*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mashup/mix albums

2 posters

Go down

Mashup/mix albums Empty Mashup/mix albums

Post by capitan Thu 24 Feb - 18:32:47

So, any fans of mashups or mix albums? I happen to love them (the good ones), its good to hear a new take on music that you may or may not already know, and its a good way to discover new tracks. If all DJs in clubs were capable of putting together a decent mix album, clubbing might not be as s**t as it is.

I've decided I'm gonna post some of my favourites (and you're welcome to post yours) for you all to enjoy (or hate, which is fine :))

Mashup/mix albums Allday200

First up is a dude who releases under the name Girl Talk. This is his most recent album, All Day, which you can download for free HERE!

It is basically a mix and mashup of all different styles and artists, it makes a good party album, and if you hate RnB like I do, it may even make that tolerable! You can see the massive amount of samples used here, the guy has some skills.

I'll post some more if anyone is interested in some free music

Enjoy

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Mashup/mix albums Empty Re: Mashup/mix albums

Post by Jay Scott Fri 25 Feb - 16:44:13

I take it you havnt been clubbing in Liverpool yet.?
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 25 Feb - 17:10:25

haha nah, but i dont hate all clubs really. just the generic RnB crap clubs that i usually get dragged to by girls. im not a fan of the genre, but this guy takes it and makes trashy throwaway pop tolerable (and awesome).

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 25 Feb - 17:14:55

Also, if you cant be arsed to download that album there is THIS very cool website. It streams the songs whilst showing you what samples are being played at that time. Pretty interesting if you are into sampling and the like

P.S Is there an post edit function I'm missing????

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Fri 25 Feb - 23:39:18

Am an idiot when it comes to all that i cant even post photo's without help.

scratch
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Sun 13 Mar - 11:28:23

Ok, I know we've got a few hip hop fans around these parts, any of you like Mos Def?

Imo, he's one of the best underground rappers around at the moment, his latest album was excellent, give it a listen if you can. SPOTIFY
He's also been in a couple movies, the new (rubbish) Italian Job, and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Mashup/mix albums Mos_du10

This is an album by a guy called Max Tannone. Basically, he combines jamaican ska/dub with various Mos Def songs, and thats about it. Gives it a new feel, and imo is far more interesting than the usual 'hip hop' you get on the radio these days. Anyway, you can listen HERE and download it for free if you so wish.

Enjoy

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum