*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mutli-Lingual Robskie.

+6
Nixy23
JohnScholten
Xazper
JToTheDog
deadly22sniper
Robskiet
10 posters

Go down

Mutli-Lingual Robskie. Empty Mutli-Lingual Robskie.

Post by Robskiet Fri 18 Feb - 13:17:53

So there hasn't been much posted here in a while, and I just rememberd my accomplishment from 2 days ago.

I'm fairly sure I commanded some mortars on Jabal on the U.S side using my spanish skills since the leader of the sqaud couldn't really understand english.

It was frustrating since I kept on asking for the range and all I got was "eeee. . . ." so than I curiously asked "Halbas Espanol?" . . " SI SI SI!".

From than on we were a matched made in heaven,

with his basic english skills and not being able to say words like 500, and instead saying with 2 second(maybe minute) pauses FIVE. .....ZER0. . .. .ZER0? And me asking for the medida (range) and telling him in spanish to talk more :)

It was quite fun using my limited spanish skills since we actually understood each other on a (very) basic level and we poured a few shots into the hilltops east from the dam.

:lool: If you need a spanish speaker ask me Wink
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Mutli-Lingual Robskie. Empty Re: Mutli-Lingual Robskie.

Post by deadly22sniper Sun 20 Feb - 2:14:31

Lol, nice one. Hmm...I need to look up the Japanese for "mortars".
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Sun 20 Feb - 21:49:24

That's actually great Rob. Way to use your knowledge!

I did a similar thing with a German sq. Swedish as well, but that doesn't count as I'm from Sweden.

Anyway, gj.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 21 Feb - 10:37:42

THAT is why online gaming is awesome. Screw single player games give me international connections! (Also out of country friends, you never know when you have to flee the country Razz)
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnScholten Wed 1 Jun - 10:48:47

People with dutch blood (like robskiet) seem to have a feeling for other languages,.

Why don't the French, Germans and Spanish people learn another language like english?!

And about that, how many english players can speak another language than their native one? :O

JohnScholten

Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Wed 1 Jun - 11:04:10

Dutch people need to know other languages, because no one else really speaks Dutch. People that live in Spain or the UK don't 'need' to learn other languages, because theirs are the two largest around on this planet.

I do agree that Spanish isn't nearly as regular in the gaming world as English (and German in the hundreds of WW2 games =P), and that Spanish gamers need to know English. However in the commerical world you can get quite far with basic Spanish (and Chinese).

That the Frenchies and Germans do not -really- learn English is something that's just in their (no offense Razz) arrogant nature. From what I've seen anyway.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 1 Jun - 11:34:01

I had to destroy my Dutch heritage, but I've got the shittiest most foreign accent when I speak Wink

I can however understand everything!

BTW, funny story. Me and my Canadian friend were pretty drunk going to tesco somewhere in London for some cigarettes and I see this guy cross us with a holland shirt and I yell "Ben je Nederlands" (Probably said that wrong lol) But he replied and he's like kinda, I am dutch but I was born in CANADA.

Just like me and my friend. Also, me and him left our culture lol.

I think the reason why Dutch people know English is because we aren't a bunch of twats that like to dub s**t in our mother language. We like our pokemon as children in English. Also, we're just bad ass and cosmopolitan Wink

I want to speak Spanish again Razz
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 1 Jun - 11:46:29

imo us Brits are the worst in europe for second languages, including myself. I did french at school, but had no interest at all in learning (probably because it was french).

I don't know or have ever come across any English gamers that could hold a conversation with a European in their language, whereas the other way around happens all the time.

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Wed 1 Jun - 12:10:55

We Dutch have the 'V.O.C. mentaliteit' (good luck on translating that EN speaking people)! So we are born entrepeneurs!

at least I do Wink

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Wed 1 Jun - 13:09:46

The English can, unfortunately, get away without learning a foreign language due to the ubiquitousness of English. Neutral

Robskiet wrote:...I think the reason why Dutch people know English is because we aren't a bunch of twats that like to dub s**t in our mother language. We like our pokemon as children in English. ...P

Err...you realise Pokémon is Japanese, so it's already been dubbed once.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 1 Jun - 15:24:03

Bonjour!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 1 Jun - 15:32:18

Jay Scott wrote:Bonjour!

ohhhh you're french! knew you had a funny accent, but couldn't figure it out Wink

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Wed 1 Jun - 16:50:30

what are these 'other' languages you speak of ?

there is only 2, english and swearing.

speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Wed 1 Jun - 17:47:12

The reason Dutch people (and primarily my generation and younger) know English is because it's basically being taught at elementary school, alongside Dutch. Then in middle/high school we get taught French and German alongside English and Dutch, with the optional Spanish/Chinese on the regular levels. If you pick a higher level of education you also get Latin and Greek.

Beat that =)
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 1 Jun - 19:16:23

I think the main and subconcouis reason is TV dubbing Wink

and no homo, i love scottys accent hahaha
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down