*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who wish to be a pilot? *Lock On*

+15
speedhound1-WYD-
H.sta
Lt.brad
Jay Scott
capitan
Smok3y
bJN.uk
JToTheDog
Snippers
Naytdawg
Sheephead
Orford
deadly22sniper
w00k
Alchemist
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who wish to be a pilot? *Lock On* - Page 2 Empty Re: Who wish to be a pilot? *Lock On*

Post by Snippers Thu 7 Apr - 9:58:27

FC2 requires the original lockon but it is far nicer than the original IMO, personally I want to give DCS A-10C a bash but its expensive :(

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Who wish to be a pilot? *Lock On* - Page 2 Empty Re: Who wish to be a pilot? *Lock On*

Post by Jay Scott Thu 7 Apr - 10:27:16

Yer Capitan me and deadly have had some good games the last view nights,

Look out for us on TS ( other games ) Orford that thing u made is Super advanced Sh!t Razz can u make me one cheers

party3
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 7 Apr - 11:34:27

i got it but it looks so damn complicated to fly, i liked novalogics f16/f22 push, turn fire done :)
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 7 Apr - 11:46:06

Is Flaming Cliffs 2 just an expansion pack or a whole new game with better graphics
Pretty sure its a whole new game, new engine etc, but it does require LockOn to be installed. It's dirt cheap now tho so no big deal.

I think there are more arcadey settings in LockOn, if you can't be arsed to learn a million different buttons. Chances are I'm gonna go that route haha

I was thinking about making one of those TrackIR things, did you need soldering gear?

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Thu 7 Apr - 13:43:05

Can't seem to buy the online download version of Lock-On.
Don't want to wait for CD-box...anyone know where to download (legal)?

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 7 Apr - 14:39:20

As far as I'm aware Brad, there is no download of LockOn. Only LockOn FC and FC2. Have to get it on disk? I could be wrong though

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 7 Apr - 15:40:47

FC is a add-on for lock on. FC2 is a bought stand alone add-on for lock-on but requiers that you have the original lock-on installed before it runs the FC2 installer. Once its installed you can uninstall lock-on original.

http://lockon.co.uk/?&end_pos=1322&scr=shop

here you go online shop its in dollars but the exchange rate is depending on your bank.

Thats where I bought FC2 from its safe and from the makers of the game.

Lock-On $9.99
FC2 $29.99

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Thu 7 Apr - 22:28:32

I have this game, didn't know there was a multiplayer function... didn't know what to do really when i first got it, just spent half an hour flying around not spotting anything then crashing into the ground and go back to playing outside with friends.
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Thu 7 Apr - 23:50:32

H.sta wrote:back to playing outside
Where's that?!

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Fri 8 Apr - 1:32:39

don't bother capitan, i played outside and outside 2 both were a bit rubbish, good graphix but terrible controls and no respawn!! kinda sux

speeeeed

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sugnat Fri 8 Apr - 7:33:02

speedhound1-WYD- wrote: terrible controls and no respawn!!

But thats what makes it so fun Wink

Plus you can have more fun.....with more than 32 people on your team!
sugnat
sugnat

Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Fri 8 Apr - 10:09:59

http://www.theblackknights667th.com/Lo_Mac/Lomackeys.zip

Lock-on keyboard key layout.

Enjoy, its for the origanal version 1.02.

After blowing up all the bad guys Brad decided to try and land on my head at 3000ft. I made it look easier then it was hey Brad?

Who wish to be a pilot? *Lock On* - Page 2 Format10

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Fri 8 Apr - 18:16:49

haha yeah that was seriously cool! I had better screenshots but failed to save them :(

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Fri 8 Apr - 18:50:09

Right, got it in the post today. Installed and patched. Need to sort out widescreen and FOV though. What you guys running it at?

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Fri 8 Apr - 20:35:29

Maxed out on 1920x1200.

We should get DCS A10C!

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Fri 8 Apr - 23:49:07

DCS:A-10 is a bit hard core for fun/sim takes to much effort to shoot things. is the cream of flight sims though but to much sim.

I run Lock-on at 1440x900 widscreen full every thing on video setting but draw distance to medium as you dont need it to see 100km as targets on come on screen at 15km.

Update for all you who know the right end of a souldering iron and have a Wii mote lieing around. Hook it up to your PC using bluetooth. Make a head mount with 3 IR leds and 2xA batts. insert the correct amp resistor for your LED`s depending how you wire them. Or if you have a crappy web cam take out the IR filter fiddle with the colour balance.

Then come flying its alot more fun when you can do this for less than 2 pints of beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJVJMKx3Drg&feature=related

works in ArmA planes helios and inf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvyFirDG8zI&feature=fvwrel

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri 7 Oct - 0:15:13

Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Mon 21 Nov - 19:03:32

I tried the Fre tracker to see if it would work with out all doing all the fancy hardware stuff. But my stream is all grey and white, can only barely distinguish my face.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 21 Nov - 20:18:06

are you using face tracker or free track with IR led's?
if you want to do face tracker try http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

let me know when your about and I'll meet you in TS talk you through the set up. I have it running perfect with take on helicopters and Flaming cliffs 2.

Last edited by Orford on Mon 21 Nov - 20:43:41; edited 1 time in total

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 21 Nov - 20:37:06

Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Tue 22 Nov - 9:37:48

I got FC and FC2 installed so just let me know when you're ready to play!
Getting like 6-8 people in 1 game on Co-op or 3v3 ^^ would be amazing! :)

BTW i bought FC2 a while ago and tried 'hardcore' multiplayer....man those guys flying Migs are impossible to gun down...

What about this :D :

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 22 Nov - 11:23:33

Cool video Xazper!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JToTheDog Tue 22 Nov - 13:15:29

I tried Free tracker.

But I tried Face tracker as well now. I couldn't get it to work but after some FAQs I got it to start.
However, when I press "start" under "Tracker Source" I get a "Failed to initialize APIScope: unspecified error" message.
JToTheDog
JToTheDog

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Tue 22 Nov - 18:38:49

did you download the faceapi http://www.seeingmachines.com/product/faceapi/ make sure you run the setup as admin and the facetrack as admin.

you need to register with faceapi but the download is free. That's the program that facetrack needs to read your face.

some times it works with out it but it seams just like with my set up you need to install the stand alone faceapi.

I once landed a C130 on a carrier and took off again, setting on full realisam.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Wed 23 Nov - 12:12:12

Personally I would like to have a go with DCS: A-10C because I bought the game and have TrackIR V5 Pro. I know it is a study sim but I feel a lot more satisfaction of actually getting back out of a combat zone and land.

My first successfull landing was when half my wing was destroyed and one of my engines had caught fire. Managing to land that is something I'll never forget and something you people will hear often.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Mon 4 Jun - 10:58:58

Anyone in for a game this week? Played FC2 multiplayer yesterday with about 30 people on a server. Man that is crazy a mix between CAS, interceptor, shipstrike CAS, etc...

Just to get you in the mood:

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Mon 4 Jun - 15:12:13

Lt.brad wrote:Anyone in for a game this week? Played FC2 multiplayer yesterday with about 30 people on a server. Man that is crazy a mix between CAS, interceptor, shipstrike CAS, etc...

Just to get you in the mood:

Binary Orchestra - Lazarus. I was listening to that song for the past couple of days. Found them because of GlowingAmraams new video.

Here is another I found with some epic music put over it. The last song did not really fit but cool vid none the less.

Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sincoza Mon 4 Jun - 23:04:52

Anyone got DCS: A10? I'm thinking of buying it soon and a joystick, and want some people to play it with.
Sincoza
Sincoza

Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 5 Jun - 10:51:36

Sincoza wrote:Anyone got DCS: A10? I'm thinking of buying it soon and a joystick, and want some people to play it with.

Snippers and I have both got it. Snippers is not ready to play yet as he has to go somewhere, I forget. I am willing to play with you if you decide to buy it. I'm not sure if the game should be running patch 1.1.1.1 or 1.1.2.1 for DCS: World.

I believe there was some one else in the clan that played DCS a bit more involved with other people but I forgot his name.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Tue 5 Jun - 11:25:13

Sincoza wrote:Anyone got DCS: A10? I'm thinking of buying it soon and a joystick, and want some people to play it with.

Check a tutorial first I would say... It can't get any more realistic so that means it has a very steep learning curve...
Just saying... :)

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 5 Jun - 11:27:26

Watching tutorials and remembering them is not that bad.
Some people actually read the manual to fly the thing. That is hardcore.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sincoza Tue 5 Jun - 11:35:14

Lt.brad wrote:

Check a tutorial first I would say... It can't get any more realistic so that means it has a very steep learning curve...
Just saying... :)
Yeah I've watched loads of videos of it, it takes like 10 minutes to take off doesnt it? lol
Sincoza
Sincoza

Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 5 Jun - 18:09:14

I would suggest waiting for the game to come on sale. I bought it on Steam. Then went to the DCS website and downloaded the game from there. Finally used the CD key from Steam to activate the game. Alternatively you can use Steam all the way or any other site that sells the game.

Or buy it now if you are not worried about spending money.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.brad Wed 6 Jun - 10:08:59

Da-Fort wrote:Watching tutorials and remembering them is not that bad.
Some people actually read the manual to fly the thing. That is hardcore.

Haha yeah I also saw same people WRITE MANUAL BOOKS about this...That is HARDCORE :)
You can download the manual here www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/dcs_a-10c_flight_manual_en/

oh and it is only 672 pages... HAVE FUN HAHAHA

If you want it a little less Hardcore I would prefer Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs 2.
It has lot's of mods available and good Multiplayer features...

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2