances, shame on you! If you go in expecting some mostly mindless action, then you'll probably enjoy it.

**SORT OF SPOILERS**
hitman, i thought the characters were hilarious. Every movie cliche under the sun, they were almost competing for most heroic death. The leader, just about to retire. The guy about to get married. The guy with the pregnant wife, the spunky 'one-of-the-guys' woman. The useless rookie. I was expecting eckhart to say 'I'm too old for this s**t'

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmanrules Thu 24 Mar - 12:36:05

yea i probably expected too much, I enjoyed watching it but forgot about it pretty much as soon as the film ended. The problem is for me is that I normally go to the cinema see great films but I sorta went to see this one on a whim. maybe ill change it to a 6/10 but it was still really average. After seeing so many 'Go america!' films im kinda tired of it. Tho I do like starship troopers, probably from nostalgia.
hitmanrules
hitmanrules

Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 24 Mar - 13:24:18

The last scifi i went to the cinema to see was Skyline (don't ask me why). That was easily not even 0.5/10. It was utter crap, I hated every second of it, so my perceptions of this were probably skewed haha.

The reasons i liked starship troopers as a kid, compared to now are completely different. When I was younger I just didnt pick up on the satire and irony, i just enjoyed watching bugs get blown to bits. Oh and denise richards (still enjoy her cool: )

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by BXV-[Tr] Thu 24 Mar - 14:24:17

What i can suggest to you guys is Buried , really really awesome movie, it doesnt contain much action , but the way the film has been filmed , and the last scene is really really good made . Just watch it Wink
BXV-[Tr]
BXV-[Tr]
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Xxghost87xX Thu 7 Apr - 22:47:06

Just watched this film and i enjoyed it. Didn't find it to drag on and action sequences were good and I found the plot believable. I would give it an 8/10,
and yeh the end sequence is like :D
Xxghost87xX
Xxghost87xX
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Fri 8 Apr - 1:25:58

completly agree about skyline, still don't get the point of it and not in some 'oo it was all mysterious and complicated' way but in a sort of 'people actually got paid for this s***' sort of way....

in fact i would have never remembered it had capitian not said anything about it.

in the last few years only 1 film really sticks in memory....'Feed '(2005), if you haven't seen it you owe it to yourself to sit down with your missus cuddle up on the couch, get all cosy and watch the most sickening film you'll watch in years (just dont tell the missus what to expect for the lolz)

speed

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Fri 8 Apr - 10:48:17

Suspect
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down