*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playstation 3

+6
un4givenL0g1c
Metal.G3ar.So1id
Orford
bullyhouse
devilhawk
Naytdawg
10 posters

Go down

Playstation 3 Empty Playstation 3

Post by Naytdawg Sun 28 Feb - 18:07:03

(admin - is this in the right area?? if not pelase move)

Been offered one, a 40gb, neighbour needs to make some pennys, worth buying it?

grand turismo 5 and metal gear solid 4 are the only games i really know of for it, worth it just for the blu-ray?
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3 Empty Re: Playstation 3

Post by devilhawk Sun 28 Feb - 20:59:15

u want a blu ray player then buy a bluray player ;]

devilhawk

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Sun 28 Feb - 21:21:12

how much they want for it? you may wanna add more gb also..
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Sun 28 Feb - 21:48:46

wel yeah ive been looking at it, and yeah getting an upgraded hdd is a defo, i think he wantrs about 180/200. not sure he only bought it last month, bit pissed off he has to sell it, but needs must
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sun 28 Feb - 22:46:29

If he needs the cash have it for £180 and get the recipt he got with it for the warranty. As for the HDD I got a 40gb one and if i watch films I stream them from my PC to the ps3 to watch them on the TV so it dont eat the HDD. also they are easy to upgrade its basicaly a laptop 2.5" HDD gose in the slot at the side just take the cover off undo a screw slide it out put the new one in the carrier and when you turn on the PS3 it will auto format it to suit the PS3 software.

. As for the blue ray player its one of the best players you can get as far as decoder gose also if you got a surround sound system they out put true HD audio via HDMI alot better than some standalone blue ray players you pay £400 for. even with out a surround sound system make sure you run it on a HDMI cable to your TV as it will also upscale normal DVD`s to 1080HD. Even just as a media server its worth £180 and if you have or your kids got a PSP you can stream films to the PSP from your PC to the PS3 then onto the PSP and watch them any where within wireless range of your PS3.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal.G3ar.So1id Sun 28 Feb - 23:45:02

I agree with Will, he said it all :D

Metal.G3ar.So1id
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by un4givenL0g1c Mon 1 Mar - 0:32:05

Well just to throw some other games out in the open there is Uncharted 2.

or the Kill Zone games.

Those are the two I know of that are PS3 exclusives.
un4givenL0g1c
un4givenL0g1c
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by djsimmy Mon 1 Mar - 10:12:25

devilhawk wrote:u want a blu ray player then buy a bluray player ;]

i disagree id get a ps3 over just a bluray..

reason for ps3...

playsblurays
plays games
iplayer
net browser
free online gaming..
awsome graphics
works grate with media service on windows 7
stream hd movies from ur pc with out any discs etc.

i had the orginal ps3... 60gb card reader 4 usb ports and backward ps2 compatable..

it was a beast! and i never regreted paying 500 quid for it when it was realised...

how ever about 6 months ago it died.. it was insured tho.... and unlucky for me it died the day before the new slim line came out..
so instead of geting a new awsome one ... i got a new s**t slim line one

thats got the built quality of a renult!

plastic s**t every where no card reader only 2 usbs and no backward ps2 compataiblty!

id also consider getting heavy rain... ive not seen texures like that on any other game so far...

Playstation 3 365432-heavy_rain_think_ethan_mars_origami_killer

Last edited by djsimmy on Mon 1 Mar - 10:17:46; edited 2 times in total

djsimmy

Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by djsimmy Mon 1 Mar - 10:13:41

Orford wrote:If he needs the cash have it for £180 and get the recipt he got with it for the warranty. As for the HDD I got a 40gb one and if i watch films I stream them from my PC to the ps3 to watch them on the TV so it dont eat the HDD. also they are easy to upgrade its basicaly a laptop 2.5" HDD gose in the slot at the side just take the cover off undo a screw slide it out put the new one in the carrier and when you turn on the PS3 it will auto format it to suit the PS3 software.

. As for the blue ray player its one of the best players you can get as far as decoder gose also if you got a surround sound system they out put true HD audio via HDMI alot better than some standalone blue ray players you pay £400 for. even with out a surround sound system make sure you run it on a HDMI cable to your TV as it will also upscale normal DVD`s to 1080HD. Even just as a media server its worth £180 and if you have or your kids got a PSP you can stream films to the PSP from your PC to the PS3 then onto the PSP and watch them any where within wireless range of your PS3.

lol didnt read wills post skim reading ftl..

but yeah what he said :D

djsimmy

Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Mon 1 Mar - 10:57:20

happy days, ill make the offer
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 2 Mar - 8:13:17

Check the news! All ps3 have been hit by the millenium bug ten years late yesterday! The date on the consoles has been reset to 2000! This has wiped lots of saved data, and people cant acess online gaming! Sony are trying to solve the problem. My advice... Get an xbox!
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Tue 2 Mar - 8:44:41

For a minute I was questioning you there bully, but seeing as Microsoft left a bug on their zune, the date code worked such that on the last day of every leap year it wouldn't work at all. Apparently it didn't wipe saved data it was just that the servers and consoles had a sync issue over the what the time was
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8544675.stm

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 2 Mar - 9:39:21

I saw it on the news last night and again in paper this morning. Maybe not as bad as people were claiming, but still not something you would expect to happen from sony! Schoolboy error...
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Tue 2 Mar - 19:10:02

its fixed no big issue.

Not as bad as the 1 million xbox users who got there xboxs bricked if the had changed the firmware to play copied games. not only did they lkose all there data but there xboxs can no longer connect to xbox live and they had to buy new xboxs.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Wed 3 Mar - 5:54:07

Orford wrote:its fixed no big issue.

Not as bad as the 1 million xbox users who got there xboxs bricked if the had changed the firmware to play copied games. not only did they lkose all there data but there xboxs can no longer connect to xbox live and they had to buy new xboxs.

ahh, the perils of playing pirate games! lol
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Wed 3 Mar - 10:05:12

Lets not forget the xbox ring of death fiasco. Must of cost Microsoft a fortune.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Wed 3 Mar - 17:02:23

Well I got it, so far so good, few demos downloaded, been docking about in online world, quite cool

will be back on pc and pr at some point lol
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Wed 3 Mar - 23:19:51

will be back on pc when i realise my thumb is for sticking in sweet corn and my birds ass not for aiming at some ones head . mouse ftw lol
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum